Why not Iris as an opener??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2015, 04:15 AM   #21
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Nah, it wouldn't work. Invisible, however, might, and I wish they would try it to find out.

LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:12 AM   #22
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Fair enough points but I really think the build would work well. I have seen Pearl Jam open with Release a bunch of times and it works really well.

That being said, haven't seen the show yet so I will reserve judgment

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

pop_mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Completely disagree about it not needing the preceding speech. The band comes out firing for four straight songs. It works perfectly for Bono to say a few words, introduce the band at this point and explain what Iris is about. It adds to the appeal of the song for those in the crowd who may not know what it's about. When you talk about your mom and then go into a song written for her it has the desired affect. Just going into it wouldn't be a good move
Agreed. Let's also not overlook the thematic tie of I Will Follow/the Mofo snipper/Iris all connecting to Bono's mom, and then Iris leads into the 'trip back to the past' of Cedarwood Road.

I suspect we'll see very little, if any, changes to the opening set. The flow already works quite well as it is, and all of the current songs contain the big "wow" moments for the new staging. The only changes you might see to the Opening Ten are one of Out Of Control/Electric Co/California being shuffled into that second or third song slot on any given night (with Vertigo being #2 or #3 every night) and potentially 'Bad' taking the spot of UTEOTW as the opening set closer. This is just my speculation, since RBW/Bad have a natural link due to the Andy Rowen connection.

PopFly is offline   Reply With Quote