Which 'Warhorse' needs a timeout from I&E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which 'Warhorses' need a timeout from I&E tour (pick 3)

• Total voters
My top five were SBS, One, WOWY, ISHFWILF, and MW. It was hard to cut that down to three.

I removed SBS from contention because at least they're trying something new with it and it fits with the show's narrative. But then those other four, christ. WOWY I took out because it does sound better this tour than those excruciating 360 performances. There's a modicum of effort there. MW needs to die live if they can't be fucked to play it properly, I've considered ISHFWILF a bore for quite some time and this tour has not changed that, and One has reached an all-time low.

Hmmm.... I wouldn't exactly say that Desire or Elevation are mainstays on this tour (or even One/ISHFWILF).

Hmmm.... I wouldn't exactly say that Desire or Elevation are mainstays on this tour (or even One/ISHFWILF).

They are show horses, that stand in place of awesome songs being played

WOWY, Still Haven't Found and One add nothing to the set right now.

I agree with this as well.

I'd always want Pride at a show. It's a shot of adrenaline into the crowd

Probably in the minority here, but I've been pretty sick of City of Blinding Lights for quite sometime. Miracle Drug sounded awesome the few times it took it's spot although maybe that wasn't the right spot in the set for it. Either bring back MD or consider opening the encore with something like a full band In God's Country or A Sort of Homecoming. :hyper:

The thing about almost all of these songs is that the crowd in general love them.

Me....I find With or Without you and One to be very meh live but add in the crowd reaction and it wouldn't be a U2 concert without them.

For my NYC show on 7/18, the crowd went nuts for With or Without you and sang along to every single word(regardless of Bono encouraging it) of One. To the point that both of those songs that I find meh were highlights!

Elevation is interesting because it gets a lot of hate around here but it's probably in their top 5 live crowd pleasers. Every live show I have seen from 2001 forward, people have gone NUTS for this song. Not including it would be a shame.

Streets and Pride are reasons 1 & 2 to go see a U2 show. Both are almost always performed with passion(occasionally Pride can seem a little auto pilot mode) and the crowds go berserk for them.

With all that said, they can get rid of SBS. The version they are playing is very laid back compared to the "normal" version and the crowd reaction at the show I went to was very tepid.

Now before someone craps all over me for mentioning others reactions compared to my own, I will say that every time I go to U2 show I like to look around and see the reaction of the people when the songs are playing. I guess feed off of that and it makes me happy to see others singing along and going crazy for songs that I love. So, crowd reaction is a big part of it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Btw....as someone whose least favorite U2 album is October and I also never considered Gloria in my top 50 U2 songs....it was by far the best song they played on this leg. The guitar sound, the drums, the energy, all of it made this the highlight of the NA leg!!!

It actually made me start listening to Gloria again and I have to say it's a really good song!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

^ I was never a huge fan of Gloria but the throwing in October was pretty cool.

lol i was the first to pick streets !
i would be annoyed going to a show and them not playing it..... but it is sounding below par these days with all the crap at the start and the worst song transition.

need to reinvigorate it!

but one needs some more rest and pride should rotate with NYD which i think will happen next leg fingers crossed

From the shitty streams/videos I've heard, I'd honestly pick Mysterious Ways from that list. Might be partly because I've never been a huge fan of the track itself but just really don't think it deserves to be played every night, particularly when it's not being played to its full potential. You could so easily swap it or at the very least rotate it with The Fly and not only would no one complain I honestly think you'd get the "casuals" happier too.

Even One... I wouldn't mind being there for a live singalong version.

It would never happen, but I picked Beautiful Day and ISHFWILF. The rest of the warhorses, I have no problem with. I love me some I+E Bullet and it's nice to hear Bono singing WOWY. Big upgrade from him mumbling his way through it on 360. :lol:

One, Pride & Mysterious Ways. MW can be replaced by Discotheque, Zoo Station, Fly, Crystal Ballroom. Pride wiht Hands That Built should be shelved in 2016 too. One can go in favor of Walk On, UV, ASOH - or Bad appearing more.

And I think I Will Follow should go in 2016 for some other early songs from Boy/October/War like Surrender, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, A Celebration, Two Hearts.

Even Better Than The Real Thing seems rather neutered these days (read: at least the last half-decade, probably more). I'm not sure I really care for the bored-food-court-on-a-Tuesday-lunchtime iteration of what should be a monster.

(read: at least the last half-decade, probably more)

Disagree.

This is the sound of a tired old favorite coming back from the dead. After some pretty bland versions on Elevation, the 360 arrangement was a real shot in the arm.

The I+E performances have been average. They feel like slower, less inspired versions of what we got on 360.

Last edited:
I don't mind most of the Warhorses if they just rotate them in which they do a few now.

But I'm tired of SBS and BD. Even w/ the new arrangement SBS is still sounding tired.

I'm wondering how many of the people who voted for One actually stood in the room and heard it on this last tour leg. There's no way a YouTube video can possibly portray this moment accurately.

One, Pride & Mysterious Ways. MW can be replaced by Discotheque, Zoo Station, Fly, Crystal Ballroom. Pride wiht Hands That Built should be shelved in 2016 too. One can go in favor of Walk On, UV, ASOH - or Bad appearing more.

And I think I Will Follow should go in 2016 for some other early songs from Boy/October/War like Surrender, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, A Celebration, Two Hearts.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees :up:

I rarely listen to live versions of Pride (studio version has always sounded better) or WOWY, but you can't deny the crowds love them and i loved them too at the shows. They both sound better this tour than for a while. Mysterious Ways, is fun at shows and would be even more fun if bought out every now and then, but in no way does it deserve to be in the top 10 most performed U2 songs of all time (Thank You u2gigs). Same applies to EBTTRT, fun song, but could easily rotate with The Fly for a bit of variation, though personally one of the criticisms I would have with the show is that 2 (1.5 if you want to be picky) songs in 'the cage' is unnecessary

Last edited:
i voted for i will follow 3 times

i'd say that i can't for the life of me see how that song gets the reaction that it does, but i wouldn't want to get yelled at by those who like it.

Back
Top Bottom