Streets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you ever happy mate?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Regarding Streets live transitions:

Running - Streets: the best

Please - STreets - second best

Joshua Streets standalone - great

Bad - Streets - haunting

Amazing Grace - Streets: awkward

Campaign song - Streets: musical disaster

It means I´m happy 4 out of 6 times :)

I loved Streets when the band seemed to actually care about the song; the 3 last tours have been heartless attempts. It's sad that at this point I wouldn't care if they dropped it from the setlist. It's not what it used to be.

The 90's segues were the best, I cannot even say whether I prefer Running or Please more.
Bad was also just a great moment during the Elevation tour.

Anything after that hasn't been doing it for me. Vertigo Tour transition sucked imho and 360 didn't work either, I sort of like the Rosebowl version because Bono's echoing voice gives me chills but the transition itself is not great.

This tour is also pretty lacklustre in that sense, they have so many great songs which could easily sooth into Streets...

You guys are nuts if you didn't like the 360 versions, especially the 2011 ones.

I can also understand not liking the Vertigo transition, but ... it's still Streets.

I wasn't referring to you, I hear you. I think Iris would work very well into Streets this tour, as would The Troubles. I actually think that the current segue could work, just if the band kept playing from City or Miracle Drug into the Mother and Child Reunion into Streets, rather than stopping momentum.

Nah, Streets is still good. The current transition sounds like two random songs in different keys with a crossfade trying in vain to blend them while campaign advertisements are shown in the background, but I don't think a less than enjoyable performance of Streets has happened yet.

I'm really starting to get sick of Bono mutilating the lyrics.

Nah, Streets is still good. The current transition sounds like two random songs in different keys with a crossfade trying in vain to blend them while campaign advertisements are shown in the background, but I don't think a less than enjoyable performance of Streets has happened yet.

:up:
Cannot agree more.

If only one member of the band is in posession of his senses, he would give it a veto.

My problem with Streets, from what I've seen and heard so far from this tour (which is admittedly limited), is the ordinariness of it. It's always going to be a great song, but on this tour it feels as if all the ceremony that typically accompanies it has been stripped away. To me, this makes it feel like just another song, not the emotional centre to the show, which I think it should be. There's also nothing particularly special about the arrangement this time around, and the whole thing to me just lacks any kick to it.

Look, Streets is like pizza, when it's good it's great and when it's bad it's still pretty good. But there's something missing this time, and I can't put my finger on it.

And not for nothing, but I would have LOVED to have heard that imaginary, was never going to happen anyway, Fields of Gold transition.

My problem with Streets, from what I've seen and heard so far from this tour (which is admittedly limited), is the ordinariness of it. It's always going to be a great song, but on this tour it feels as if all the ceremony that typically accompanies it has bee stripped away. To me, this makes it feel like just another song, not the emotional centre to the show, which I think it should be. There's also nothing particularly special about the arrangement this time around, and the whole think to me just lacks any kick to it.

Look, Streets is like pizza, when it's good it's great and when it's bad it's still pretty good. But there's something missing this time, and I can't put my finger on it.

And not for nothing, but I would have LOVED to have heard that imaginary, was never going to happen anyway, Fields of Gold transition.

Agree 100%.
I think this is also the problem with the whole 2nd set. The problem is not the setlist (even though for me, it's quite annoying), but much of the songs are being played in a terrible way. Streets demands a good transition, which is not the case, and also demands energy, commitment. I know the band is probably just willing to perform this way, but most of the songs in the 2nd set and in the encore just feel like a lazzy version of the songs, and that's not good at all.

Nothing is worse than wanting it to rain when you really don't want it to rain, or need it to rain, because it has rained so much in your life lately that all of the bridges are flooding and the homes have become boats and the boats no longer have a place to dock.

We've had 20 inches of rain this month, or maybe its 15, or 17. At this point who the fuck even knows. It's just depressing. I look outside right now and see a little bit of sun and im very afraid of it. I know it won't last. It can't last, because it's supposed to rain every day from now on until the end of time.

Our streets have no name because they've all become rivers that lead to lakes which are over-flowing. I blame u2 for this - it's their fault because of those fireworks they set off near the lake last year. Or maybe that wasn't them. Okay so why doesn't it rain in California? They are in a horrible drought. Maybe if u2 played 'California' every night as the segue into 'Streets'...they could end their drought and solve world hunger.

I can't protect this house without flood insurance Baby.

FLIP FLAP

Agree 100%.
I think this is also the problem with the whole 2nd set. The problem is not the setlist (even though for me, it's quite annoying), but much of the songs are being played in a terrible way. Streets demands a good transition, which is not the case, and also demands energy, commitment. I know the band is probably just willing to perform this way, but most of the songs in the 2nd set and in the encore just feel like a lazzy version of the songs, and that's not good at all.

Exactly.

Except maybe Rattle and Hum songs

Nothing is worse than wanting it to rain when you really don't want it to rain, or need it to rain, because it has rained so much in your life lately that all of the bridges are flooding and the homes have become boats and the boats no longer have a place to dock.

We've had 20 inches of rain this month, or maybe its 15, or 17. At this point who the fuck even knows. It's just depressing. I look outside right now and see a little bit of sun and im very afraid of it. I know it won't last. It can't last, because it's supposed to rain every day from now on until the end of time.

Our streets have no name because they've all become rivers that lead to lakes which are over-flowing. I blame u2 for this - it's their fault because of those fireworks they set off near the lake last year. Or maybe that wasn't them. Okay so why doesn't it rain in California? They are in a horrible drought. Maybe if u2 played 'California' every night as the segue into 'Streets'...they could end their drought and solve world hunger.

FLIP FLAP

:up:

FLIP FLAP
:love:

jpxhchetppselg7hnika_zps5e6b7e5c.gif

Yes, that's exactly what I am. A blind donkey who never criticizes anything about U2. You know me so well, guy.

I came back from two excellent shows and just see a bunch of people hating everything the band is doing in the shows.

Sure, have your opinions, have your fun armchair quarterbacking the setlists and saying what you'd wish they'd play. But a lot of the forum right now is just fucking ridiculous.

There's critiquing the shows, and then there's just complaining about every choice the band makes. If you still feel the same way after you see the shows, I'll feel sad for you that you lost the joy from U2 concerts.

:wave:

Yes, that's exactly what I am. A blind donkey who never criticizes anything about U2.

I came back from two excellent shows and just see a bunch of people hating everything the band is doing in the shows.

There's critiquing the shows, and then there's just complaining about every choice the band makes. If you still feel the same way after you see the shows, when then I guess you're just a miserable U2 fan who can't be in the moment and enjoy what's in front of you. But hey, more power to you, and I'll feel sad for you that you lost the joy from U2 concerts.

:wave:

My point entirely, and here we go with the while blind sheep stuff coming out

The thought of me being a blind sheep is totally LOL-worthy. I've had plenty of criticisms of the band over the many years I've been hanging around here. I'm sure I will again.

But whatever. If having a blast at the four shows I've seen these past two weeks makes me a blind sheep, then BAAAA FUCKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

The thought of me being a blind sheep is totally LOL-worthy. I've had plenty of criticisms of the band over the many years I've been hanging around here. I'm sure I will again.

But whatever. If having a blast at the four shows I've seen these past two weeks makes me a blind sheep, then BAAAA FUCKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Better a blind sheep (or donkey, which, what the hell?) than a misanthropic jackass.

Back
Top Bottom