2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Vertigo way. With limited number of outside rail spots, only the very hard core would wait all day since they were hoping for inner circle, but had a fall back if they did win a spot in, but for the 300-500 people that randomly (or could talk/scam their way in) made it into the inner circle no matter what time they showed up, it gave more people a shot at getting up close to the band.

We should form groups in each city to troll Line Nazis. Make fun of them loudly in front of everyone around, start marking people's hands with other color markers, make sure to report them to security so they can't give pref treatment to friends, etc

Thes people need to go down, hard.

Waiting really isn't worth it, at least not in stadiums. In Melbourne I got the rail behind the red zone and then second row right in front of Adam despite showing up at around 5:30 or 6pm both days. And in arenas I was lucky on Vertigo and got beeped into the ellipse both times.

Cheers for the tour info Elvis. :up:

Pretty much this. I lined up all day for both Melbourne gigs, but will never do it again because I rocked up just when they were letting people in for Sydney and Brisbane and could basically choose wherever I wanted. Depending on what the stage setup is like, there may not need to be a lottery this tour, but then again they do seem to enjoy separating the GA areas. Perhaps they will have a Gold (Closer to the stage) and Silver (further from the stage) at least that's what Springsteen did this time around in Australia.

And the tour isn't starting till May/June? I think that's leaving it far too long after the album has been released and then hitting the road. Which could give some credibility to Bono saying that Songs of Experience is on its way.

How did the lottery thing work on Vertigo again? What if you have a number that gets selected to go into the "circle" (or whatever) and your s/o does not? That would kind of suck...

I'm 19, was good at track in high school and have the patience and stamina required to wait hours in line. I got in line at 9:30 for the Seattle 360 show and got outer rail in the center so I have GA experience. I hope all you old people are ready to get beat in the race to the front of the stage on this tour because I'm taking no prisoners.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That fall-back is exactly why people continued to camp out. If it was just the hardcore fans, there were certainly a lot of them. Not all of them got outer rail. If the goal was get different people to the front, the lottery was semi-successful. (those with connections or knew a band members were still able to get in. Scan or no scan). If the goal was to stop people from showing up early, it was a failure. I did not like the lottery.

Just kidding, I'm pretty nice. But I do wanna be up front for at least one show.

I'm 19, was good at track in high school and have the patience and stamina required to wait hours in line. I got in line at 9:30 for the Seattle 360 show and got outer rail in the center so I have GA experience. I hope all you old people are ready to get beat in the race to the front of the stage on this tour because I'm taking no prisoners.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT.

I want to see more people like you in GA.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT.

I want to see more people like you in GA.

U2 is not entertainment, people, it's a competition. Challenge accepted. Prepare to get your ass U2'd.

That fall-back is exactly why people continued to camp out. If it was just the hardcore fans, there were certainly a lot of them. Not all of them got outer rail. If the goal was get different people to the front, the lottery was semi-successful. (those with connections or knew a band members were still able to get in. Scan or no scan). If the goal was to stop people from showing up early, it was a failure. I did not like the lottery.

Agreed, but it was much better than the Elevation tour, where in March you could guarantee a spot in the inner circle by getting in line around 11am, by June it was 6am and quickly people would be leaving during shows (or before) to get back in line for the next nights show.

I actually was someone that talked my way in since I was with someone that had gone to over 10 straight shows at the beginning of the tour and he (we) had never got scanned. The tour manager took pity and gave us bands. The only time on Vertigo I made it in.

that's what happens here in France - no stupid numbering, no annoying line Nazis - doors open and you fecking RUN :D

i remember, one tour, seeing a video someone posted of a US gig, gates opened and people were made to WALK/WADDLE slowly in a massive line into the arena, all holding hands so no-one behind could push in - my god it was the most absurd thing i had ever seen in my life!!! i would not be able to handle that kind of thing....

Agreed, but it was much better than the Elevation tour, where in March you could guarantee a spot in the inner circle by getting in line around 11am, by June it was 6am and quickly people would be leaving during shows (or before) to get back in line for the next nights show.

I actually was someone that talked my way in since I was with someone that had gone to over 10 straight shows at the beginning of the tour and he (we) had never got scanned. The tour manager took pity and gave us bands. The only time on Vertigo I made it in.

I yearn for the days when I can come at 6 a.m. and be guaranteed a first row spot. I actually think it may go back to that if they do more shows with arenas. On 360, you;d have to show up at least a night early. That wasn't as fun. But Vertigo was no better than Elevation. People would come before and camp. (I did). I do think that leaving during a show to get in the next line is plain dumb. I also wish that people who did that would hold me a spot :wink:

On Vertigo, on the second U.S. leg, I also made a friend of the wristband lady. I still would have preferred to not deal with that. (Not the woman, she was nice; just the whole lottery thing).

I'm 37 now. Years of sitting on my couch drinking wine and listening to records has caught up with me. Also my legs and arms are weak and my eye sight is failing from posting on interference too long. I can't handle GA in my old fragile age. I will wait for the tour blu ray to come out. Assuming I have not died by then.

I'm 37 now. Years of sitting on my couch drinking wine and listening to records has caught up with me. Also my legs and arms are weak and my eye sight is failing from posting on interference too long. I can't handle GA in my old fragile age. I will wait for the tour blu ray to come out. Assuming I have not died by then.

bunch of wimps the lot of you! i'm in my 40s (eek!) and i will be running! :lol:

I'm 37 now. Years of sitting on my couch drinking wine and listening to records has caught up with me. Also my legs and arms are weak and my eye sight is failing from posting on interference too long. I can't handle GA in my old fragile age. I will wait for the tour blu ray VHS tape to come out. Assuming I have not died by then.

fixed

david...no worries, I'll bring a defibrillator...:yes:

What would your opinion be if, both times, you ended up all the way in the back because you were the first person ahead of where the line was cut?

This happened to me and I still love the system Bruce has. Its fair, there's no fan bickering or self appointed dictators and you don't have to wait in line all day, check in, find the line in the first place.
Bruce staffers walk the line in to the back of GA.

I just need a cane, that coverts to a monopod to get my camera over your heads. (got you all beat...age at 50)

Oh hey, another 19-er!

I would do GA for U2, but my dad is my "U2 concert buddy" and he prefers seats for all concerts. If I was on my own, I would love to try and get a spot on the outer rail (as I have been on the front rail for two EDM festivals and the experience was miles better than being squished in the middle and dealing with the kind of crowd that shows up at those events), or at the very back of the arena.

Don't underestimate the 'old' people dahlin'. There's a lot of rail out there and we'll be standing right next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom