2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drowningman, I was referring to the specific moment when the audience sees/hears Bono for the first time. If the band do nothing public before then it really will be dramatic.

And I agree opening nights are bumpy usually. They have to take a few shows to hit their stride. But considering what happened on the JT Tour's opening night, and the critical response afterward, we can't all be talking doom and gloom!

Drowningman, I was referring to the specific moment when the audience sees/hears Bono for the first time. If the band do nothing public before then it really will be dramatic.

And I agree opening nights are bumpy usually. They have to take a few shows to hit their stride. But considering what happened on the JT Tour's opening night, and the critical response afterward, we can't all be talking doom and gloom!

I know you were talking about that dramatic first 15-20 seconds when the band hits the stage and everyone is just going bonkers and screaming their heads off. I believe you'll get that moment regardless of any other bumps on opening night. :up:

I'm just a little ticked off that they decided to do 8 shows in NYC and completely skip other cities. Spread the wealth boys.

For those wondering about tour rehearsals, according to Noel Gallagher, they are already underway in France...

Tales From the Middle of Nowhere Vol 3: The Good, the Bad and the Bubbly...|Noel Gallagher

Christ, I feel like I need a drink. Good to hear Bono's both rehearsing AND is healthy enough to hop a plane on a whim to go back to Dublin and see Noel's show. Maybe now everyone can quit bickering about his recovery and concentrate on the fact that there's a tour in a couple months!!!

I've been saying he's fine for ages. God, it's almost too much fun. Gonna go ahead and call it now. Rehearsals at the Eze compound until April, then a move stateside. Willing to lay odds they do US promo. The talk show hosts will fall all over themselves trying to praise Bono's recovery while he is bouncing around in his leather and shades. As a result, the tour will be completely sold out and they will go ahead and confirm the 2016 stadium dates that we as the fanbase have been calling for months. There. Have at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Finally got around to listening to some of these, anyone know where/when the song they working on labeled as Girl from Foggy Albion? I assume the poster came up with that title himself.

Also, magnificent seems to be a live version they toyed with but I believe never tried.

The magnificent remix was played a few times to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do you know which shows- or what leg of the tour? I don't recall hearing the Des spoken intro

Can't name of top of my head sorry think it was played at some of the South American shows, Mexico springs to mind, not 100% if it's totally the same remix but it does feature tutu

Can't name of top of my head sorry think it was played at some of the South American shows, Mexico springs to mind, not 100% if it's totally the same remix but it does feature tutu

I think the Magnificent remix was played all the way up to Anaheim 1.

Can't name of top of my head sorry think it was played at some of the South American shows, Mexico springs to mind...

:wave:
North-America.jpg

did I miss this discussion already? twitter reports of the band rehearsing Red Hill Mining Town and Acrobat with an orchestra, in France

I think those reports were later confirmed as a hoax. But I'll bet they rehearsed IALW and Pride!!

London 6 is very close to being a sell out now , only two corners In the lower bowl have seats together. once there gone there will only be single tickets left , which is the same for all the other London shows

6th show please :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom