May 23rd, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ, US Airways Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
02 - Vertigo (snippet) / Out of Control

not a snippet

happy they played it and happier so many people flew/drove in for the shows. it was great to see all the familiar faces.

The Meercat segments during the live show is a lot of fun to watch in person. This definitely is something other bands should emulate for their big shows.
I love the messages up on the big screen from other fans watching the show online.

Not sure how experiences in other sections were but the crowd around my row were really into the show - probably more so than previous tours I've seen shows on - were singing and dancing along to everything.

Was in a higher up row in 123 which allowed for a great side view of the main stage and then perfect angles to view the screen images and catwalk.

Show and energy were great. I had listened to the second half of the first PHX night on Sil's stream and I would say that the energy was matched for sure.

My only comment was I'm not sure if the intermission arrangement is really working - a lot of people in my area left for restroom/food runs after UTEOtW and were racing to get back as the band played Invisible.

In any case it was a great night for sure!

Awesome show and very energetic, loud crowd. Got to meet and catch up with some very cool people!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Photos

A few photos from Section 122.

Attachments

• Adam.jpg
    Adam.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Bono turned.jpg
    Bono turned.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 21
  • on stage zoom.jpg
    on stage zoom.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
So what was the story with Phoenix 2? Bono was making some comments about/to the crowd towards the end - some comments on U2gigs.com was that the crowd was not into it. Hard to tell on the videos. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So what was the story with Phoenix 2? Bono was making some comments about/to the crowd towards the end - some comments on U2gigs.com was that the crowd was not into it. Hard to tell on the videos. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I was there, haven't seen any videos, but my impression during One was that Bono was really loving how the crowd was singing so loudly back to them that perhaps he was a bit choked up and couldn't sing the last few notes, turned to Edge and said "I can't sing..." (In retrospect maybe his voice was getting dry from our delightfully dry air here in AZ)

But I can't imagine he was disappointed with the crowd. It was pretty great. Phoenix 1 went to 11, but 2 was great.

His voice wasn't as good as Night 1 and I think it kind of went out during One. But he was giving major props to the crowd.

The band was ecstatic with the response for the new songs.

Only time crowd seemed puzzled was during Miracle Drug. I'm sorry but that isn't an encore song.

I have never seen so many U2 shirts at a U2 show before than I did at both Phoenix shows. All eras, many shirts I hadn't seen in years, or at all. Loved it.

Back
Top Bottom