Poll: Favorite new SOI-Era song on IE tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite live song from the SOI-era on the tour (so far)?

• The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Every Breaking Wave

• California (There is no End to Love)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Song for Someone

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Iris (Hold Me Close)

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Volcano

• Raised by Wolves

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Cedarwood Road

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • The Troubles

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Invisible

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Ordinary Love

• It's so to pick just one. I celebrate their entire catalog.

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Haven't seen clips of all songs, but sofar I really enjoy Invisible live. Though I also enjoy it quite a lot as recorded version so I might be slightly biased. :wink:

I voted for Cali. Sure it's only been performed sporadically, but every performance has been a winner. Also, it's my fave on SOI.

That being said, the climax of SFS has sounded pretty awesome at the shows. Too bad the pedestrian first half (or 2/3) of the song seem to negatively color people's perception of that song. When it releases, it's awesome.

I'll take it.

Cedarwood Road. No question. Raised By Wolves and The Troubles are great too. Iris is doing well, but the ending is pretty damn awful.

Iris for me, Bono's vocals and Edge's backing vocal + guitar... Major highlights for me.. Altough I've had to judge from video footage of all the nights so far.

This one stands out.

Enjoyed the most...

In Person? The Miracle

In terms of Video Display/Performance? Cedarwood Road

In hearing at home on YouTube/in FLAC format? The Troubles

Overall, I voted for Cedarwood Road.

The Troubles for the extended EDGE solo...... I am the biggest EDGE-lover in the world...... I can't have any other choice.

I picked RBW in the poll but Every Breaking Wave was so beautiful it made me cry and Joey Ramone was my surprise song. I thought it was ok before hearing it live but the minute I heard Bono belting out those "OHHHHHHHHS" at the start of the show I was hooked. :love:

I have to confess..nothing prepared me for Iris live. I don't want to get into why, but it really hits home. I honestly got choked up each of the 4 times I've seen it. It is absolutely my favorite song amidst a really strong 3 or 4 contenders, which come very close on it's heels. I wish this poll had been multiple choice.

1. Iris
2. Raised By Wolves
3. Invisible
4. Every Breaking Wave
5. Cedarwood Road
5. Song For Someone
5. Ordinary Love
5. The Miracle
7. Lucifer's Hands

I haven't seen The Troubles or Crystal Ballroom, yet. I don't think I've seen California or Volcano (or maybe I went for beer JUST KIDDING)

Good grief. Look at how many new songs we can list here. Setlist whiners make me lol

I had a really hard time :sexywink: picking between RBW and Cedarwood Rd. Both are great to watch and full of energy, based on what i have seen. Both are among my favorite songs on SOI...in that awesome stretch of favorite songs that ends the album on a very high note. Choosing between these two is just too hard :sexywink:

Kind of like some days i wish i were the ocean, other days i wish i was the beach. And yet still there are days i wish i was the bloodthirsty shark, while others i would be happy to be the license plate rusting away in his/her stomach.

Therefore i must go with my :heart:

Which is here, out on Zuma
Watching you cry like a baby

:love:

Back
Top Bottom