When will they.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee
...... debut '' THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN REACH ME NOW " ? This song is BEGGING to be placed in the setlist of current tour.

of all the American U2 audiences, I think Boston gets down hardest. saw my first shows there. if not there, it'll definitely show up in Europe.

it should be the show opener. the current Miracle opener is awkward (Bono wandering on e-stage and starting the chant? where's the excitement?). start the show with the lights down and show videos of punk rock icons (focusing on the Clash obviously), then Larry sneaks onstage and starts it, the piano kicks in, Edge shows up for the riff, and then Bono shows up under the sole lightbulb singing. would be dramatic and the crowd would go nuts. plus it's similar to the last few openers where everything happens one by one (Breathe and EBTTRT were like this)

you could play the Miracle second and then do the normal four song couplet after that and everything would work.

I can see it opening shows during the European leg. It's just too funky for American audiences.

Yeap. I think this tour will be completely different in Europe, in terms of atmosphere and perhaps songs like Reach Me Now and Crystal Ballroom. It will be the next level.

Yeap. I think this tour will be completely different in Europe, in terms of atmosphere and perhaps songs like Reach Me Now and Crystal Ballroom. It will be the next level.

Crystal Ballroom is 100% going to be played in Europe, no question.

I kind of agree, they were more daring with American audiences the last two tours (the Boy songs, Your Blue Room, Zooropa, EBTTRT were all US stuff) and it all was kind of wasted because American crowds largely don't react much to those. I know, because I witnessed it

in Europe all those things would be amazingly received. I'm kind of really excited to see. will they be bold enough to replace Mysterious Ways with Discotheque there? hopefully!

I want Zooropa to be played again regardless if I'm there or not

open the second half with it with the band inside the screen. nobody would complain.

it should be the show opener. the current Miracle opener is awkward (Bono wandering on e-stage and starting the chant? where's the excitement?). start the show with the lights down and show videos of punk rock icons (focusing on the Clash obviously), then Larry sneaks onstage and starts it, the piano kicks in, Edge shows up for the riff, and then Bono shows up under the sole lightbulb singing. would be dramatic and the crowd would go nuts. plus it's similar to the last few openers where everything happens one by one (Breathe and EBTTRT were like this)

you could play the Miracle second and then do the normal four song couplet after that and everything would work.

THIS. I can so picture it. That would be quite awesome.

Crystal Ballroom is 100% going to be played in Europe, no question.

in Europe all those things would be amazingly received. I'm kind of really excited to see. will they be bold enough to replace Mysterious Ways with Discotheque there? hopefully!

Hmm, I think you're dreaming. Anything is possible but these songs are not likely. Last time they did full Discotheque Edge indicated he was tired of it and did not enjoy playing it and they abruptly stopped playing it in shows after 2 tries. Of course that was 2005 so maybe he has had time to get over it.

Regarding CB, it is technically a B side that I do not think has even been rehearsed at this point (sharebear feel free to correct me ;) ). So a 100% guarantee is a massive stretch. Hope you are right but odds are really against it based on the known information at this point.

I also do not get all the hype about Reach. I think it would be a VERY average opening song. On level with the Breathe opener (which I do not think worked very well either). Miracle isn't fantastic but it is better than Reach to me. :shrug:

Hmm, I think you're dreaming. Anything is possible but these songs are not likely. Last time they did full Discotheque Edge indicated he was tired of it and did not enjoy playing it and they abruptly stopped playing it in shows after 2 tries. Of course that was 2005 so maybe he has had time to get over it.

Regarding CB, it is technically a B side that I do not think has even been rehearsed at this point (sharebear feel free to correct me ;) ). So a 100% guarantee is a massive stretch. Hope you are right but odds are really against it based on the known information at this point.

I also do not get all the hype about Reach. I think it would be a VERY average opening song. On level with the Breathe opener (which I do not think worked very well either). Miracle isn't fantastic but it is better than Reach to me. :shrug:

1. I would agree except they did the Discotheque snippet in Crazy Tonight for the majority of the end of the 360 tour, and plus it appeared in the Beat on the Brat intro

2. Bono said to fans (on video!) that it's going to come into the set at some point soon. hopefully Chicago or Montreal.

3. seriously where is the excitement of the Miracle opening? Bono walks onstage, starts singing, walks all the way to the other stage still singing. band kicks in. no dramatics! Reach has dynamics and would be very dramatic!

1. I would agree except they did the Discotheque snippet in Crazy Tonight for the majority of the end of the 360 tour, and plus it appeared in the Beat on the Brat intro

2. Bono said to fans (on video!) that it's going to come into the set at some point soon. hopefully Chicago or Montreal.

3. seriously where is the excitement of the Miracle opening? Bono walks onstage, starts singing, walks all the way to the other stage still singing. band kicks in. no dramatics! Reach has dynamics and would be very dramatic!

1. A snippet is not anywhere near playing it full band.
2. Do I really need to point this one out?
3. I haven't seen it yet, but what I have heard I agree Miracle is not fantastic. I think Reach would be worse and Miracle is better. :shrug: I think Reach could be the new Acrobat for fans as I do not think they are planning to play it.

You're american, you don't get what is great about Reach Me Now :D
About Crystal Ballroom, are we still pretending this song doesn't belong to Songs of Innocence?

The band, and especially Bono thinks TCB is an important song to this era, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it.

Reach Me Now is a head scratcher as to why they aren't playing it...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think Soldier is in their current point of view not enough dadrock, not enough oldschool or not enough acoustic kind of a song.

They won't. Along with SLABT, it just immediately sounds like a song that wouldn't really work live.

I agree with you about Sleep, it's one of my faves off the album, but I don't think it would work live. But I can't disagree with you more about Reach, that song would kill live.

I agree with you about Sleep, it's one of my faves off the album, but I don't think it would work live. But I can't disagree with you more about Reach, that song would kill live.

Though Edge's outro solo on Sleep Like A Baby could be epic live.

I don't think there's a chance in hell of SLABT. Reach may happen, and because the band are passionate about Crystal Ballroom I can see them trying it at a few shows once they're comfortable with the setlist in general, but SLABT has always struck me as a studio affair.

Miracle gets a huge response from the crowd, fwiw.

It definitely seems to be doing a better job than Breathe.

I don't think it'll happen. Nor will SLABT, nor do I think we'll see the Troubles again.

I love the album version of Troubles, but I was watching the Vancouver video and I was not digging it at all, and the audience seems bored to tears. I think SLABT is the same kind of affair unfortunately.

Reach Me Now doesn't check off enough boxes that other songs already do. It's essentially the pimply faced cousin of the spectacular Crystal Ballroom and Volcano, which I definitely think will both see plays in future shows.

Also, funk is getting pretty popular back in USA. And also also, Reach Me Now is hardly funky. Like at all.

Back
Top Bottom