Is it just me or has the NLOTH album been pretty much entirely left out of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The irony is that everyone would sit down if Stand Up Comedy was played.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

to be honest i dn't event know whayt i would do.

like, it's an awful song

but it would be fucking fumny live

cruist i cant type

I like 2:25-2:57 of Stand Up Comedy. Sorry.

There's a bit of a Holy Joe / live Vertigo intro thing happening.

I just listened to SUC for the first time in years. The verses aren't quite as boring as a lot of their most recent work. The lyrics are really bad, though. The first part of the chorus isn't too bad either. But that part with "cmon people stand up for your love" is just straight ear rape. Still can't get over the "stop helping God across the road like a little old lady" line. That's the worst lyric in their entire discography.
I would rather hear it live than "One". But of course, I'd rather hear any other U2 song over One.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can't understand why GOYB and SUC were ever allowed to leave the studio. Seriously, was there nobody that had the balls to tell them "these songs are garbage... I can't let anybody else's ears be subjected to this." Just fucking awful.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

I can't understand why GOYB and SUC were ever allowed to leave the studio. Seriously, was there nobody that had the balls to tell them "these songs are garbage... I can't let anybody else's ears be subjected to this." Just fucking awful.

Boots gets dogged here. It would probably get less criticism if it weren't released as a single. Especially as the first single. Imagine the backlash if U2 released, say, Miami as the first single for Pop. :lol:

SUC gets a bad rap too. I actually really enjoy the music, but the lyrics aren't exactly Bono's strongest effort. :wink:

But, with that said, I agree with you, acrobat. It probably shouldn't have been included on the album. B-Side at best. When a group like U2 has a gap of 4.5 years in between albums, releasing the best material should be the goal and SUC doesn't meet that criteria.

Last edited:
I understand Boots being on the record because it's a fast paced, energetic song. But it was horribly placed on the album (squashed between Crazy and SUC). I think if they put it between NLOTH and Magnificent it may have gotten a better reception because it flows pretty well in that spot.
SUC should've never been on a U2 album ever. They had so much more material that had to have been better than it.

I would just literally crap my pants if the played boots! :hyper:

MOS would be nice to hear again, I still find it somewhat compelling.
Magnificent was good too!

I would just literally crap my pants if the played boots! :hyper:

MOS would be nice to hear again, I still find it somewhat compelling.
Magnificent was good too!

Wow, now I'm rooting for them to play Boots. :wink: U2 does actually perform the song well live. MOS is my favorite song from No Line. I just didn't like the version they performed on 360. They should have stayed truer to the album version. Magnificent is vintage U2. They should have played that in the US leg of the tour.

Yep, Boots can work very good live on the rotation with Vertigo or Elevation. It is great live. The song itself isn´t their best, but certainly 100 times more interesting than Miracle for example.

Stand Up Comedy I guess it got screwed during work on album, it suffers from being overproduced. I would be intereste to hear it live. I believe we all would be surprised how good it can sound, but who knows...

Would love for them to play anything from NLOTH in London, hopefully magnificent will stay in rotation for a while

U2 could cross out one of the songs on their setlist, put down their instruments and just dance to the "First Night In Hell Mix" of Last Night On Earth, then carry on the show and I would still call it a great concert as long as Boots wasn't played.

If NLOTH was to make an appearance, I'd like to see EBW > NLOTH > Invisible > Zooropa > Streets

The only good part of SUC is the guitar riff at 2:56-2:57.

Such a cool sound. Wish they bottled that and built a good song around it.

Yeah and what was even more frustrating about SUC was that there was a clip of a song that surfaced a year before the album came out (which later became SUC) that was a billion times better.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom