U2 to perform on TFI Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's too bad Bono was having voice issues, but I agree that he adapted pretty well. People LOVE to shoot him down. It wasn't "Sarajevo bad", you could just tell he wasn't on top form. The low notes are actually what he struggles with most.

There was a time that Silverchair performed "Straight lines" on jay Leno, and Daniel Johns voice was CONPLETELY shot. I recommend looking it up, he really adapts quite well, and it actually made for a better performance because it was such a raw and REAL moment.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Anybody seen the U2 hate on the nme Facebook page? Quite embarrassing really.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

Never going to change unfortunately, sad to see it all the time, and yet they carry on selling out shows in the uk

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I have had a few drinks tonight,so have went on the offensive on the nme Facebook page!

I have had a few drinks tonight,so have went on the offensive on the nme Facebook page!

Haha go for it!!! And as for the article in the mirror that is genuinely the worst paper ever in the uk

I don't even acknowledge the mirror, toilet paper! As for nme,if it isn't oasis or the stone roses. Forget it!

There's a heck of a lot of hate for U2 amongst my acquaintances, friends and work colleagues in the UK. I'm literally the only person amongst the people I know who likes them. All I hear is "Bono is a ****". One good thing Is my wife hated them when Ifirst met her, she gave it the usual "I hate Bono" but the funny thing was she liked U2 songs. Anyway, I've now converted her and she can't wait to go and see her 2nd&3rd IE shows next month :)

There's a heck of a lot of hate for U2 amongst my acquaintances, friends and work colleagues in the UK. I'm literally the only person amongst the people I know who likes them. All I hear is "Bono is a ****". One good thing Is my wife hated them when Ifirst met her, she gave it the usual "I hate Bono" but the funny thing was she liked U2 songs. Anyway, I've now converted her and she can't wait to go and see her 2nd&3rd IE shows next month :)

Try actually asking them why they hate Bono and they really won't be able to tell you in any detail

My wife was a Bono hater until she saw him live with me on 360. She was genuinely impressed.

Bono has been a polarizing character since he first climbed a scaffolding and waves a white flag 30+ years ago. People want their rock stars to sing about booze, drugs and sluts. How else can you explain why Motley Crüe still sellout arenas?!

And yes, NME is a totally worthless rag that doesn't know what it wants to be now that oasis are no more.

Last edited:
Anyone got the extended version with sfs and ofc?

My wife was a Bono hater until she saw him live with me on 360. She was genuinely impressed.

Bono has been a polarizing character since he first climbed a scaffolding and waves a white flag 30+ years ago. People want their rock stars to sing about booze, drugs and sluts. How else can you explain why Motley Crüe still sellout arenas?!

I know, Kiss, Bon Jovi and Van Halen are popular for a reason. but controversial characters are definitely needed for this current time. opinionated people like Joe Strummer, Tom Morello, Roger Waters and all would have some haters all the time, but I love them.

Haven't listen to it yet. Don't think I will. Not liking Bono's voice thesedays. I find the SOI Acoustic Sessions embarrassing, cringeworthy and generally terrible to listen to. His voice seems to operate in very narrow parameters and outside of that it's shite.

Haven't listen to it yet. Don't think I will. Not liking Bono's voice thesedays. I find the SOI Acoustic Sessions embarrassing, cringeworthy and generally terrible to listen to. His voice seems to operate in very narrow parameters and outside of that it's shite.

I can agree that the SOI acostic sessions inst good in terms of Bonos voice, he is a bit hoarse and tired there.
Seems like they stressed out that release.

Listend to these instead versions of the songs instead, you wont be dissapointed:

All songs sound the same is very odd, those who says that have probaly not listend to Pop, Zooropa and SOI and compared them to JT and ATYCLB.

actually some people who complain about U2 never know U2 went electronica in the 90s. nobody knows what POP is, nobody know songs in Zooropa.

I won't even entertain anybody's criticisms anymore, because they're always just rants about how Bono is a hypocrite for daring to discuss poverty when he himself so rich. I've never understood that 'logic', when they fail to criticise any of the thousands of other celebrities who enjoy their millions without a single mention of poverty. If they had half a brain cell, I'd recommend that they read Conversations With Bono, as he really displays his in-depth, complex knowledge of these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I won't even entertain anybody's criticisms anymore, because they're always just rants about how Bono is a hypocrite for daring to discuss poverty when he himself so rich. I've never understood that 'logic', when they fail to criticise any of the thousands of other celebrities who enjoy their millions without a single mention of poverty. If they had half a brain cell, I'd recommend that they read Conversations With Bono, as he really displays his in-depth, complex knowledge of these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That criticism is easy to understand... it's called envy.

They don't want to hear Bono tell them they should help getting the poor on their feet (note he never actually tells people to donate but that's ALWAYS used in these people's arguments), because Bono is so rich. They want to be rich themselves, so they consider themselves as poor in this situation, ignoring the actual poor people for the sake of it, and feel that if Bono wants them to donate to the poor it is injust because he's richer than their are. So either Bono needs to donate all his money to the poor, or just give it to them. Simple egoism, really.

That's the thing, he never actually asks people to donate. He realizes that telethons and things like that are like putting a bandaid on a knife wound. Nobody wants to believe this, cause it's easier to hate rich old Bono.

The underlying position of people who rag on Bono is that they resent him because he thinks things can and should be better, and they disagree. There are entire political parties devoted to this can't-do attitude, and there's nothing that the lazy and bitter hate more than people who are active and realistic (something that they misconstrue as being positive).

Bono's a bit annoying, but he always has been, and it's possible to disagree with positions he takes, but the people who reflexively hate him don't know enough about his views (or even the situations that he has opinions about) to criticize them. Not that they have to, because his do-gooderism is enough for them to hate.

Oh, and don't get me started on talking about Edge hate among guitar community some shredders are furious toward Edge.

Oh, and don't get me started on talking about Edge hate among guitar community some shredders are furious toward Edge.

PREACH IT :love:
They both get a lot of shit over them, and I must say I'm glad that they don't seem to be concerned to give a fuck about it all. :rockon:

PREACH IT :love:
They both get a lot of shit over them, and I must say I'm glad that they don't seem to be concerned to give a fuck about it all. :rockon:

I remember he said "it's fine that some people complain about SOI release method" during radio interview last year.

About his playing, there were lots of people in popular bands in the 80s (and 90s) who didnt buy into the idea of longer and complex the solos the better. you know, people like Johnny Marr, EDGE, Billy Duffy from the Cult, Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, Andy Summers, etc but U2 got hugely popular and people hate him. actually some shredders kinda hate all of people i listed and that's not even a right attitude

Back
Top Bottom