U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you tell me how AXS worked with regards to buying for two London shows? Can you do them both in the same transaction or do you have to enter the waiting room and start again for the second ticket?

For europe its only two tickets for one show,you cant split them. Its only in america where this can be done

For europe its only two tickets for one show,you cant split them. Its only in america where this can be done

Lots of people here have claimed to have got tickets to two separate London shows though?

As per U2.com - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

I have a hard time believing they can enforce this.

I've lived in houses with the same billing address, but multiple apartments (no, we didn't have apt numbers, just our own mailboxes, it's common all over downtown Toronto). This would imply that two unrelated neighbours are unable to buy tickets.

I'm not saying that they aren't SAYING this to people, but I find it difficult to believe it's actually a policy they will follow.

My point is: Do it at your own risk.

2 GA for Glasgow with iNNOCENCE code that I signed up for last night. Took less than 5 mins. Delighted.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

2 GA for Glasgow with iNNOCENCE code that I signed up for last night. Took less than 5 mins. Delighted.

I'm sitting at my desk in work in Glasgow feeling sick at the thought I could buy tickets just now for the Hydro. We've decided to go to Vancouver and see them there and the pre sale doesn't open until 6 tonight. Horrible waiting around!

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

My point is: Do it at your own risk.

The TM rep I spoke to before the madness began told me twice that if a "manager" in reviewing purchases "came across" two sales that looked fishy, only the one that exceeded the limit would be cancelled. The original purchase in compliance with the rules would stand. I asked him to confirm that at the end of our call.

Now...we were talking about 2 members buying 2 tickets each in one household, not someone going on a serious run for tickets that far exceeded the limits. I think if one were to do that, they'd probably have all their sales cancelled.

Last night someone claimed that they saw a post in another thread where someone's purchases had already been cancelled by TM. I couldn't find this thread...has anyone seen this story?

Sent from my ass crack

Gonna try the Fan Club bundle today to try to get GA tickets for at least one MSG show. Wonder if it'll just be an extra $50 and you'll get the fanclub access, etc.

Also wonder how many times I can do that bundle if I wanted to do it for multiple shows :reject:

Gonna try the Fan Club bundle today to try to get GA tickets for at least one MSG show. Wonder if it'll just be an extra $50 and you'll get the fanclub access, etc.

Also wonder how many times I can do that bundle if I wanted to do it for multiple shows :reject:

It should be the added $50 and give you a membership, you'll only be able to do it once per person/credit card.

The TM rep I spoke to before the madness began told me twice that if a "manager" in reviewing purchases "came across" two sales that looked fishy, only the one that exceeded the limit would be cancelled. The original purchase in compliance with the rules would stand. I asked him to confirm that at the end of our call.

Now...we were talking about 2 members buying 2 tickets each in one household, not someone going on a serious run for tickets that far exceeded the limits. I think if one were to do that, they'd probably have all their sales cancelled.

Last night someone claimed that they saw a post in another thread where someone's purchases had already been cancelled by TM. I couldn't find this thread...has anyone seen this story?

Sent from my ass crack
http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,25496.0.html

I had the same convo with 2 different TM reps. Someone on @U2 forum mentioned their order was canceled for this reason. And the Zoomods are currently reiterating this point on Twitter.

Last edited:
Just bought two tickets for London shows, two different dates, and had to buy them by logging into the AXS site again. I was able to have two browser windows open to make life easy, however, once i had purchased one i could only by another single ticket. The site knew i had one and so they seem to be controlling numbers as they said they would.
Just thought this might help anyone still trying.

My wife and I both have U2.com memberships. If we buy 2 tickets for two different shows, using different credit cards, will we be ok?

My wife and I both have U2.com memberships. If we buy 2 tickets for two different shows, using different credit cards, will we be ok?

As long as the transaction does not have matching information - billing address, phone number, etc.

Made a second TM account with a different billing address in case I want to try to buy another pair of tickets in the fan club bundle. Not sure yet.

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,25496.0.html

I had the same convo with 2 different TM reps. Someone on @U2 forum mentioned their order was canceled for this reason. And the Zoomods are currently reiterating this point on Twitter.

Ok. But the story was relayed - as stories sometimes do, a bit exaggerated- that ALL of their purchases had been cancelled. Looks like it's just whatever transaction is considered above and beyond the limit. Not the first one that complied with the limit. This makes sense, because there were so many problems you can well imagine that people bought twice in error even.

Sent from my ass crack

Hey if they want to do a "paired show" theme then they should allow us to buy 2 shows. Also, does anybody find it annoying that Ticketmaster wants you to "beat the bots" by typing in ridiculous phrases before ticket searches? Isn't it THEIR job to beat the bots!!?

Based on all this, to be honest I'm already feeling very meh about this tour.

They want to cancel my husband's tix which I intend to buy today, go ahead, we'll try to pick some up in the general sale or simply won't go. The idiocy is appalling.

My wife and I have separate accounts. I think the main thing is to have:

1. Separate TM accounts.
2. Use a different CC on each purchase.

Had no problems last two tours...

So I'm doing a preliminary check on the Ticketmaster app for the Los Angeles Forum shows, and when I start scrolling down for types of seats I'm seeing these 3 options:

GA STANDING
GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR (STANDING ROOM)
GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR - NO TICKETFAST

Have no clue what the difference is. Will selecting any of these result in the same GA tickets? Or will selecting "Best Available" give me GAs as well?

My wife and I have separate accounts. I think the main thing is to have:

1. Separate TM accounts.
2. Use a different CC on each purchase.

Had no problems last two tours...

So they're not checking by subscription code? Only by address and CC?

So they're not checking by subscription code? Only by address and CC?

We have two separate U2.com accounts, with two separate U2.com codes. They check the codes also. Can't just use the same for each person.

Got 2 GA tickets for opening night in Vancouver in about minute with the phone app!

Back
Top Bottom