Innocence and Experience Setlist Thoughts By Album/Period

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDon169

The Fly
I think we will see 2 different setlists with approximately 25% difference in songs. I think it will be about 24 songs with 17 the same.

Both sets will have
4 Innocence and Experience + 2 different I+E Songs
2 No Line on Horizon
4 Vertigo/Elevation
3 Joshua Tree
1 War
1 Boy

Additionally

Set A
1 Boy
1 October
1 War
1 Joshua Tree
2 Zoo
1 Unforgetable Fire
(2 Different I+E Songs)

Set B
1 October
3 Zoo
1 Unreleased
1 No Line Horizon
1 POP
(2 Different I+E Songs)

I would hope to get in the standard set...

I Will Follow
New Years Day
Streets
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Stuck in a Moment
Beautiful Day
YahWeh
COBL
Unknown Caller
IGCIDGCT
Miracle
California
Iris
Raised By Wolves

additionally...

Set A
2 I+E Songs
Electric Co.
October
2HBAOne
A Sort of Homecoming
In God's Country
WGRYWH
UTEOTW

Set B
2 I+E Songs
Gloria
Numb
Mysterious Ways
UTEOTW
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Moment Of surrender
If God Will Send his Angels

I'd go so far as to say maybe 33% difference between nights -- particularly if SoE is out soon or during the tour. I expect one night for innocence and one for experience, probably emphasizing different eras each night. That said, I keep coming back to Bono's comments about talking to his younger self during Volcano, and how that kind of time travel idea might crop up (I wonder if Bono's been reading X-Men over the last couple of years). Hell, they've already touched the idea with the Edge from the future bit in Miracle Drug back on Vertigo.

I really think they will release SOE in the spring. Doesn't make sense to me to have experience in the title for a bunch of shows without the album being out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is it wrapped yet? If it is Yes, though this ia probably a 2.5 Year tour so thay may wait til the Fall.

I really think they will release SOE in the spring. Doesn't make sense to me to have experience in the title for a bunch of shows without the album being out.

I thought that too but now I think experience will be the stadium tour in 2016. Innocence is arena.

First leg is innocence and late 2015 SOE released with massive touring in 2016 for experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

My guess for setlists (* = acoustic songs):

Night A

The Miracle
Volcano
City Of Blinding Lights
In God's Country
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For*
Iris*
Every Breaking Wave*
California*
Mysterious Ways
Two Hearts
The Crystal Ballroom
The Troubles
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Gloria
One

Night B

The Miracle
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Lemon
Volcano
Desire*
California*
Every Breaking Wave*
Raised By Wolves*
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Pride

MLK
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
One

Nice... just think there will be a little more stability in setlist with 6-8 different songs per night.
Also they usually play 23-25 Songs on previous tours.

Nice... just think there will be a little more stability in setlist with 6-8 different songs per night.
Also they usually play 23-25 Songs on previous tours.

How do you know that? Maybe they will change 16 songs from night 1 to night 2 and only keep the 7-8 SOI songs in the set. Or maybe they will switch only 2-3 songs and that would suck!

Acrobat, Please, North and South of the River and If You Wear that Velvet Dress with Jools Holland and Ground Beneath Feet with Salman Rushdie in London.

Yahweh,
there are a lot of moving parts and want to make sure the music is consistent. It will evolve over the 2+ year tour, but 6-8 to open the tour.

I completely disagree. I would guess maybe 2-4 songs will be the same from night 1 to night 2. They've said that they want it to be two completely different shows. Still, I can't see how they won't play Streets every night of the tour.

I'd also guess that night 2 will have some tracks from SoE - maybe Mercy, Soon, Stingray Guitar - regardless of whether they've released the album or not.

I think Night 1 will focus on the Boy- Unfortgetable Fire albums plus some hits and a smattering of songs from SOI

with Night 2 focussing on JT & Achtung Baby plus some from SOI and the hits

Yahweh,
there are a lot of moving parts and want to make sure the music is consistent. It will evolve over the 2+ year tour, but 6-8 to open the tour.

Sorry, I disagree....
Why would they add 2 nights in every cities and not just 1 (tickets aren't sold out everywhere). I think this might be the biggest proof that they are really planning on playing 2 very distinct setlists. I would see more like 4-5 songs will stay from night 1 to night 2, the rest will be shaken up!

My 2 cents.... :drool:

I'd go so far as to say maybe 33% difference between nights -- particularly if SoE is out soon or during the tour. I expect one night for innocence and one for experience, probably emphasizing different eras each night. That said, I keep coming back to Bono's comments about talking to his younger self during Volcano, and how that kind of time travel idea might crop up (I wonder if Bono's been reading X-Men over the last couple of years). Hell, they've already touched the idea with the Edge from the future bit in Miracle Drug back on Vertigo.

The name of the tour would suggest SOE is coming. Would be interesting to have full two albums of new music to play with in the setlist. Of course, SOE could also be left for 2016 stadium run.

Another idea suggested was Innocence means 80's songs, while Experience might mean more 90's or 00's.

Maybe Innocence night will be hits and singles and Experience night will get a fan vote.

Maybe its more a thematic thing rather than early career/late career thing.

Also have to assume both nights will have the bigger live hits - Streets, BD, Vertigo, Mysterious Ways plus SOI songs.

Then maybe 6 or 7 songs that change between the two nights. Or maybe it will be totally different.

As long as I have a good view though, they could play whatever.

Back
Top Bottom