Use of e-stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-girl

Babyface
How often was the band on the e-stage? I have tickets near it and am hoping I don't miss out on most the action (since we didn't know there was going to be an I stage when tickets first came out). The videos seem to show alot of activity on the main stage and in the middle of the catwalk.

Did they actually do a set of songs on the e-stage?

Yes, and Bono did a bit of just him down there as well. I would only worry if you are directly on the end of the arena as you would miss out on the screens.

I made the e-stage tonight, so I can tell you this:

- Song for Someone - Bono
- Sunday Bloody Sunday - Edge (at the end)
- Raised By Wolves - Edge (at the beggining), Bono (at the end)
- Until The End Of The World - Bono
-------------
- Desire/Angel Of Harlem/The Sweetest Thing/When Love Comes To Town - Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry
- Every Breaking Wave - Bono, Edge
- Bad - Bono

They don't use it as much as many people think

After seeing both shows being at the e stage would be way better than the main stage. they use the catwalk so often and they are on the e stage more than enough to make it worth it. Plus if you're at the e stage you can always be looking one direction(towards the main stage) unless they are on the e stage. So unless you NEED "front" row the e stage looks way better to me. My buddy who was closer to main stage last night and on the e stage tonight agrees. In Montreal I'm totally going for the e stage. Screw the main stage where everyone will be jammed in like sardines.

If you look at the e-stage as a clock, I was at 6:30-7 (?), and yes, when they get there, it's great, but most of the time they're either at the main stage or at the catwalk or the screen.

Sure, if you HAVE to watch Bono, the 9 o'clock (where the catwalk meets the e-stage, either side) should be THE BEST position.
BUT, I think there's 2 more options to see a better show:

1 - 3 o'clock on the e-stage. Right next to their exit. You see the Main Stage, the catwalk and the e-stage (from the back) easily.

2 - Up against Red Zone, or if you can go farthest in the GA, the better. That way you can see everything, including the screen.

If you look at the e-stage as a clock, I was at 6:30-7 (?), and yes, when they get there, it's great, but most of the time they're either at the main stage or at the catwalk or the screen.

Sure, if you HAVE to watch Bono, the 9 o'clock (where the catwalk meets the e-stage, either side) should be THE BEST position.
BUT, I think there's 2 more options to see a better show:

1 - 3 o'clock on the e-stage. Right next to their exit. You see the Main Stage, the catwalk and the e-stage (from the back) easily.

2 - Up against Red Zone, or if you can go farthest in the GA, the better. That way you can see everything, including the screen.

I don't think I will care too much about the screen when I'm in GA. I've seen it so the screen is secondary and if I can't see it so be it. Not a big deal.

The 3 o'clock on the e stage would be right behind where Larry's drumkit was for WLCTT right?

The 3 o'clock on the e stage would be right behind where Larry's drumkit was for WLCTT right?

Larry was actually like at 5 o'clock tonight. But yeah, you'd see his back that whole time.
And you's have to say goodbye to the screen.

But you'd had un-obstructed view of the main stage and the catwalk.
Being on ANY stage front rail will make it hard to look at the catwalk.

Ok, I'm trying to work out your o'clocks. So you're calling north 12 o'clock, south 6 o'clock, catwalk 9 o'clock? Pepo, what would12 o'clock & 6 o'clock be like for views of that giant screen (would be nice to have views of the screen for when the band's not close by, & for the cool visuals like Cedarwood Rd).

I do like the idea of 3 o'clock, to look down the catwalk to the main stage. I had a similar spot for Vertigo stadium shows by a b-stage. But in that case, the band often faced this direction towards the crowd, & the rail was close by. But for i+e, Iguess the rail is a long way away, because of the stairs, & I'm guessing the band doesn't face this way much?

Back
Top Bottom