Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So they played Gloria and sound checked friggen Two Hearts Beat As One?! Very glad I'm going two nights in NYC

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Had to keep reminding myself last night that I am going to all the NYC shows to keep from going :gah: a lot for not being in Chicago.

Hi everyone, so I'm the guy who got to sing Desire with the band tonight! I just got home and can't even begin to describe how awesome it is was.

I met Sean outside the gig earlier today (I think he is Harbinger here on the forum) and found out he was partially blind and knew how to play guitar. I asked Bono outside if they were going to play Desire tonight, if they need a singer I can sing it, and Sean can play guitar. Bono said ok, I'll look for you later. He did, called us both up & the rest is history. The best part about this to me is Sean- he's partially blind, and a lefty guitar player. He turned Edge's guitar upside down to play it- how cool is that?! That's clutch.

I personally whispered to Bono as the song ended that they've made me a better person, and you can probably hear after where I told them 'Don't stop making the music, don't stop. It was 2nd nature to say that. I honestly thought about all of us fans on the forum who wonder if they'll hang them up when I said that. really they have.

I'm a very lucky guy, have a beautiful wife that gave us a baby girl this year & who loves U2 as well.

Awesome! Congrats :applaud:

Hi everyone, so I'm the guy who got to sing Desire with the band tonight! I just got home and can't even begin to describe how awesome it is was.

I met Sean outside the gig earlier today (I think he is Harbinger here on the forum) and found out he was partially blind and knew how to play guitar. I asked Bono outside if they were going to play Desire tonight, if they need a singer I can sing it, and Sean can play guitar. Bono said ok, I'll look for you later. He did, called us both up & the rest is history. The best part about this to me is Sean- he's partially blind, and a lefty guitar player. He turned Edge's guitar upside down to play it- how cool is that?! That's clutch.

I personally whispered to Bono as the song ended that they've made me a better person, and you can probably hear after where I told them 'Don't stop making the music, don't stop. It was 2nd nature to say that. I honestly thought about all of us fans on the forum who wonder if they'll hang them up when I said that. really they have.

I'm a very lucky guy, have a beautiful wife that gave us a baby girl this year & who loves U2 as well.

Dude, that was my favorite part of the show, you and Harbinger tearing it up on Desire. I was just a few feet away from you guys. Way to handle those vocals, I know I could not have pulled that off. You going back for round 2 tonight?

Electric Co, Gloria and 11 O Clock Tick Tock have easily been the highlights of the tour for me. Maybe one of these days they could play them all in the same night.

SHUT. UP. That is freaking awesome.

Way to go, both of you! :)

That is so amazing! What a great memory for you. U2's music got me through cancer so I can relate to that. :)

Awesome! Congrats! :applaud::applaud:

I'm sure Gloria will stick around, the crowd reaction was fantastic and the band played it extremely passionately. loved the new extended middle and even the outro was great, slightly different. I just wanna see them expand that slot to two songs.

I think they absolutely should try this.
Btw the run they had at the start of Roxy show is the best thing they've done live in years, I can't imagine how massive it was for those being there in person :combust:
And Gloria :heart:

The best part about this to me is Sean- he's partially blind, and a lefty guitar player. He turned Edge's guitar upside down to play it- how cool is that?! That's clutch.

I was puzzled about the crew having a lefty guitar at the ready, But this explains it all. FANTASTIC! Bravo!

Congrats to the both of you! I love to hear about all the fans on interference rocking it on stage.

Hi everyone again, thanks for your comments, glad it went over well! I was a little eh after hearing my own voice on the audio. Good for anyone who wants to voluntarily damage their hearing LOL And Shawn really made it happen because Bono asked me before the show when he was signing if I could play guitar which I can't, and something miraculous happened when Shawn told me plays guitar. I mean, really? Not in a million years should that have happened. But it did :D

I know I was in the midst of a lot of people's wishes on this forum and beyond, so I tried to be classy and have fun, say something any of us would want to tell them, get lost in the moment. It's really hard to hear on stage. And I have a WHOLE new respect for how strong Bono's voice is (maybe it was the mic volume) but I was singing as loud as I could while not losing it completely, and Bono sounds a lot louder than me. I wouldn't put it past him having that much stronger vocal power.

And Axver, sorry I got really defensive about your reaction to One the other night. I'm not normally that vocal. I hope it didn't come across in a bad way. I've been on this positive kick lately especially with the baby and coming out on the better side of a cancer diagnosis, then with good karma for Chicago's setlists. I've been calling this week my personal Super Bowl. I even wore my Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt T-shirt last night because they always mix up their set lists- more good karma sprinkled on the event. Plus I thought if by any chance this would happen that shirt would look kick ass on stage. I know Edge has been sporting some lightning bolt T's/graphics this tour.

Last night was my first live show. It was incredible! The collective energy and awesome fan interaction was something I didn't expect. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to attend. No complaints here! :love:

Hi everyone again, thanks for your comments, glad it went over well! I was a little eh after hearing my own voice on the audio. Good for anyone who wants to voluntarily damage their hearing LOL And Shawn really made it happen because Bono asked me before the show when he was signing if I could play guitar which I can't, and something miraculous happened when Shawn told me plays guitar. I mean, really? Not in a million years should that have happened. But it did :D

I know I was in the midst of a lot of people's wishes on this forum and beyond, so I tried to be classy and have fun, say something any of us would want to tell them, get lost in the moment. It's really hard to hear on stage. And I have a WHOLE new respect for how strong Bono's voice is (maybe it was the mic volume) but I was singing as loud as I could while not losing it completely, and Bono sounds a lot louder than me. I wouldn't put it past him having that much stronger vocal power.

What a cool story - congratulations to you and Shawn! :)

Dude, that was my favorite part of the show, you and Harbinger tearing it up on Desire. I was just a few feet away from you guys. Way to handle those vocals, I know I could not have pulled that off. You going back for round 2 tonight?

Yep, my wife & I are there tonight for Chicago 4. I'm wearing my Pearl Jam Wrigley Field 2013 shirt for more good setlist karma. Come on boys, Two Hearts & Crystal Ballroom!!! The Fly for good measure.

I'm gonna go get autographs again today like yesterday, and I'm going to remind every member that The Ocean/11 O'Clock Tick Tock exists.

I mean they did already play it this year, can't be hard for them to run it through at the check and go for it. happened with Gloria yesterday even!

Mention shine like stars while you're at it :wink:

And Axver, sorry I got really defensive about your reaction to One the other night. I'm not normally that vocal. I hope it didn't come across in a bad way. I've been on this positive kick lately especially with the baby and coming out on the better side of a cancer diagnosis, then with good karma for Chicago's setlists. I've been calling this week my personal Super Bowl. I even wore my Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt T-shirt last night because they always mix up their set lists- more good karma sprinkled on the event. Plus I thought if by any chance this would happen that shirt would look kick ass on stage. I know Edge has been sporting some lightning bolt T's/graphics this tour.

Oh don't worry about it, I wasn't shocked that got a rise and I figured it wasn't a debate particularly worth pursuing (I think my last post in that thread was late at night and rotten drunk!). Sounds like you're having one hell of a good time at the moment. :up:

Back
Top Bottom