May 19th, 2015 San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My very first U2 concert, and thus my first time doing GA. I think I did pretty well for myself :)

NEAoVvM.jpg

And for some thoughts:

1. GA went super smooth. The wrist bands definitely work.

2.. The new material worked stupidly well. It felt like a musical.

3. Invisible was easily my favorite act. That screen was too damn cool.

4. Larry dropped a stick during Invisible, and I'm almost sure we had a moment when he came from picking it up.

5. Don't worry Bono, I also get confused on what part of EBW I'm on.

6. All the stuff on the B-stage was just plain fun. Good call by other Interference members, or I would have been on the main.

7. I really didn't have a problem with the length or the setlist. Maybe would have exchanged California for Desire. Not a fan of that arrangement.

8. Very cool to throw Bad in there.

Initial thoughts from last night, I sat row 6 on the 2nd deck in the middle but closer to the e stage:
1. Wow the band is playing with a lot of energy, the opening 4 was rocking the house!
2. Electric Co.!!!
3.Bad!!! - what a moving performance of this song
4. New songs sounded great and were well received
5. The speakers were right at the level of our seats, this was the loudest U2 show I have ever seen. As loud as AC/DC in the early 80's!
6. Bono was too loud in the mix and sounded muddy, Edge's vocals not loud enough. This got somewhat better as the show progressed. The mix was bass heavy, making Adam and Larry sound killer
7. I am concerned about Bono's voice holding up on this tour. He sounded great when he was belting it out but sounded hoarse whenever he had to back off and sing at a lower volume and when speaking.
8. The screen/stage was amazing
9. Sweetest thing!
10. All in all, a very good performance for so early in the tour. I wonder how many interference people where there? It seemed that half the arena got excited and started making noise as soon as the first Ramones song came on the PA, I wouldn't expect casual fans to be aware of what songs are played before they come onstage.

11330033_675358559274235_1413171111062471831_n.jpg

nice pictures
did they look like little ants from up there?

i have 200 level seats for friday/saturday. row 2 and 3 for each night

nice pictures
did they look like little ants from up there?

i have 200 level seats for friday/saturday. row 2 and 3 for each night

No, the view was great. In fact, I was as close as you could get to the back of the stage at 360 on Oakland, and I was 3 times further away there!
2nd deck works well for the amazing video screen view, too

Bono gives it a little push on I Will Follow, after which it rises up into the rafters, but other than that, there's no mention of it and it just sits there.

I was at both SJ shows (B-stage 10th row for SJ1, south side GA for SJ2) and SJ2 rocked! Sad that we didn't get California, but my god, was there energy through the whole set. I was surprised at how few people knew Invisible, but I guess it's not on the album except buried way deep in the deluxe version. Shame, because that song is so good!

It's also featured a couple of times on the screen

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha, well the pic of the stage / floor I took on my way back from the bathroom.

I had GA both nights. One night south side next night north side. There really isn't a bad spot in GA.

Haha, well the pic of the stage / floor I took on my way back from the bathroom.

I had GA both nights. One night south side next night north side. There really isn't a bad spot in GA.

How close did you bother getting?

How close did you bother getting?

I got close to the B stage and that area.. maybe a few rows back. Then at other times I tried to get near the front so maybe in front of red zone? There was really plenty of room to walk around. It was great.

Back
Top Bottom