2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the visibility will be for people with seats on the ends, especially higher up. It looks as if the screen will block most of the stage, and there doesn't seem to be video screens for the ends... I hope this isn't the case.

God damn you are a whiner. All I said was it was pretty obvious from the moment we saw the screens the band would be able to walk between them and you have to act like that. You seem to have this complex where you NEED to be the man or something. Shove your cookie man. Stop being such a Jackass.

Right. That's what happened there.

woah tour spoilers on Fallon... that stage looks amazing

That trailer looked AWESOME last night. Well worth waiting for on Fallon. Heck, the whole hour was amazing. They're definitely back!

I wonder how the visibility will be for people with seats on the ends, especially higher up. It looks as if the screen will block most of the stage, and there doesn't seem to be video screens for the ends... I hope this isn't the case.

Nah, the screens will move up and down kinda like the center cylinder of The Claw if I had to guess. They're not going to eliminate the entire runway by leaving screens in place along it all night, especially if RZ is there like some have rumored.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I think there's more than just the screen going on. It does appear that there are other random LED "sticks" that will be around the stage throughout the show.

The ticket price layout also makes significantly more sense now with the somewhat full scope

I kinda wonder if the Zooropa LED jackets will return.... :giggle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

And songs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

captain-obvious.jpg

So I put together a playlist to match the rehearsal set lists from the past two days... and the Song For Someone to Sunday Bloody Sunday transition makes complete and total sense now that we've seen those images of a light bulb exploding from a bullet.

That transition and close to the first set has a chance to be fucking epic

So I put together a playlist to match the rehearsal set lists from the past two days... and the Song For Someone to Sunday Bloody Sunday transition makes complete and total sense now that we've seen those images of a light bulb exploding from a bullet.

That transition and close to the first set has a chance to be fucking epic

Yep - wow, that sounds like it will be amazing.

I know 360 was epic, and the stage was huge - but from what we know of this tour, it seems to be full of details and ideas that we haven't seen from them since probably Zootv, if ever. This looks like a total re-imagination, and so meticulously planned. Can't wait.

All the set needs now is Bono flying over the crowd in a giant cowboy hat.

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressed by the lighting/effects/themes that have been revealed so far than any of the song choices. This is going to be the most thematically dense tour since Popmart, easily.

Last edited:
Right. That's what happened there.

That's exactly what happened there. You don't post a condescending "here's a cookie" type comment if you aren't being a douche. How else am I supposed to comment that I thought that it was obvious the band would be able to walk between the screens from the moment we saw them? Get a grip. You didn't see me get all pouty after I posted that Jimmy fallon confirmed SFS as one of the songs and you replied with a sharp "Beatiful Day, Angel of harlem, Song or someone. Already confirmed" I didn't sit back and think oh man he's trying to win a cookie. I simply thought ok already confirmed. All I was sayng was whether it was confirmed or not last night I thought it was obvious long ago. Go cry in a corner if it bothers you that much.

That's exactly what happened there. You don't post a condescending "here's a cookie" type comment if you aren't being a douche. How else am I supposed to comment that I thought that it was obvious the band would be able to walk between the screens from the moment we saw them? Get a grip. You didn't see me get all pouty after I posted that Jimmy fallon confirmed SFS as one of the songs and you replied with a sharp "Beatiful Day, Angel of harlem, Song or someone. Already confirmed" I didn't sit back and think oh man he's trying to win a cookie. I simply thought ok already confirmed. All I was sayng was whether it was confirmed or not last night I thought it was obvious long ago. Go cry in a corner if it bothers you that much.

So I posted a picture of captain obvious after a fairly obvious post, and the response was more or less a smile and a winky face.

It was posted with the same thought process as the cookie, to which you've gone on two more fuckity fuck fuck ass cock balls dick asshole blah blah freakin blah diatribes where you make broad based assumptions about what you believe to be a poster's intent over.

Yet I'm the douche who needs to get a grip.

That was not me being a douche to you, or trying to be "the man" or some other silly thing that you think I'm trying to be. When I want to be a douche to you, you'll know.

In the mean time why don't you fucking relax. Hit the ignore button if you so desire. I'll do the same.

So I posted a picture of captain obvious after a fairly obvious post, and the poster's response was more or less a smile and a winky face.

It was posted with the same thought process as the cookie.

Yet I'm the douche who needs to get a grip.

If it was posted with the same thought process as the cookie you would not have felt the need to explain to me why you posted the confirmation about the screens along with your condescedning remark about the cookie. Painfully obvious what you were doing so yes get a grip.

Holy shit, I've missed a lot. What is RZ?

I have GA tickets to the 2nd night in San Jose, but my buddy is less keen on camping out all day. What's the latest we could show up and still be relatively close to the band?

RZ is red zone.

What is close to the band? Isn't this a matter of perspective? Because if ask me, I'll say to show up at 7pm and walk right down to that arena floor and you're, in fact, close to the band. And I mean this most seriously.

I'm taking in my own rail. ;)

the way the stage is set up the first half of the campers will run for the main stage, the second half will run for the b stage, with a filling in of the shaft in between.

so late arrivals should be able to be pretty damn close to either main stage when they arrive. even those who walk on the floor minutes before the band takes the stage should easily get a spot in the middle of the floor.

if there are any bad spots on the floor with this layout, i can't see them.

the way the stage is set up the first half of the campers will run for the main stage, the second half will run for the b stage, with a filling in of the shaft in between.

so late arrivals should be able to be pretty damn close to either main stage when they arrive. even those who walk on the floor minutes before the band takes the stage should easily get a spot in the middle of the floor.

if there are any bad spots on the floor with this layout, i can't see them.

Hell yeah. All this info has pretty much reduced the waiting time I originally intended by about 4 hours...to maybe 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom