HBO Concert-What Should they Play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't the broadcast two hours long? If that's the case then what's going to get cut?

I say:
the first rotational slot
until the end of the world
one of the e stage songs
zooropa
i will follow

Wtf. Why would they cut Zooropa, IWF, or UTEOW? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Zooropa is only a little over 2 minutes long and is a huge segue piece.
IWF is thematically important.
And UTEOW closes the first set fergodsakes.
I would guess they would cut one, if not both, of the e stage songs.
Possibly COBL or BD (they cut One from Elevation Boston, it's possible)
But it looks they won't even need to cut anything.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wich Paris Show Will be on HBO ? The 14' one, or à mix of Paris 1&2 ???

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Play what they did last night in Glasgow, that's all is needed

Wtf. Why would they cut Zooropa, IWF, or UTEOW? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Zooropa is only a little over 2 minutes long and is a huge segue piece.
IWF is thematically important.
And UTEOW closes the first set fergodsakes.
I would guess they would cut one, if not both, of the e stage songs.
Possibly COBL or BD (they cut One from Elevation Boston, it's possible)
But it looks they won't even need to cut anything.

If they cut anything, it would probably be 2nd slot, all of the e stage (just the rotational spots and maybe MW. EBW and October stay), and WOWY. All those songs are thematically expendable.

If they cut anything, it would probably be 2nd slot, all of the e stage (just the rotational spots and maybe MW. EBW and October stay), and WOWY. All those songs are thematically expendable.

Why would they cut parts that have been important to show? Especially cutting all of the e stage stuff? Come on now

They're not going to air anything that they haven't played a lot. They'll want everything to be perfect. I doubt we'll get Zoo Station, Magnificent, or Two Hearts, which is a shame since those should be played every night.

What they should do, just because it would make for a a really interesting and important U2 document, is only air things that have never been on a previous concert video.

Guess I was wrong about them skipping songs

Let's not panic yet. If they're cobbling together footage from three shows, that #2 slot missing tonight means very little.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they debut a new song for the special? Something perhaps dedicated to the memories of those lost in the attacks? I know it will not happen but would be cool!

Maybe Streets Of Surrender? Bono remembered basically all of the lyrics. Paris is in it and it references Christmas time.

Just seen a post on Twitter along the lines of "that's all Paris needs" regarding bono writing a song about it, people will genuinely use anything to bash Bono and the band with

Yep any excuse to hate u2 lol. I just read also that nme nominated U2 along with 1D and nickleback for the worst band of 2016! Lol I agree with 1D and NB but to put U2 in the same category for worst band as those two is just laughable! And nme nominated Kanye west for best artist or some lol! But hate aside (and who cares, haters will always hate anyway) a new song dedicated to Paris would be amazing! Maybe Bono can give that twitter dude the middle finger by playing a new song for Paris! :)

We don't even know if he's planning on using it as a U2 song - in the interview he said he'd been working on it with (for?) Zucchero, that Italian musician Bono's been onstage with before.

Just seen a post on Twitter along the lines of "that's all Paris needs" regarding bono writing a song about it, people will genuinely use anything to bash Bono and the band with

Here is the thing about social media.... You can post a story about the Pope saving puppies from a burning building and some people will find some fault with it and use some twisted logic to justify why either the Pope or the puppies deserved to die in said fire.

Your expectations of people are far too high, if you take the approach that people suck and are by in large just crap, you will never be disappointed in people and only can be pleasantly surprised when you come across someone genuinely good.

We don't even know if he's planning on using it as a U2 song - in the interview he said he'd been working on it with (for?) Zucchero, that Italian musician Bono's been onstage with before.

Well, they better release it cause if no one ever hears it, it will become the greatest song that U2 never released(i.e. The "Mercy Effect").

In fact, let me be the very first.....

"If U2 don't release that new song Streets of Surrender, they are dumb! That song would be the biggest hit since the Macarena and would dominate the charts. Those lyrics would lift a stadium off the ground and would be a bigger crowd pleaser than Streets."

Okay, the ball is in your court now Interference.

Anyone know if they'll be showing the Paris gig in the UK at all? I know it was originally meant to be shown on BBC but I've not seen any plans since it was rescheduled.

Were there two versions of the HBO special? One official and one leak?

The out-of-sync pro-shot HBO concert had the Patti Smith ending, but I just downloaded another HBO show that had the Eagles of Death Metal ending.

Were there two versions of the HBO special? One official and one leak?

The out-of-sync pro-shot HBO concert had the Patti Smith ending, but I just downloaded another HBO show that had the Eagles of Death Metal ending.

There should be three in total. There's the initial leak from the early November shows, then the two versions from 12/6 (the new 'just in case of technical difficulties' one) and 12/7 (EODM ending).

Back
Top Bottom