2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my foot in Montreal and still ran and made the rail for 3 more shows. Foot is better now, watch out young folks.

Hahaha me too, except the marathon part :wink:

Yeah but you do all that :dance: stuff dont you? :hyper:

I remember the last 360 show we went to in St Louis, we came stumbling back in from some bars around town at some crazy hour in the morning. There were people already lined up for the show in fact when we strolled by. A couple of them i recognized from Elevation tour way back in the day. Ill admit i didnt get up for the GA line early that time, instead we slept off the nonsense and spent most of the day in the hotel room sleeping and eating room service. Finally we strolled into the show casually around 7ish and got a spot around the soundboard. After the show we went out drinking like crazy people again, naturally.

Pretty sure it's 2 per show.

I thought it was 4?

As it happens, the only time I've ever struggled to get tickets was through a fanclub presale - the 2005 clusterfuck. Regular sales, arenas or stadiums? Got GA like a breeze every time, be it in Australia, Europe, or the US.

Hello everyone...

Just stopping by to say how totally excited I am! :hyper:

I wonder if U2 will come to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. How cool, they'll come to my hometown!

I've never done GA, so I'll go for it, even if I'm an oldie at 32.

See you all next Spring!

I'm 19, was good at track in high school and have the patience and stamina required to wait hours in line. I got in line at 9:30 for the Seattle 360 show and got outer rail in the center so I have GA experience. I hope all you old people are ready to get beat in the race to the front of the stage on this tour because I'm taking no prisoners.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Your day will come, wipper snapper

I'm 37 now. Years of sitting on my couch drinking wine and listening to records has caught up with me. Also my legs and arms are weak and my eye sight is failing from posting on interference too long. I can't handle GA in my old fragile age. I will wait for the tour blu ray to come out. Assuming I have not died by then.

:heart:

This tour will be my first time seeing U2 in GA as I'm actually of able body to handle the floor now... me and my brother were pretty damn scrawny when the 360 tour rolled around and my dad settled for seats. (which was still great)

The whole waiting all day and running thing sounds a bit crazy... hopefully my old man and brother are up for it this time.

This tour will be my first time seeing U2 in GA as I'm actually of able body to handle the floor now... me and my brother were pretty damn scrawny when the 360 tour rolled around and my dad settled for seats. (which was still great)

The whole waiting all day and running thing sounds a bit crazy... hopefully my old man and brother are up for it this time.

You really don't have to run. Fast walk'll do you.

Waiting all day though...if you want rail, that's probably gonna have to be the case.

Hello everyone...

Just stopping by to say how totally excited I am! :hyper:

I wonder if U2 will come to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. How cool, they'll come to my hometown!

I've never done GA, so I'll go for it, even if I'm an oldie at 32.

See you all next Spring!

I've never been to a U2 show before! As a rabid fan for over two decades, seeing these guys in concert has been THE dream for me. Never had the opportunity before, but I moved to the US a couple of years ago, and I cannot begin to explain how excited I am about this.

I'm excited about lining up for GA a day before. I'm excited about dishing out $200 for a ticket. I'm excited about peeing in a bottle during the show so I don't lose my spot on the floor. I'm excited about standing 10 feet away from Bono and shouting "ARE YOU OKAY?" at him. I'm excited about hitchhiking my way all across the USA to FINALLY see my favorite band in concert.

Most of you have had the good fortune to see U2 multiple times over the years, so you cannot begin to fathom what this feels like. Being in love with a band's music for more than two decades; a band which is considered one of the greatest live acts of all time. Dreaming of, one day, being able to see them live. And finally, being so close to seeing that dream manifest.

I honestly cannot explain how excited I am about this. And by GOD I'm going to make the most out of it!

Yt7Dqcu.gif

GA lineup is great if the weather is tolerable. You get to hear the soundcheck (which always seems to sound ridiculously bass-heavy from outside). Not to mention those false alarms when someone thinks the entry gates are opening up so everybody in the line rushes forward into a crush... and nothing happens.
Good times.

GA lineup is great if the weather is tolerable. You get to hear the soundcheck (which always seems to sound ridiculously bass-heavy from outside). Not to mention those false alarms when someone thinks the entry gates are opening up so everybody in the line rushes forward into a crush... and nothing happens.
Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw25UrixFeg

Good times!

I totally remember this soundcheck. I thought they were gonna bust out The Fly at the show. Too bad they didn't, but at least I got to hear it. Seattle was a great GA experience because the weather was so nice. I just hung out all day with my friend and other U2 fans. I'm so excited for this tour.

Oh hey, another 19-er!

I would do GA for U2, but my dad is my "U2 concert buddy" and he prefers seats for all concerts. If I was on my own, I would love to try and get a spot on the outer rail (as I have been on the front rail for two EDM festivals and the experience was miles better than being squished in the middle and dealing with the kind of crowd that shows up at those events), or at the very back of the arena.

My dad prefers seats too, but I think he's gonna do GA with me if they do a show on Portland. I'll road trip up to Seattle and do GA with a friend if they play any shows up there (which they probably will). My goal is to see all the shows they play in the Northwest.

There were different rules for US dates and European dates. I believe for Europe it was one show only, but for the US it was up to 4 tickets and they didn't have to be for the same show.

Ah yes, that's right!

I remember during the Vertigo Australia/New Zealand presale in 2006, they had the rule about up to four tickets but only for one show. In my excitement when the tickets went on sale, I totally forgot. I bought 3 tickets for Brisbane and then went and bought one for Auckland. Never got caught.

I suppose it helped they were in different countries, and perhaps Ticketek Australia and Ticketek New Zealand didn't crosscheck (or was it Ticketmaster? Whoever). I was paranoid right up until I got scanned in though.

I'm a GA type of person, no matter which concert I'm going to. I got GA for almost every show I wanted, be it U2 or anyone else, stadium or arena. The only time I didn't get GA was the Milan show in 2009, but only because the server broke down and we decided to take a seat ticket because we wanted to watch a show with a seat as well, it was a great ticket and the show was amazing. Apart from that, GA only. No problems getting those. I went to a lot of non-U2 arena concerts as well, shows that sold out quickly and I didn't exactly line up in the morning and got good to decent spots. I like to try out different spots in different venues. I don't have the time and nerve to line up early in the morning for every show. I'll try to get as many GA tickets as possible for the next tour. Normally, they don't exactly "sell out" that quickly, there are more GA tickets released at a later point, so you still have a chance to check in and get some. I may try seats for one or two shows as well, just to check out if it works. But everything depends on the dates and venues. I'll decide as soon as we have details.

Thanks Elvis!

I am excited just by the tour talk! :hyper: Like others I will probably be getting seats this time around. If I do end up doing GA then it will be back by the soundboard like I did in Minneapolis on the 360 tour. Was so nice not to have wait all day long in line and fight the crowds at the rail. I have had my moments of being up close and I loved it. Past the point of being able to handle that anymore lol.

Are you coming to Germany this time? :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom