July 10, 2015 Boston MA, TD Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YBORCITY

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I noticed there wasn't a thread for this show...... a few days later and I'm still saying "holy crap!". What an amazing show! I still can't believe it....

i think the fact that most people communicate on the internet with their cell phones is the reason why there aren't many detailed write ups/reviews on interference.

I seem to remember a lot more in depth reviews on previous tours.:hmm:

I completely lost it when Edge and Adam switched sides before 40. I left my body too many times for one show. An amazing experience to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey Numb, I wanted to write a longer review in time. I just wasn't sure if I was blinded by seeing them for the first time this tour, or maybe I listened to the naysayers here (and elsewhere) and lowered my expectations a bit..... but, HOLY CRAP!!! I try and think of what I can say wrong about the concert and I reach for not really liking the "Hands That Built America" snippet. Even OL which I never was a great fan of I really liked. I'm fired up for you and Numb Jr. going, I think your really going to like it.

Hey DG, I was trying to figure out the exact number of times I've seen them on the way to the show Friday and with some help I believe this was 39th time..... I agree I have to put this close to the top of my favorite shows.... just WOW!

It's weird cuz in the last two shows I've seen them (last 360 show and this one), I could honestly say these two shows have to be in my top 5 or 6 maybe?

Ms.YBOR and crew are still awestruck..... amazing..... beautiful.... show. Can't wait for Wed. and the MSG shows.

Hey Jeevey :wave:

This really was a fantastic show. I was in GA where I was close enough to really see them and really watch the intricacies of Bono's performance. The only awkward moments were when the screen was fully employed and you didn't know where to look.

The last 45 minutes had a power I've never felt at any other show, period. I know it was warhorses. But, wow. What warhorses.

I feel deeply satisfied. If I never see them again, I'll be ok.

I completely lost it when Edge and Adam switched sides before 40. I left my body too many times for one show. An amazing experience to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yep... Edge was already waving goodbye when Bono stopped him in his tracks and after an incredible set they end with 40..... the MOS snippets and Shine Like Stars.... good Lord I am so lucky to be a fan of this band!

This really was a fantastic show. I was in GA where I was close enough to really see them and really watch the intricacies of Bono's performance. The only awkward moments were when the screen was fully employed and you didn't know where to look.

The last 45 minutes had a power I've never felt at any other show, period. I know it was warhorses. But, wow. What warhorses.

Great point Irvine.... the warhorses sounded so powerful and I didn't mind even one of them!

I could leave out what I'm going to write below and just second this!!

What a hell of a show!! They were bringing it in a way I've never seen them bring it before. And that's saying a lot.

This show was amazing! Highlights were Electric Co, Until The End Of The World and especially, as you mentioned, that run through the warhorses at the end. You could feel the energy building up as they went through Bullet, Pride, BD, Bad, WOWY/COBL/Streets and One.

Then to close with 40 on top of that?? Come on!!

I agree with YBOR as well- I haven't gotten excited by seeing Elevation and Ordinary Love on U2 gigs set lists for previous shows. However, Elevation brought the house down and Ordinary Love was great!

This show was one for the books!

I saw Vertigo in Boston in 2005 and then 360 went to the stadium down Foxboro as we know.

Something to do with being in the city of Boston proper, and indoors there for the first time in 10 years, gave U2 and the crowd a jolt or 6000 of electricity Friday night.

The crowd, the performance, the set list.

This is not a U2 show that will soon be forgotten. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about!

My favorite of the four shows. :heart:

I agree, I think first time seeing the show, they were all sounding so good, the crowd was the best of the five shows i went to and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed Edge dancing alone on the e-stage he was just lost in his own world and our end of the arena was going crazy.

I agree, I think first time seeing the show, they were all sounding so good, the crowd was the best of the five shows i went to and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed Edge dancing alone on the e-stage he was just lost in his own world and our end of the arena was going crazy.

I noticed that!

I was 6 rows behind the e stage and he was looking right at us with the biggest smile on his face.

That was an electric moment.

Wow. 5 weeks and many shows later (including 4 I saw in person), and this show still stands far above the rest!

I noticed that!

I was 6 rows behind the e stage and he was looking right at us with the biggest smile on his face.

That was an electric moment.

Wow. 5 weeks and many shows later (including 4 I saw in person), and this show still stands far above the rest!

I'm kinda glad someone else noticed this, he looked so into it I've never seen him or any other member of the band act like that before in the 40 plus shows I've seen..... it seemed like he was just lost in the exuberance. Amazing moment and my favorite show of the bunch I saw.

I'm kinda glad someone else noticed this, he looked so into it I've never seen him or any other member of the band act like that before in the 40 plus shows I've seen..... it seemed like he was just lost in the exuberance. Amazing moment and my favorite show of the bunch I saw.

I am NOT a cell phone photographer/video taker, but I knew being so close to the E Stage that I had to film the exit from the screen to the stage for EBTTRT.

That was all I planned on filming.

When Edge came running out there during COBL, I just had to pull the phone out again. Now, I have it forever.....

I keep going on about this show, but I think this one was the only one that gave me a realistic idea of what it would've been like to see U2 in Boston between 1987 and 1993. The energy from the band and crowd... it just seemed like everyone was belting out every song along with the band and the place was going insane.

I've never seen such euphoria in one place before and I used to work concert security. I've seen literally hundreds of shows with hundreds of different bands.

From the time Bono mentioned the April 15, 2013 Boston marathon bombings onward, it just seemed like the roof was coming off the Garden. That last chorus of Pride had everyone going crazy, then BD and MOS/Bad.

Everyone was singing along to Bad!!

No offense to any other city, but Boston is the only place in America that would happen in anytime after Zoo TV. Bad eclipsed Streets that night, just like it used to.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom