2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA ticket to Chicago 2 secured. Will probably hold off on the other presale code until other shows announced!

I got 2 GAs for Chicago 6/25 with my friend's code and TM login. She got timed out every time after selecting the tickets. I got to the BUY link once on an iPad but then it timed out with a nasty server error and the iPad couldn't refresh TM (even the home page) after that, so I kept trying on my computer and finally got through.

You guys need to have a Ticketmaster account (with all of your personal and credit card info) created and logged into BEFORE you start searching for tickets. It seems like a lot of people who are getting errors are trying to enter everything during the transaction. Just get it all out of the way prior to starting. :up:

Ugh, that was anxiety inducing! Tried multiple times on multiple browsers/computer/iPhone and finally got TM to accept my presale code, load right, and give me seat options. Got 300 level seats for Chicago 1 (same price as GA). I couldn't try to pull any of the cheaper $30 seats though? Maybe those are general sale only? Going to try for those for Chicago 2 on Monday.

You guys need to have a Ticketmaster account (with all of your personal and credit card info) created and logged into BEFORE you start searching for tickets. It seems like a lot of people who are getting errors are trying to enter everything during the transaction. Just get it all out of the way prior to starting. :up:

Had all that well in advance, and that didn't stop the snafus.

If you see the Transfer button on your confirm email, and you can't yet Transfer, I think that logically means that it's because there is a delay (as noted on the email) in ticket delivery. Once that delay is lifted, you may have the ability to Transfer. Maybe.

Yeah, that's why I bought at least one today anyway. If other dates come out more to my liking, then I could have that one as a means to trade, if necessary. If not, then at least I'm guaranteed a show.

I suppose we'll have to see if the first or second night's set list is the 'better' or 'worse' one too! :lol:

Yep, that's what happened to me for Toronto 2

Did anyone answer my "what are $40 lower floors" question?

Also...can we have a roll call of venues that are hard ticket GAs vs CC-only GAs?

that is odd...on the TM site for Toronto, says ...now since i dont have a code, i can not help you but i assume this means GA is CC only at Toronto.
RESERVED FLOOR SEATING
CA $46.50 - CA $298.50
CA $46.50 (CA $30.00 Ticket + CA $16.50 Fees)
CA $298.50 (CA $275.00 Ticket + CA $23.50 Fees)

Had all that well in advance, and that didn't stop the snafus.

I didn't say by doing that you wouldn't still get problems, but I have seen people mention they had trouble getting Ticketmaster to accept their info after they pulled up tickets. So in some cases it may help.

that is odd...on the TM site for Toronto, says ...now since i dont have a code, i can not help you but i assume this means GA is CC only at Toronto.
RESERVED FLOOR SEATING
CA $46.50 - CA $298.50
CA $46.50 (CA $30.00 Ticket + CA $16.50 Fees)
CA $298.50 (CA $275.00 Ticket + CA $23.50 Fees)

GA is definitely CC only, which really sucks. But I digress

See this is the thing, I don't get what a $30 GA vs a $65 GA is. I can't imagine that actual GAs were available for $30 so I didn't select that, as I didn't want to waste time. $275 seemed pretty obvious to me to be Red Zone, no?

$275 seemed pretty obvious to me to be Red Zone, no?

No. $275 would be for all the lowers not considered rear stage. Red Zone is more, $350 in Boston, someone earlier posted thay paid $392 each CAD for Red Zone in Toronto.

In general the $30 seats are end balconies, so I doubt there were $30 GA's.

When I got my tickets almost 7 hrs ago there was an "option" to buy tickets called something like "PREMIUM VIP SPARKLY BONO-DRIVES-YOU-TO-THE-GIG" tickets for £486 - $763 :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

So is Ticketmaster and Live Nation the same thing now? There are two separate apps.

No. $275 would be for all the lowers not considered rear stage. Red Zone is more, $350 in Boston, someone earlier posted thay paid $392 each CAD for Red Zone in Toronto.

Lower bowls in Montreal were $305 BEFORE services fees and taxes. Kinda lame if simple lower bowl seats are basically the same as Red Zone tickets.

There was a $275 in the RESERVED FLOORS category. That's different from the LOWER BOWL category, at least in Toronto..

It's really hard to tell because the interactive map crashed for most everyone and you had to basically guess what GA was..nothing said "GA" beside the price. Really really stupid

Got MSG1 tickets just now.

What a nut show. I started trying at on ticketmaster at 10EST on the dot. Got a "You've got 4 minutes wait time." That passed. Another 60 seconds of spinny wheel. Then, "there was an error, try again later." Tried again. "11 mintues wait time." That goes. Spinny wheel again. I let it go for another hour with no result... which obvs ends up being the wrong move. Open another window, call friend with smartphone to try on the app. While he is dl-ing the app, I try multiple times. I see GA tickets. There is a button that says "buy." I click furiously, but the page never advances and the 2 minute timer runs out. Try again twice. Finally advance past "buy." "Proceed to checkout." "Sorry, there has been an error, try again." Twice more. Finally able to advance all the way.

Yes, the moral of the story is use the app!

And GAs are still available

Stupid question - but how the hell do you sign in to the Ticketmaster app ahead of buying. I can't find anywhere on it where it has "sign in" and I'd hate to wait until I purchase to sign in....am I just not seeing it?

GA is definitely CC only, which really sucks. But I digress

See this is the thing, I don't get what a $30 GA vs a $65 GA is. I can't imagine that actual GAs were available for $30 so I didn't select that, as I didn't want to waste time. $275 seemed pretty obvious to me to be Red Zone, no?

thanks and i agree....

i was at the segregated GA area at the black keys concert that was CC only. did not seem too bad. now had i not been able to go, not sure what i would have done then. to bad pre-paid CC's are sold like candy in Canada....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom