2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticketmaster.com was an absolute joke this morning on the presale.

The site crashed repeatedly and kicked me out on dozens of pairs of tickets at different points in the transaction. TM makes Healthcare.gov look like an e-commerce genius.

Finally got tix thru using the TM App. 2 subscriptions got me 2 seats for the Saturday night MSG show and 2 GA for the Thursday night MSG show.

I'll never use TM.com again.

Good luck to everyone in the general on sale. You'll need a miracle.

and i just got 1 GA for Boston 1.

USE THE MOBILE SITE. BUY ONE TICKET AT A TIME.

Here is a very helpful tip for securing GA tickets. A brief explanation might help.

The system uses a numbering system for all the GA tickets. Each one is it's own unique "ticket." When you enter in that you want 2 GA tickets, it is going to act just like a Reserved request would, and looks for 2 Consecutive numbered GA tickets.

Now, there may initially be 2,000 GA tickets available, but when the system starts allocating the tickets to buyers, it inevitably leaves single GA's out there as available, but if you request 2 at a time, it won't pull up those singles.

Unfortunately while this might increase your chance to get a GA ticket, there is no guarantee that by the time you finish an order for a single, that there will still be more singles in the system for you to go and do another order for.

But if you are set on GA's, and the system tells you there are no pairs available, it is worth a shot since I've been able to get tickets that way on numerous occasions.

Streets is something they will always play right? No matter what evening you go, because thats something I REALLY want to see:)!
Yes but on one night they'll act all innocent when they play it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Great, well I hope a little bit that I will be there the other night, going for second evening Amsterdam tickets tomorrow!

Edit: I've read that they may do one accoustic night and a normal night. Is there a way to know which is the normal night?

For me I'm a hard ticket collector. I don't even like paper print out tickets. Plus what if something happens to the credit card you used between now and May? That's a long time and it could create a hassle. I'd just rather have a hard ticket in my hand.

I agree Sicy - I have all of my tickets from every show in hard plastic cases displayed...days gone by I guess.

Realistically: how hard is it going to be to get 2 GA tickets to Vancouver opening night during the presale tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha

Night one they play it Innocent
Night two they play it with Experience because they played it the night before

wouldn't you be just as worried of something happening to your tickets as your credit card?

No. I have a spot where I always keep my tickets. Someone could get a hold of my cc number and I'd have to get a new cc. Then what.

Yup. That's what people don't realize -- TicketMaster has their own secondary market, and they want to keep it in-house, and not let StubHub or other secondary sites get ahold of tickets.

It looks like there is a Transfer option as well. Might be helpful for those that don't have their own CC and/or have to use someone else's. I've never used it, so can't speak to exactly how it works. If you search for 'Transfer Tickets' in their help section it gives some info.

It looks like there is a Transfer option as well. Might be helpful for those that don't have their own CC and/or have to use someone else's. I've never used it, so can't speak to exactly how it works. If you search for 'Transfer Tickets' in their help section it gives some info.

But can you actually transfer them? I had Pearl Jam tickets that were the same way - you could click the button, but it wasn't really an option.

I'll be very surprised if the paperless GA can be transferred, even through TM.

Soooo you can sell paperless tickets through Ticketmaster. It's their way of a) preventing scalpers, and b) keeping the second hand market to themselves

It sucks for places like this who do legitimate trading and selling of tickets for face value as a fantastic service for real fans... but I guess there's a negative side to everything.

So...wait...you can sell these GAs, but only through TM and they'll still be able to mark up?

What venue had paperless option only? I bought 2 NYC GA shows and physical tickets are being mailed to be via standard mail (like I've done last few tours).

Oh by the way, do I need a ticketmaster account beforehand or can you check out without one?

It's easier if you have one beforehand. Makes the checkout easier, instead of filling in all that info right then and there when you're high on adrenaline.

Has anyone bought RZ tix for Toronto using the Ticketmaster app? And if so, what option did you click? It's not clear to me? Thanks in advance...

I agree Sicy - I have all of my tickets from every show in hard plastic cases displayed...days gone by I guess.

Interesting. I keep mine in scrapbooks. Can I see a picture of these cases?

I scrapbook my stubs, too, yo.

Some of my older stubs (cant find mine from my first show almost exactly 30 years ago today 12/5/1984)

2p3CiOq.jpg

Tv8zLRk.jpg

wfAquMI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom