2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the uk site, if theres a seat for sale in a block it shows the whole block empty but it isnt, its just showing you were the seat is. Is this the same on the american site?

Because even if theres 1 seat empty in the block it will be highlighted

It ultimately just sucks because Ticketmaster is still responsible for most of this failure. Not all the tickets appearing at once...virtually no GAs being accessible when the site launched whereas the app supposedly worked...site crashing often...linking people to platinum tickets when there's still seats available in desired sections that you can put in...carting off a bunch of tickets to their own scalper sites (which is blatantly obvious on the map because why on earth would Ticketmaster want you to access their reseller tickets when there's still a TON of regular face value ones on sale?), etc.

Yes, U2's prices are absolutely bonkers to begin with, but there's clearly a bunch of available offerings for the average fan that have been swindled away thanks to Ticketmaster and scalpers. I got hosed on the last arena tour via the fan club thanks to Ticketmaster not wanting to open all the tickets to us...led me to paying for an expensive seat and basically a waste of money for the membership and then having no chance at GA for the later Oakland shows because that arena had its own back-door policy for most of those tickets. As intimate as the arena shows can be, I just wish it would go back to stadiums. It was so easy to just get your desired GA tickets with comparative ease.

Amsterdam,Stockholm, Berlin, Antwerp and Paris are shown as Sold Out on U2.com.

Gonna be interesting to see if they add more shows for Stockholm. My budget doesnt hold for 2 more GA tickets though, would have to go for a cheap seat 1 night and 1 GA for the last night then. If it's the case they add more in Stockholm.

Would have to take that whole week off as well from work!

On the uk site, if theres a seat for sale in a block it shows the whole block empty but it isnt, its just showing you were the seat is. Is this the same on the american site?

Because even if theres 1 seat empty in the block it will be highlighted

Ticketmaster's US site shows a venue map with each individual seat displayed as a small dot - gray if unavailable, blue if available. Each dot is a hyperlink that shows the section/row/seat and price when you rollover it. Click it to purchase.

So when the maps are enabled, you can see exactly which seats are available, and which are not. During peak times (like the first 60 minutes of a sale), TM disables the maps, purportedly to speed up the process.

What the fuck. Blatantly obvious now that Ticketmaster didn't even release certain tickets. I'm positive they're sitting on some GAs and especially rail tickets in the balconies for certain areas.

Looking at the map for San Jose, the small "front" areas of all the cheap seats have no tickets for resell...neither do a lot of the other top balcony areas. Nor have I ever even seen such rows come up for play. There's no doubt in my mind that part of the swindle is to have people freak out and pay higher prices (like when you click the GA area and it basically says "wanna be here? buy a platinum ticket!" which of course doesn't get you there). If you don't offer cheaper options, you can get the hardcore nuts on Day #1 to freak out and buy whatever's left. Then you sell the better tickets later for even higher. They'll blame it all on web screwups or whatever else, but the evidence is clear. Those seats basically were never made available (front of the cheap seats and certain balconies) because they'd rather hose someone for hundreds of dollars than let them walk away with a cheapo $40 ticket. Face it, who is more likely to buy those expensive tickets? The lifelong diehards or someone waddling in to the sale at the last minute? Makes sense to milk the big fans first and then try to get the casuals on something a little less pricey.

If fans had bought the cheapo rail tickets for this gig, then wouldn't it stand to reason that some would be linked via their Facebook account? But they're not.

Or that some would be up for resell? But they're not.

Plus, why would somebody pay for the worst section's rails at at least $150 plus if they were even made available for resell? There's still plenty of regular $300 tickets left and there's no doubt in my mind that nobody's interested in the cheap seats for that sort of money comparatively.

Update to my ticket cancellation debacle. I just checked the credit card for the account that had the presale order cancelled on it, and there are THREE different charges for tickets on it. What a clusterfuck.

More food for thought. It's pretty much a mathematical impossibility that half the tickets for the middle sections of the cheap seats are now up for resellers but hardly any for the cheap seat sections on either side of those middle areas. Scalpers would have had an even chance of landing on any of those six cheap nosebleed areas so why are they all centered in the best areas on each side of the venue? And friggin' HALF the tickets for both of the middle sections are available for the San Jose show that I'm looking at right now. There's no way that actual scalpers purchased at least half the tickets (the number could be way higher when you consider tickets no longer in play in those areas that could have been bought already via resell) for each of those middle sections and also got left with nothing on the sides. And people would have bought those middle sections first in the resell, so there shouldn't be more of them available right now than in the sections adjacent to those ones.

Literally, Ticketmaster swiped almost every $40 nosebleed it could and ushered them over to their own damn secondhand site.

Meanwhile, San Jose floors are still loaded with a bunch of $300 tickets for the Red Zone side of the stage. The amount had barely budged for hours now. This is a band that would sell out for Vertigo (pretty much all to actual fans) in 5-10 minutes in most markets, sometimes even sooner. They haven't suddenly fallen off a cliff...this is a scenario ultimately created by these high ticket prices and Ticketmaster's newfound schemes of going completely overboard in hoarding tickets for their own resell site.

So I purchased 2 GAs for 5/26, 2 for 5/27 and 2 for 5/30. All during the regular sale today. Am I good? Is the 4 ticket limit per individual show?

So I purchased 2 GAs for 5/26, 2 for 5/27 and 2 for 5/30. All during the regular sale today. Am I good? Is the 4 ticket limit per individual show?

Yes, it is per show, but only for today. Tomorrow that limit goes to 8 per show.

That is a very good job. Was it all by yourself?

Update to my ticket cancellation debacle. I just checked the credit card for the account that had the presale order cancelled on it, and there are THREE different charges for tickets on it. What a clusterfuck.

I guess that explains why 1 ticket was cancelled, but how were 3 even charged when the code only allows for 2 tickets?

This is just sickening:

Browse Official Platinum Seats
Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!

Learn More about Official Platinum Seats

They emphasize bragging rights, which is entirely what's wrong with concert going today. It's all about people shelling out huge amounts of money so they can post on Facebook and brag to everyone about where they are. The musical performance is secondary to the bragging. It's sad to see U2 grouped in with acts that do this THese tickets are $550 and $625 before fees and should have been included in the $280 tickets instead.

I guess that explains why 1 ticket was cancelled, but how were 3 even charged when the code only allows for 2 tickets?

Exactly. During the presale, it looks like one of those numerous timeouts resulted in a sale that neither showed up in "my Ticketmaster" or via email notification. Trying to rectify via phone now. However, after 15 minutes, the rep disconnected me and now I am back to square one. It is like a very bad sitcom comedy at this point.

Yes, it is per show, but only for today. Tomorrow that limit goes to 8 per show.

That is a very good job. Was it all by yourself?

Thank you for very much for clarifying that. Whew.

Yes I did 4 by phone order (2 separate phone orders) and 2 from the mobile app. Scored them at 10:15am and then 10:53am all by luck.

Exactly. During the presale, it looks like one of those numerous timeouts resulted in a sale that neither showed up in "my Ticketmaster" or via email notification. Trying to rectify via phone now. However, after 15 minutes, the rep disconnected me and now I am back to square one. It is like a very bad sitcom comedy at this point.

That is just insane. Well, at least it appears you can have your 2 tickets for that show once they work it out.

Now TM is just taunting me, showing on the Boston2 map that GAs are available. So I click on BUY - only to be told that "another fan beat you to 'em". OUCH! :doh:

(Joke's on me, as I'm sure they aren't really available now at all...)

So if we bought GAs on separate orders but the same credit card, will that be a problem at the gate?

Well, for San Jose fans, I just found what is likely the cheapest reseller and probably something that the arena itself has part ownership of...

There's a reseller at centersanjose.com....they have for example the cheap nosebleeds for $75 a piece. That's still a rip (hell, I threw away $80 nosebleeds earlier in better sections at the start of the onsale), but it doesn't look like there are any extra fees or anything. Ticketmaster is charging like $120-150 starting for those kind of tickets right now via their reseller so half that is a hell of a lot less in comparison. You also can pretty much upgrade a row or two by just going up a single dollar which is pretty much nothing. Hmmm. Also don't think there's any convenience fees, but we'll see.

Also, it's literally INSANE how many fucking tickets this site has...literally, couple that with Ticketmaster, Stub Hub and elsewhere and you'll see that virtually ENTIRE sections were swooped out from under the fans. Honestly, like every fucking seat and row is accounted for via these resellers.

Yep, this site makes it obvious that there was shady crap going on. They have hundreds of tickets in every area and are even selling lower level tickets for under the asking price over on TM. About a hundred bucks under, even, if they aren't charging fees.

There's no getting around it. I'm counting literally hundreds of tickets just from this one site alone. Hundreds in every single zone.

Also, it's literally INSANE how many fucking tickets this site has...literally, couple that with Ticketmaster, Stub Hub and elsewhere and you'll see that virtually ENTIRE sections were swooped out from under the fans. Honestly, like every fucking seat and row is accounted for via these resellers.

The Ticketmaster platinum seats is the most offensive situation and something you'd expect to the band to stand against at one point. They're more of a corporation now and have been for years.

For those who got LA GA, i'm assuming there's no difference between the 3 different types of GA that was available on the site.

Which night? I could only manage one ticket for the 23rd "behind the stage" got my GAs for the 22nd though.

23rd. Got the last non-single seat tickets, $300+ aside. I'm fairly certain these tickets were dropped though because I didn't see them earlier. I think I just got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom