U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long time U2 fan, and paid member of fanclub, but first time contributor here.

Maybe a little tip for everybody. Bought 2 tickets GA for O2 London october 30th. Then tried the same code for Amsterdam and managed to pull out two tickets for september 8th. Seems ticketsystems for different countries aren't corresponding with each other.:hyper:

I don't think that's how it works. Did you buy both through Ticketmaster? They will be putting a delay on sending out the tickets in order to make sure no one double-dipped.

At least, that's my understanding.

Maybe a little tip for everybody. Bought 2 tickets GA for O2 London october 30th. Then tried the same code for Amsterdam and managed to pull out two tickets for september 8th. Seems ticketsystems for different countries aren't corresponding with each other.:hyper:

Hate to say, but I did see in another thread that someone tried this, and purchased tix, but they were all later cancelled by the company. Don't know if this was different countries or not. But I'd be careful.

I really wanted a third ticket but I didn't want to chance the two across the tour, total statement. If you did it through the ticketmaster homepage and not the U2 tour site, you could have a chance.

I have an important question, please. I keep reading about the dissatisfaction buyers had in the innocence group and my thought was that I would put my two experience slots towards getting tickets for my parents, that turned out to be ga in london 29th. My question was, do I have to line up with them for the whole length of getting into the venue or can I just show the bouncers that they're my parents and go to a seat I could buy in the general sale?

My impression is that going for additional ga in the general sale, would be a death wish.

Anybody knows if the 2 ticket limit for the presale works for the code or the buyer's personal info? Cause I bought 2 tickets today using a friend's experience code and I have my own innocence code for tomorrow.

You're going to need to make the purchases on separate accounts, with separate billing addresses.

Anybody knows if the 2 ticket limit for the presale works for the code or the buyer's personal info? Cause I bought 2 tickets today using a friend's experience code and I have my own innocence code for tomorrow.

I bought the exact same way, and Ticketmaster just cares for the credit card money. You shouldn't worry.
The code is just the access to the presale.

Hate to say, but I did see in another thread that someone tried this, and purchased tix, but they were all later cancelled by the company. Don't know if this was different countries or not. But I'd be careful.

I think the Ticketmaster page says if someone does this they risk losing all tickets without notice (even though the system appears to allow purchasing beyond the maximum).

I first subscribed years ago and was a current subscriber as of 9/9/14. But I wasn't put in the EXPERIENCE group.

I guess tomorrow I find out if there are any good tickets left. If not, so be it...

Did your subscription lapse prior to 9/9?

I bought the exact same way, and Ticketmaster just cares for the credit card money. You shouldn't worry.
The code is just the access to the presale.

It's been made very clear by Ticketmaster to several people who called that if you buy more than two tickets with the same billing address, you will lose all of your purchased tickets.

I checked my account, I was a longtime member, and let it lapse, but renewed on 9/9/14, but was put in innocence group. This thing hit so fast I had no chance to complain to support. Their servers are so slow, I put in a request to change password, it took about 12-14 hrs to hit my email

I first subscribed years ago and was a current subscriber as of 9/9/14. But I wasn't put in the EXPERIENCE group.

I guess tomorrow I find out if there are any good tickets left. If not, so be it...

If you let your account lapse and signed up after the new album came out, you get put in the Innocence group.

Our 'INNOCENCE' group, who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the latest album in September 9, 2014, enter early on the second day. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215B...

Is the ticket limit for the whole tour or just per show? I'd like to go to 2 of the NY shows and maybe Boston. Can I buy 2 for NY1, 4 for NY2 and 4 for Boston?

Thanks!

Is the ticket limit for the whole tour or just per show? I'd like to go to 2 of the NY shows and maybe Boston. Can I buy 2 for NY1, 4 for NY2 and 4 for Boston?

Thanks!

For the presale tomorrow you can only buy 2 tickets TOTAL, either 1 ticket to 2 different shows or 2 tickets to one show.

For the general sale on Monday you could try for the rest.

Thanks!

I've asked this same question as well. The verbiage on Ticketmaster is vague and can be taken either way. For Monday's general sale, some interrupt it to mean you can only buy 4 tickets TOTAL for the day (meaning you can't do what you described). Others think it means 4 tickets total per individual show.

I sent an email to Ticketmaster's help center earlier today, but haven't heard back. I haven't been able to get through by phone.

Was anyone able to select their actual seats from the seating chart, or did the computer pull "best available" from your chosen section?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's been made very clear by Ticketmaster to several people who called that if you buy more than two tickets with the same billing address, you will lose all of your purchased tickets.

I have a hard time believing they can enforce this.

I've lived in houses with the same billing address, but multiple apartments (no, we didn't have apt numbers, just our own mailboxes, it's common all over downtown Toronto). This would imply that two unrelated neighbours are unable to buy tickets.

I'm not saying that they aren't SAYING this to people, but I find it difficult to believe it's actually a policy they will follow.

Was anyone able to select their actual seats from the seating chart, or did the computer pull "best available" from your chosen section?

As soon as you see those two option tabs, immediately hit ' find seats for me'.
Otherwise TM will try to launch the Choose seats option which is always overwhelmed by demand in a show like this. Ticketmaster will attempt it, spin, then give you a message its too busy for the map and switch you to Find seats for me and start again. So save some time spinning in 'choose seats on the map' and click "find best seats."

I have a hard time believing they can enforce this.

I've lived in houses with the same billing address, but multiple apartments (no, we didn't have apt numbers, just our own mailboxes, it's common all over downtown Toronto). This would imply that two unrelated neighbours are unable to buy tickets.

I'm not saying that they aren't SAYING this to people, but I find it difficult to believe it's actually a policy they will follow.

A year ago, I'd agree. But same postal code, unit number before address, now, ticket fuckheads seem t put more effort into this than upgrading their site.

A year ago, I'd agree. But same postal code, unit number before address, now, ticket fuckheads seem t put more effort into this than upgrading their site.

That's my point though, there IS no unit number and yet the place could have 5 or 6 different units.

Are all GA's going to be CC entry? Even for the general sale? Also, is it bad to be signed in to your TM account on PC and app and search for tickets at the same time? Or will TM nerf you if you try to do that? Sorry for all the questions?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Alright, my dad and I are going to burn our experience code tomorrow on getting 2 more GA tickets for the LA show on the 30th to ensure we have all the tickets we need for that show. Then I guess we are going to try our luck with the second show on Monday.

What do y'all think the chances are for picking up 3 GA tickets for these shows is on Monday?

Also, is it bad to be signed in to your TM account on PC and app and search for tickets at the same time? Or will TM nerf you if you try to do that?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

This is exactly what I did today and it worked. Would not allow 2 browsers on the computer using the same code, though. Use the website and the app, and take what comes through first.

Alright, my dad and I are going to burn our experience code tomorrow on getting 2 more GA tickets for the LA show on the 30th to ensure we have all the tickets we need for that show. Then I guess we are going to try our luck with the second show on Monday.

What do y'all think the chances are for picking up 3 GA tickets for these shows is on Monday?

Do you and your dad have separate billing addresses for the credit cards you're using? My dad and I are both U2.com members and only one of us can use our codes because we have the same billing address for our separate credit cards, otherwise Ticketmaster will cancel our orders. So now I have to hope I can get 2 GA's for Vancouver night 1 during tomorrow's presale, then hope I can get 2 GA's for Vancouver night 2 during Monday's on sale. Which is bullshit.

Do you and your dad have separate billing addresses for the credit cards you're using? My dad and I are both U2.com members and only one of us can use our codes because we have the same billing address for our separate credit cards, otherwise Ticketmaster will cancel our orders. So now I have to hope I can get 2 GA's for Vancouver night 1 during tomorrow's presale, then hope I can get 2 GA's for Vancouver night 2 during Monday's on sale. Which is bullshit.

Hm, I'm not sure. He made a second Ticketmaster account for tomorrow but I would assume he is using the same address. Should I have him change it?

Hm, I'm not sure. He made a second Ticketmaster account for tomorrow but I would assume he is using the same address. Should I have him change it?

Yes, change it, otherwise Ticketmaster will cancel the order. The two ticket limit counts for everyone with the same billing address, even if you're using separate credit cards.

I think I managed because tickets were handled by ASX in the UK and not Ticketmaster.

I think I managed because tickets were handled by ASX in the UK and not Ticketmaster.

Can you tell me how AXS worked with regards to buying for two London shows? Can you do them both in the same transaction or do you have to enter the waiting room and start again for the second ticket?

Back
Top Bottom