June 3rd, 2015 - Los Angeles, CA, Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Post your experiences, photos and stories about this show here.

There was no flasher tonight, but LA Dodger Elvis was in the building so we had that going for us.

Another phenomenal show. I'm so glad I was able to snag a seat for this show as hearing the Troubles was something I was so looking forward to. This past week of shows has just cemented Songs of Innocence as one of my favorite U2 albums, like top 4. I absolute loved hearing it live. The LA crowds have been pretty great, for LA crowds. I loved hearing so many different songs, even if a major chunk of the setlist doesn't change. The series between Iris and UTEOTW is stellar. I love everything about how they use that screen, and the way they tell a story via the songs.

Volcano is going to be rip roaring fun when they figure it out. It was great even with the mess in the middle!

I even loved hearing Pride and Bullet again on this tour. Bullet especially has been rejuvenated. That solo and Bono's rant are :drool:

best of the three shows caught in LA...and could see/feel them getting more comfortable, having more fun with this tour and getting better as the nights progressed. GAs are always great but being lower and front and center of that massive screen is a visual and sound spectacular and the preferred way to experience this show.

the band loves LA but with the loss of Dennis Sheehan these five dates took on another meaning. Bono was definitely more reflective during this night talking about these past ten days.

the piano mess up was welcomed...anything to bring human spontaneity and moments not previously scripted is a nice throw back. The Troubles, Ordinary Love, Volcano and One made the night. And nice at the end, seeing them together, arms around, waiving, walking off the main stage.

Crazy show. I'm still not sure it was better than No. 4, but there were so many notable moments, and of course three cool songs (we might have also gotten No Line if it wasn't for the piano breaking) that it;s surely one that will be remembered.

best of the three shows caught in LA...and could see/feel them getting more comfortable, having more fun with this tour and getting better as the nights progressed. GAs are always great but being lower and front and center of that massive screen is a visual and sound spectacular and the preferred way to experience this show.

the band loves LA but with the loss of Dennis Sheehan these five dates took on another meaning. Bono was definitely more reflective during this night talking about these past ten days.

the piano mess up was welcomed...anything to bring human spontaneity and moments not previously scripted is a nice throw back. The Troubles, Ordinary Love, Volcano and One made the night. And nice at the end, seeing them together, arms around, waiving, walking off the main stage.

I felt they were more comfortable than LA4 as well. Bono sounded better and more energetic to me especially in the first set. Not sure if it was the 2 days off or if they're getting into a groove now as you mentioned. Also been wondering how much Bono's injury affected his conditioning in preparation for the tour. The mp3s of Roxy and LA4 Bono sounds out of shape to me and a little flat. He brings it at times but I've been a little concerned. Of course he is 55 so there's that, but I feel the injury has something to do with it, and perhaps he will get his legs under him more as the tour moves along. I'll be interested to hear the tape of last night but from my untrained ear he was stronger than LA4 (mainly set 1) or Roxy.

Great point about the seating for this tour, Sunday I was section 102 behind the e-stage and couldn't see the screen well or the main stage. Last night I was front and center in section 108 and the visuals were stunning! Cedarwood Road/Iris/RBW/EBTTRT to name a few are an audio/visual tour de force with that incredible screen and the band in and out of the divide, and up and down the runway. Nobody has sets like this. Totally unreal set design, loving this tour! Wish I could travel to Denver.

found myself wondering about Bono as well. doesn't seem as physically fit for this tour and I can't remember him messing up on the lyrics as much as he is currently. guess the "Paul H. is dead" rumors can begin now...

agree. an amazing set design (for some of those in the audience) but three different shows depending where you're seating or standing. experienced all three of these in LA:

1. GA: Much more crowded than previous arena tours (moving around not nearly as easy). will miss most of the tech production if you're close to the main stage or walk way. Yo get to see the band up close but now with a crowd that is halfway distracted with documenting and saluting it all with their smart phones. All in all, this is the Innocence of iNNOCENCE. B/B+

2. Sitting in the lower side sections/Either side of the walkway: Here you see the band, see the full tech production on the monitors. the full Experience of eXPERIENCE. A+/A

3. Either end or Corners of Arena: Lacking. All that tech production only works well if you're sitting directly in front of either of the large screens on the sides. If you're at either end or in the corners the tech aspect of the show doesn't work well. The interactions between Bono and Edge are now built almost entirely for the large monitor screenings. The choreographed performance in many ways is more virtual than physical...and if you're at either end, from my experience, you don't see it/understand it and the physical interaction from previous tours is missed. Not the best way to experience either eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE. saw the first show this way and initially came away altogether unimpressed with the tour. Avoid if at all possible. C/C-

Saw LA2 on the rail on the e-stage and that was great but this show was AWESOME. Hearing Ordinary love, The troubles, and especially Volcano was just amazing. These two shows have really cemented this last album as one of my favorites. I just like how they played them live, even with the mess ups it was just an amazing show.:up:

Back
Top Bottom