2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My code still works with ticketone for Turin. I booked with eventim for Berlin. I wonder how/if different countries ticket vendors are linked?

Apparently I shouldn't be sitting where I am sitting if I am scared of heights! I am a little scared but because they were the most expensive I assume the better view will be worth the fear.

Apparently I shouldn't be sitting where I am sitting if I am scared of heights! I am a little scared but because they were the most expensive I assume the better view will be worth the fear.

Yeah, I decided against high up cos it specifically warned people not to choose those seats if you suffer from vertigo. Insert joke here :D

This is what it looked like inside Globe Arena in Stockholm when Metallica played there, they had a "360" stage, a rectangular stage in the middle of the arena.

http://www.heleneaberg.se/blogg/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/metallica.jpg
http://jessicahoglund.bloggsida.se/files/2009/04/p1010814.jpg

One of the very few available pics of U2 there. http://u2.se/images/art/konsert/miami01/u2filter_big.jpg

So the peeps attending in Stockholm have an idea how it looks. The GA area is very small.

http://i.imgur.com/XYua7T0.jpg Compared to Ullevi, it looks like the GA in Globe arena fits inside the circle that 360 stage had.

I know its not a big deal to a lot of people but it will be sad not to have a ticket stub as a souvenir anymore.

I feel the same. I have hundreds of stubs(all bands not just U2), keep them in photo albums along with other keepsakes like wristbands, guitar picks etc. Have never bought the "print at home" pdf version of tickets, will just will call them if I get something last minute. When I went to a Van Halen show with a friend who had bought the tix (almost always its me doing the buying) and he had done the pdf paper tickets I was bummed. I assume for GA we'll get wristbands so there'll be some kind of souvenir I guess.

I feel the same. I have hundreds of stubs(all bands not just U2), keep them in photo albums along with other keepsakes like wristbands, guitar picks etc. Have never bought the "print at home" pdf version of tickets, will just will call them if I get something last minute. When I went to a Van Halen show with a friend who had bought the tix (almost always its me doing the buying) and he had done the pdf paper tickets I was bummed. I assume for GA we'll get wristbands so there'll be some kind of souvenir I guess.

yup. my led zeppelin ticket from the 02 concert is perhaps one of my most prized possessions....

perhaps bands should do up a stub for each tour? like art? i know that having venue, time etc. is kind of important, but i think something is better than nothing. i mean, my ticket is magnetic....:doh:

Did Metallica not have any fans on the floor?

Ignore me , ive worked the stage out now, there wasnt much GA was there

I have never experienced U2 in an indoor setting only been to the big stadium gigs. Last time they played indoors in Sweden was in 2001 and those tickets were impossible to get by. 1997, 2005, 2009 were all big stadium gigs.

I REALLY got what i wanted, i didnt expect to get GA tickets this easy for both gigs in Stockholm. I am so stoked to see what its gonna like seeing U2 in a smaller indoor venue!

you will love it - nothing like a stadium gig at all! my best U2 concerts have been arenas, am so looking forward to this it's unreal :hyper:

Did you buy them all with the same pre sale code?

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

God Part III, how did you buy them?

Did anyone buy more than 2 tickets, with the same code and billing information?

No, separate ones, using my dad's name and address for the Berlin ones...

London 4 with my own U2.com experience account, Berlin 1 with a newly-made innocence account :)

Starts at noon, no?

That's what I thought, but Ticketmaster says 10AM

"Click To See U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Package Onsale Times

Have a U2.com subscription? Great! Here are the times you can purchase tickets. Thurs. 12/04 10AM - eXPERIENCE GROUP. Fri, 12/05 10AM – iNNOCENCE GROUP"

D'OH! Thanks guys. Helps if I read the FAQ... Heart attack on hold now for 2 more hours...

From U2.COM

"Friday, Dec 5 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe) - pre-sales open for iNNOCENCE Group (recent/new subscribers)"

Where do you see that? For my show, the On Sale Times says this

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM CST
Fan Club Bundles

Start: Fri, 12/05/14 03:00 PM CST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 12:00 PM CST
VIP Packages

VIP Package Onsale

End: Thu, 06/11/15 10:00 PM CDT
U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages

Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM CST

Where do you see that? For my show, the On Sale Times says this

Onsale to General Public

Fan Club Bundles

VIP Packages

VIP Package Onsale

End: Thu, 06/11/15 10:00 PM CDT
U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages

Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM CST

If I'm interpreting correctly, it lists The u2.com subscriber sales starting yesterday, doesn't mention the second tier which starts today at Noon EST (11 CST) bacuase in theory the U2.com presale is still ongoing, anyone with an expeirence code they haven't used could use one now if they want.

Then at 3PM the VIP packages and fan club bundles go on sale, which is actually a good thing, gives us innocence folks a few hours jump on people who are buying the bundles today.

I'm not sure if this was already asked, but on the last tours when they've announced extra shows, were there pre-sales, or were they just thrown into the general on-sale fray? I want to say they were just thrown right into the general on-sale on the day of, but not 100%.

If I'm interpreting correctly, it lists The u2.com subscriber sales starting yesterday, doesn't mention the second tier which starts today at Noon EST (11 CST) bacuase in theory the U2.com presale is still ongoing, anyone with an expeirence code they haven't used could use one now if they want.

Then at 3PM the VIP packages and fan club bundles go on sale, which is actually a good thing, gives us innocence folks a few hours jump on people who are buying the bundles today.

Yes, that is how I interpret it. The annoying thing for us today is we don't get that nerve-wracking countdown on the TM site!

I'm not sure if this was already asked, but on the last tours when they've announced extra shows, were there pre-sales, or were they just thrown into the general on-sale fray? I want to say they were just thrown right into the general on-sale on the day of, but not 100%.

I think there have been both circumstances. I think 360 did advance notice and presales, but Vertigo just rolled the shows over if memory serves. I am anticipating roll over on sales Monday. We shall see.

Yes, that is how I interpret it. The annoying thing for us today is we don't get that nerve-wracking countdown on the TM site!

Don't worry, I am positive TM will find another way to get on your nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom