2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents worth

Wow, your making me feel old & Ancient......enjoys the shows, maybe I'll get into them again when I begin to hear the "Live" stuff, they also had away of making the shows sound much better & Bigger than the Albums

I have a been a fan of the Band since the very beginning in 1978/1979 & I have gone to all the tours from the beginning up to the 360 Tour. This lateset Album to me is a total disappointment from the moment I listened to it. I think that most of the songs on the new Album are worthy of no more than just being B-sides or left overs from years of hanging around, but to wait for 5 years for a new Album & get this, is totally disapointing. With this Band aging like they are & Bono's health status for now & in the future, I really think the Band should end it, all they are doing now is Milking the Fans for what they can & giving you guys no more than a 2 hr show TOPS. The prices are really off the wall, but I knew that would happen when MGT changed hands, I am skipping this Leg altogether & wait until 2016 to MAYBE catch them, but I have a feeling that this Tour could wind up like "Flopmart". For those of you that never saw the Band Live from 1981 thru 1992, you really lost out on a Band that rocked the House each & every night.

Why do so many people complain about the pricing and blame it on the management?

The prices are EXACTLY the same as last tour... And nobody was complaining then because for an act as huge as U2 they're pretty goddamn decent. GA for 60-70 euros? For Lady Gaga or Madonna they START at 100! And seats are even more expensive. A seat for 30 euros? U2 are the only huge ass band I know that have those. So why do people now suddenly perceive them as expensive? :scratch: I don't get it!

I wanted to get my mum Barbra Streisand tickets for her birthday, same venue as U2 is in now... prices started at 150 euros each. No thanks. :crack:

Anyone having any luck with Barcelona?

Shambles of a website.
Crashed twice when trying to buy tickets and the link to buy tickets no longer appears for some bizarre reason in any browser.

A complete waste of time ,as I expected.

I think they have pulled the tickets offline as the ticket link now says coming soon.

The gerbil on the wheel powering their server probably passed out from the load.

This gerbil?

img_left_gerbil.jpg

So crap. I got through to purchase tickets twice, and it booted me out after entering in all my details. What a joke, I don't think I'm meant to see a show on this tour and should just wait till they come to Australia :lol:

So crap. I got through to purchase tickets twice, and it booted me out after entering in all my details. What a joke, I don't think I'm meant to see a show on this tour and should just wait till they come to Australia :lol:

Try for Stockholm on monday! :wink:

It still says coming soon for the Barcelona gigs on the Ticketmaster.es site,what is going on ?

U2.com saying both concerns in Toronto are sold out but packages available is total bullshit and completely disingenuous. neither are sold out. and i think, not by a long shot.

U2.com saying both concerns in Toronto are sold out but packages available is total bullshit and completely disingenuous. neither are sold out. and i think, not by a long shot.

I think when they get to a certain point they can class them as sold out. Like livenation did for the london gigs( all though they are all sold now)

They only have to sell so many to warrant another gig

Is there a way to search only for GA? For the last tours I was able to select "GA FLOOR SEATING" and search on that alone. Now I can only select "floor seating" and select a price. Everytime I search I get 100 level seats which counts as floor seats. I try and select floor seating + 89 price to filter out only GA's and I still get seats popping up.

Anyone else have the same problem? What am I doing wrong?

I think when they get to a certain point they can class them as sold out. Like livenation did for the london gigs( all though they are all sold now)

They only have to sell so many to warrant another gig

i see. but what i am saying, is the sell out status has been manipulated IMO. who bought all those empty seats after 4pm Eastern is any ones guess to give it an "artificial" sell out.

I don't even remember the last time I bought tickets at an outlet. Actually I use to run the TM outlet quite a few (cough! 25! cough!) years ago when I worked for Music Plus (records, videos, etc) here in SoCal...Anyway, you peaked my curiosity. I wondered if there was still a TM outlet near me and after checking TM's website low and behold most Walmarts (at least by me) have an outlet, and those are flippin' everywhere! Nobody near me is a U2 fan - I am 100% certain that I would have been the only person in line for U2 tickets this morning at my local Walmart. :|

I've had to go to an outlet last year for last minute Pearl Jam tickets, near me it's at a Mexican department store called La Curaçao. I totally got flashbacks and awesome seats.

Clayton's Kitten--

One thing though. I want to actually know what you said to the counter folks right before the sale, did you tell them to search by price or by location. And for the folks going to NY--would it be possible to pay cash for this, since non-GA is not cc only there? Or would they make you pay credit even at retail?

Sorry for nerves/hysterics like a teen...

Since GA is cc entry, you can't purchase from an outlet. Someone asked at an outlet yesterday.

I have a been a fan of the Band since the very beginning in 1978/1979 & I have gone to all the tours from the beginning up to the 360 Tour. This lateset Album to me is a total disappointment from the moment I listened to it. I think that most of the songs on the new Album are worthy of no more than just being B-sides or left overs from years of hanging around, but to wait for 5 years for a new Album & get this, is totally disapointing. With this Band aging like they are & Bono's health status for now & in the future, I really think the Band should end it, all they are doing now is Milking the Fans for what they can & giving you guys no more than a 2 hr show TOPS. The prices are really off the wall, but I knew that would happen when MGT changed hands, I am skipping this Leg altogether & wait until 2016 to MAYBE catch them, but I have a feeling that this Tour could wind up like "Flopmart". For those of you that never saw the Band Live from 1981 thru 1992, you really lost out on a Band that rocked the House each & every night.

You know what, I've seen them on Elevation, Vertigo and 360. Hands down the best show for me was on 360. They were on fire at Anaheim. Also, I love this album and can't wait to see how it translates live. Don't feel bad for us 'younger' folks. Thanks for skipping and making more tickets available for people who want them. Price wise, the GAs I bought were cheaper than Foo Fighters, and the same price as Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkeys. They were $12 cheaper than The Black Keys. To me that's fair. Are there too many seats priced at $300, based on sales yes. But their tickets can't stay the same price for 30 years.

Is there a way to search only for GA? For the last tours I was able to select "GA FLOOR SEATING" and search on that alone. Now I can only select "floor seating" and select a price. Everytime I search I get 100 level seats which counts as floor seats. I try and select floor seating + 89 price to filter out only GA's and I still get seats popping up.

Anyone else have the same problem? What am I doing wrong?

For the Forum, they had two Floor options. GA Standing and General Admission Floor - No Ticketfast. I was able to pull GAs using the 2nd option. Now it seems each arena is set up different, so that may not apply to you. Also, if you are using the website, regardless of what you pick, if it can't find those it will pull other available tickets.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Glancing at Chicago 1, seems those upper seats have evened out somewhere between $100-$190? I'm still amazed Mrs. Clayton got them for $30...o.o way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

OnlineCityTickets has seats in the section right next to my night 2 seats for $75 ea for night 1 -- not biting yet, waiting until after the new shows go on sale. Bet scalpers lower quite a bit with 16 additional dates added in.

I don't even remember the last time I bought tickets at an outlet. Actually I use to run the TM outlet quite a few (cough! 25! cough!) years ago when I worked for Music Plus (records, videos, etc) here in SoCal...Anyway, you peaked my curiosity. I wondered if there was still a TM outlet near me and after checking TM's website low and behold most Walmarts (at least by me) have an outlet, and those are flippin' everywhere! Nobody near me is a U2 fan - I am 100% certain that I would have been the only person in line for U2 tickets this morning at my local Walmart. :|

We go to a local Giant Eagle grocery store that is around a half hour or so from us. Bought 360 E Lansing and Pittsburgh there, we were only ones for MI, and 3rd in line for PA. We've also bought Brad Paisley tix there for two separate tours with no wait times.

Clayton's Kitten--

Well, now that you've confirmed that this method of buying is still possible, I'm on this one starting Sunday afternoon. No doubt of my being the first in line! Given yesterday, I'll HAVE to be, or else! Making up an "official" excuse to be late to work (say, a long line at a doctor's appointment:hmm:,)... got my little-known TM outlet picked out, going over there on Wednesday to have a chat and find out how they did the sale yest. morning...the TM is brand new--less than a month old- so little known; -and open 24 hrs, so I can camp out for a LONG time indoors:hyper:..I'll line up someone to bring me a care package...don't laugh please!

One thing though. I want to actually know what you said to the counter folks right before the sale, did you tell them to search by price or by location. And for the folks going to NY--would it be possible to pay cash for this, since non-GA is not cc only there? Or would they make you pay credit even at retail?

Sorry for nerves/hysterics like a teen...

I had the cashier bring up date/location of show first and then price point (was aiming for cheap seats from the start). Used hubby's debit card with no issue. However, GA isn't an option at retail from what I'm hearing, as they're paperless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Are we going to get a new presale code?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nope doesn't look like it, e-mail with dates from u2.com today said "If you have already used your presale code, it is not valid for further use and cannot be used to purchase tickets in presales for these newly announced shows. "

I'm not talking about GA for NY, I long ago realized that they would be impossible for me. But that's OK, I'm very short and don't want to spend the show straining to see over peoples' heads--which was fine with me during every show up to Vertigo but then I got sick of it. Even with a presale code I wouldn't have wanted GA. I'm talking about any seat at $100 or less. Esp those cursed "300 $" nosebleeds. Could I pay cash at a retail outlet for those? Do you think I'd have a chance?
This is what I'm going to talk to the folks at my chosen outlet tomorrow about, just to make sure of. In fact, I called the outlet on Sunday and the lady was very nice, but that was before Monday of course. It would be nice to find out asap.

I'm not talking about GA for NY, I long ago realized that they would be impossible for me. But that's OK, I'm very short and don't want to spend the show straining to see over peoples' heads--which was fine with me during every show up to Vertigo but then I got sick of it. Even with a presale code I wouldn't have wanted GA. I'm talking about any seat at $100 or less. Esp those cursed "300 $" nosebleeds. Could I pay cash at a retail outlet for those?

This is what I'm going to talk to the folks at my chosen outlet tomorrow just to make sure of. In fact, I called the outlet on Sunday and the lady was very nice, but that was before Monday of course. It would be nice to find out asap.

I dont see it being a problem. I used our debit card simply for convenience but could have easily paid cash. Unless I am mistaken, the only paperless tickets are the GA ones. (Someone here can clarify if I'm mistaken!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom