2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about GA for NY, I long ago realized that they would be impossible for me. But that's OK, I'm very short and don't want to spend the show straining to see over peoples' heads--which was fine with me during every show up to Vertigo but then I got sick of it. Even with a presale code I wouldn't have wanted GA. I'm talking about any seat at $100 or less. Esp those cursed "300 $" nosebleeds. Could I pay cash at a retail outlet for those? Do you think I'd have a chance?
This is what I'm going to talk to the folks at my chosen outlet tomorrow about, just to make sure of. In fact, I called the outlet on Sunday and the lady was very nice, but that was before Monday of course. It would be nice to find out asap.

I can't imagine the outlet wouldn't take cash for non-GA seats.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

How many codes did you get with the 360 tour? I think I've it posted somewhere but I cant find it anymore.

We got one code for the first two legs but it was good for 4 tickets. Then for the postponed leg we got another code again for 4 tickets.
There may have even been a 3rd code that could be used for the Australia and South American legs.

We got one code for the first two legs but it was good for 4 tickets. Then for the postponed leg we got another code again for 4 tickets.
There may have even been a 3rd code that could be used for the Australia and South American legs.

So we are already getting less, any ideas on why?

Nope doesn't look like it, e-mail with dates from u2.com today said "If you have already used your presale code, it is not valid for further use and cannot be used to purchase tickets in presales for these newly announced shows. "

Well that's dumb. I used mine to only buy one ticket, so I'm guessing I can use it to get one at this presale... But seriously annoying for those who used it up right away.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So these are the headlines in my news feed this morning. Not only are they scalpers, but they have coupon codes and marketing campaigns. WTF? Why is this OK?

CapitalCityTickets.com is Releasing Cheap Tickets for Boston, MA Concerts U2 Tickets for The Forum: Ticketability.com Slashes Prices on Tickets for U2 in Los Angeles, CA for Concerts on May 26, 27, 30 and 31 | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

Ticketability.com Slashes Prices on Tickets for U2 in Los Angeles, CA for Concerts
U2 at TD Garden Tickets: CapitalCityTickets.com is Releasing Cheap Tickets for Boston, MA Concerts on July 10th and 11th, 2015 - Press Release - Digital Journal

Thanks for that, Trojanchick. that's what the lady from TM told me on Sunday, but it was irrelevant as I didn't have the money then, but I will now. I'm still going to scout out my chosen location in person though. If the folks at the counter tell me that only a handful of people showed up Monday to buy for the first shows, I might be gold. Like I said, my chosen outlet is pretty obscure. It's funny, but the lady I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about how popular U2 were live. She told me, "We're brand new, not a lot of people even know about us yet, I don't think anyone will show up tomorrow" and I said, "Ma'am, you have no idea how quick these tix are going to go, don't be surprised if there are people here camping out." :lol:

This is shaping up to be *exactly* the situation I was hoping for since this debacle began a week ago....

Let's just hope that LN/TM don't have trolls in their offices who read fansites and realize that some people are planning to thwart their dastardly schemes in this fashion, and move to take ALL the cheap seats allotted to retail outlets out of the sale, like they did the online ones. Call me paranoid, but never underestimate them...:|

So these are the headlines in my news feed this morning. Not only are they scalpers, but they have coupon codes and marketing campaigns. WTF? Why is this OK?

CapitalCityTickets.com is Releasing Cheap Tickets for Boston, MA Concerts U2 Tickets for The Forum: Ticketability.com Slashes Prices on Tickets for U2 in Los Angeles, CA for Concerts on May 26, 27, 30 and 31 | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

Ticketability.com Slashes Prices on Tickets for U2 in Los Angeles, CA for Concerts
U2 at TD Garden Tickets: CapitalCityTickets.com is Releasing Cheap Tickets for Boston, MA Concerts on July 10th and 11th, 2015 - Press Release - Digital Journal

I saw this yesterday, checked it out, and then went forth to carve a swastika on every scalper's forehead.

Thanks for that, Trojanchick. that's what the lady from TM told me on Sunday, but it was irrelevant as I didn't have the money then, but I will now. I'm still going to scout out my chosen location in person though. If the folks at the counter tell me that only a handful of people showed up Monday to buy for the first shows, I might be gold. Like I said, my chosen outlet is pretty obscure. It's funny, but the lady I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about how popular U2 were live. She told me, "We're brand new, not a lot of people even know about us yet, I don't think anyone will show up tomorrow" and I said, "Ma'am, you have no idea how quick these tix are going to go, don't be surprised if there are people here camping out." :lol:

This is shaping up to be *exactly* the situation I was hoping for since this debacle began a week ago....

Let's just hope that LN/TM don't have trolls in their offices who read fansites and realize that some people are planning to thwart their dastardly schemes in this fashion, and move to take ALL the cheap seats allotted to retail outlets out of the sale, like they did the online ones. Call me paranoid, but never underestimate them...:|

The computers they use at retail outlets are provided BY Ticketmaster. The one at my grocery store literally had a TM barcode on the side of it. I seriously doubt they can or would block their own computers from selling seats since they exist solely for ticket sales. Why provide a product if it can't be used? Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

The computers they use at retail outlets are provided BY Ticketmaster. The one at my grocery store literally had a TM barcode on the side of it. I seriously doubt they can or would block their own computers from selling seats since they exist solely for ticket sales. Why provide a product if it can't be used? Just saying.

because then a person might actually see what demand is and then decide whether it is possible to get tickets on the resale market for less. being able to manipulate supply in the way they are for TO1 allows them to make people think there is demand and so they buy without realizing demand is soft and as people are unable to go, they will have to sell and/or brokers buying up tickets will have to sell to recover losses.

Does anyone know -- If my friend buy a U2 membership today, will he get a code or only for existing memberships? I figured, maybe someone bought a code recently since the first one went out and can shine a light on this.

my friend bought a membership saturday morning,sadly now suitable tickets available anymore. she waited and now two shows are added here in the netherlands and she got a presale code and tomorrow she can buy tickets in the presale for the new amsterdam shows. so i think yes if you buy a membership today you can buy tickets

Sounds good.

Also, I think when there are less than 100 single seats just floating around the arena, live nation, U2, the venue itself just "buys" them so they can get the sold out. They do it in sports all the time when a team has been sold out for like 10 years straight, but still empty seats... it's just a marketing tool at some point.

My red sox as example -- http://deadspin.com/red-soxs-sellout-streak-ends-472510787

Sounds good.

Also, I think when there are less than 100 single seats just floating around the arena, live nation, U2, the venue itself just "buys" them so they can get the sold out. They do it in sports all the time when a team has been sold out for like 10 years straight, but still empty seats... it's just a marketing tool at some point.

Yep. Was pulling single seats in the 200s on the TM app for Chicago 1 and 2 for a good while ($220 a seat) but we need 3 cheap seats lol. We've got Chi2 and wanted to do Chi1 as well. Wish we'd been able to just buy both sets at once...damn not having the funds up front!

Does anyone know -- If my friend buy a U2 membership today, will he get a code or only for existing memberships? I figured, maybe someone bought a code recently since the first one went out and can shine a light on this.

Yes they will get an Innocence code.

Yep. Was pulling single seats in the 200s on the TM app for Chicago 1 and 2 for a good while ($220 a seat) but we need 3 cheap seats lol. We've got Chi2 and wanted to do Chi1 as well. Wish we'd been able to just buy both sets at once...damn not having the funds up front!

Hey CK - check your PM... :hmm:

Quoted directly from U2.com FAQ:

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Experience Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Innocence Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Sounds good.

My red sox as example -- Red Sox's "Sellout" "Streak" "Ends"

not anymore for toronto maple leafs games. being able to buy tickets for games, single ones, used to be impossible. even when they sucked more than they suck now. check TM for tonights calgary games.

huge ROWS of empty seats. and at the last game i went to, that same empty row in 318 sat EMPTY until the guys from the SRO got wise.

here, you might be right but i think TM is manipulating things on certain shows and/or perhaps you are right. they are just buying up TO1 and TO2....

Ticketmaster helps set the prices, they want to sell them all for as much as possible. But no, I don't think they are doing all these crazy tricks. They are just a company selling a product and they want to sell out of that product.

They don't have time for the hassle -- they have like 10,000 events on the site right now. You think they are focused on U2, let alone a few Toronto gigs? Just not the case. They might be evil assholes to most of us, but if it wasn't them, some other assholes would be the evil assholes that we hate. It's like the cable company. NO ONE likes their cable company. Or their car rental company. It's just the way life is.

And there's a good chance that the venue itself is also dedicating pricing too. It might be the city. Maybe they need to pay to keep the cops awake. Tons of stuff goes into it that none of us give 2 thoughts about or should.

Quoted directly from U2.com FAQ:

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Experience Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Innocence Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Now, I'm the one being the asshole who can't look up stuff. Thanks for my laziness.

Ticketmaster helps set the prices, they want to sell them all for as much as possible. But no, I don't think they are doing all these crazy tricks. They are just a company selling a product and they want to sell out of that product.

They don't have time for the hassle -- they have like 10,000 events on the site right now. You think they are focused on U2, let alone a few Toronto gigs? Just not the case. They might be evil assholes to most of us, but if it wasn't them, some other assholes would be the evil assholes that we hate. It's like the cable company. NO ONE likes their cable company. Or their car rental company. It's just the way life is.

And there's a good chance that the venue itself is also dedicating pricing too. It might be the city. Maybe they need to pay to keep the cops awake. Tons of stuff goes into it that none of us give 2 thoughts about or should.

There's nothing crazy about TM shunting tickets over to Stub Hub. It's evil and immoral, but it's something that they do. They're fucking assholes, worse than scalpers.

There is so much tin foil hat wearing in this thread, it cracks me up.

Every "hot" show has scalpers.
Of course they will snap up cheaper seats, cause that is what EVERYONE (fans included) wanted.
Most fans I know that bought seats did NOT buy the top tier ones, so more fans got the cheap seats than you think.
U2 certainly seemed to price themselves a bit high on the top end, but they will get sold. $275 is cheap for a "scalper" seat, so people will pay it in the end.

People forget that there are folks that can afford the $300+ seats that haven't even looked for tickets yet. Shocking I know, but they have their priorities set differently.

i never underestimate the sophisticated tactics that an operation like TM will employ with its control over distribution of tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom