Two Hearts Beat As One- tweet it out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mofo82

Refugee
Hey all, since the band has been rehearsing Two Hearts this week in Chicago, take a few seconds to tweet @U2 #TwoHeartsBeatAsOneChicagoShow5 @U2comZooMods @U2Community @atu2 @U2TourFan @U2fanlife @u2gigs @crabbulls

That last one is me :) There's a bunch of others too.

I'd say of any U2 tour this one is most tied to social media so let's give it a shot blue crackhead & give it that extra push.

Last edited:
This is a great idea.

Agree 100%!

The return of Two Hearts to the set list is only about 30 years overdue!

Never should've left in the first place.

It was the 2nd single of the album that made U2 world famous rock stars and always kicked major ass live.

Today's the day everyone, tweet it out again, share it with others. Here's hoping the boys make the final night in Chicago a real rare treat for the U2 fanbase

#TwoHeartsBeatAsOneChicagoShow5 #U2ieTour @U2ieTour @U2 @U2comZooMods @U2Community @atu2 @U2TourFan @u2interference @U2fanlife @u2gigs @U2ieTour @bethandbono @U2uruguay @U2log @U2start @360FromTheEdge

Fit as many as you can, go to 2 if you have to

I added more today and forgot #U2ieTour & @U2ieTour yesterday, so include those today!!

Last edited:
Ok Debbie Downer. Just having some fun. Fellow jammer here, just trying to aim some positive energy at the tonight. I'd hope NYC gets some setlist love too.

Ok Debbie Downer. Just having some fun. Fellow jammer here, just trying to aim some positive energy at the tonight. I'd hope NYC gets some setlist love too.

It has nothing to do with not wanting them to play the song or being a "Debbie downer"

These things never work, and end up being nothing more than done free social marketing for a bunch of u2 fan sites.

It has nothing to do with not wanting them to play the song or being a "Debbie downer"

These things never work, and end up being nothing more than done free social marketing for a bunch of u2 fan sites.

look I think this is a bit of a lame idea and I think the hashtag for Chicago 5 was laughable, but sometimes your posting style annoys me. You aren't always right/not all your thoughts are gold. This thread is a lot better than all the fucking "WHAT TIME DOES THE SEVENTH SONG START" threads we get.

I hope they play it in Toronto (or preferably at the next show Martha sees) and reference Twitter as the reason :hyper:

So what's the problem with me doing this? It was for fun and never that serious. Let people have fun on the forum.

Another case where Headache has to put his 2 cents in because somebody did something he thought was a waste of time. I've seen this over & over from you for 10 years + and I decided I wasn't gonna worry about opinions like this cus it was just for fun! I saw this coming a mile away.

I spent 15 minutes trying to get a little effort behind a song they rehearsed all week in Chicago, not some one-off random track & aimed at fans like us to get word back to U2 hoping they play it sometime soon, not just in Chicago.

And what's wrong with showing some love for the fansites? Some of them retweeted, no one got hurt. I wanted to send some attention their way. That's what you do when making an effort, appeal to those who are likely to have the same wishes. Seems like it was worth a try.

The band is letting a social networking presence show through more on this tour. They put a photo of my daughter & I up on U2.com for night 5 after they recognized me being the guy who sang Desire on stage with them night 3. So that's why I laught at comments like 'those things never work' cus by all rights me asking Bono to perform on stage with them shouldn't have ever worked.

I don't mind being against the grain, dreaming out loud a bit and putting a question out there didn't hurt anyone. Just let people have a little fun on the forum.

Hope NYC gets Two Hearts...

K

Last edited:
So what's the problem with me doing this? It was for fun and never that serious. Let people have fun on the forum.

Another case where Headache has to put his 2 cents in because somebody did something he thought was a waste of time. I've seen this over & over from you for 10 years + and I decided I wasn't gonna worry about opinions like this cus it was just for fun! I saw this coming a mile away.

I spent 15 minutes trying to get a little effort behind a song they rehearsed all week in Chicago, not some one-off random track & aimed at fans like us to get word back to U2 hoping they play it sometime soon, not just in Chicago.

And what's wrong with showing some love for the fansites? Some of them retweeted, no one got hurt. I wanted to send some attention their way. That's what you do when making an effort, appeal to those who are likely to have the same wishes. Seems like it was worth a try.

The band is letting a social networking presence show through more on this tour. They put a photo of my daughter & I up on U2.com for night 5 after they recognized me being the guy who sang Desire on stage with them night 3. So that's why I laught at comments like 'those things never work' cus by all rights me asking Bono to perform on stage with them shouldn't have ever worked.

I don't mind being against the grain, dreaming out loud a bit and putting a question out there didn't hurt anyone. Just let people have a little fun on the forum.

Hope NYC gets Two Hearts...

K

So last I checked the actual definition of the word forum was a "place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Me thinking this is a silly, corny idea doesn't mean I'm right, and it doesn't mean you have to stop doing it.

I didn't curse you out for doing it, I didn't say you were dumb. I actually only said no. Then later explained my reasoning on why I think it's a waste of time.

The exact same type of thing was done at the start of the tour to request songs fans wanted to hear. Shit didn't work.

The band will only play songs they are comfortable playing. It's why they won't rotate set lists, and likely the real reason why they abandoned the two night idea for this tour.

When they're comfortable with the song in rehearsals, they'll play it. No sooner. They unfortunately just aren't that kind of band. I wish they were. They aren't.

But hey... by all means, go nuts. Try presenting them with chizip's Dirty Day petition while you're at it.

Last edited:

More power to you! Things like this never work....until they work ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So last I checked the actual definition of the word forum was a "place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Me thinking this is a silly, corny idea doesn't mean I'm right, and it doesn't mean you have to stop doing it.

I didn't curse you out for doing it, I didn't say you were dumb. I actually only said no. Then later explained my reasoning on why I think it's a waste of time.

The exact same type of thing was done at the start of the tour to request songs fans wanted to hear. Shit didn't work.

The band will only play songs they are comfortable playing. It's why they won't rotate set lists, and likely the real reason why they abandoned the two night idea for this tour.

When they're comfortable with the song in rehearsals, they'll play it. No sooner. They unfortunately just aren't that kind of band. I wish they were. They aren't.

But hey... by all means, go nuts. Try presenting them with chizip's Dirty Day petition while you're at it.

It's this attitude Headache. Seems like you just like to be an opposing point of view whenever possible. There's no reason to have to tell me what's a waste of my time. I'll be the judge of how I choose to spend my time. I know what a forum is, you don't need to 'educate' me and give me definitions of what a forum is, especially in a thread I started. That's insulting. I'm an adult. I choose not insult someone by defining something and tell them they're wasting their time because I don't agree with it.

To a lot of people, they look to this forum for fun, something to look at during a work break or similar, just like I do. I'm fine with someone disagreeing, but there wasn't a debate here until you started it with '...no'. So here's my thing, go disagree with someone else over something bigger, and let me post my stupid social media waste of time attempts at the band playing a song, the attempt that was only for fun. Thanks

So here's a simple solution. See that ignore button next to my name? By all means, go ahead and click it. Problem solved.

I'll take it into consideration, thank you for your insight. Must be nice to have that option when one has an opinion that doesn't necessarily need to be shared- 'hey, I'll rip on your thread for everyone else to see but you can ignore me with that little button'. Personally, I'm a little friendlier and choose the pathof self control when I have an opinion that doesn't necessarily need to be shared.

Honestly dude, whatever. All I said was "no." One word. Everything else was reactionary.

And ya know what? You're right. I should have just ignored the thread. I had forgotten I had even posted in it until the "all I do is shit on things" party got kicked off by cobl, at which point yea, I'm going to respond to that, because it's nothing more than a pile of horse shit.

But end of the day? Yea, I should have ignored your thread.

I don't really care either, for the record, headache. I'm sure we'd hit it off over a beer. Just wanted to back the dude up a little. Another night I might have just scrolled on by.

Back
Top Bottom