U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know people generally despise Ticketmaster, but yesterday I had some pretty good luck during the pre-sale. I "gave up" about 7 different pairs of tickets, all in the upper levels, 204, 203 etc. and was hoping for some GA to pop. Low and behold, after about 10 minutes of "give up, search again" two GA's did pop up... now, on to the airfare...

And completely unrelated:

- Can someone use someone else's presale code, if it's unused? No billing address / same cc conflicts involved, just a straight "I can't use my code, here buy tickets on your own info" type deal
Yeah, the code will just gain access to the sale, TM doesn't know who the code belongs to.

I know people generally despise Ticketmaster, but yesterday I had some pretty good luck during the pre-sale. I "gave up" about 7 different pairs of tickets, all in the upper levels, 204, 203 etc. and was hoping for some GA to pop. Low and behold, after about 10 minutes of "give up, search again" two GA's did pop up... now, on to the airfare...

Were you not able to just search for GA? On the "section" drop down, one of my choices was GA and I just left price as "Best available" and the first thing that came up was a pair of GA.

I'm really scared about my tickets being killed by Ticketmaster... and I've already bought them. I got 2 GA tickets on thursday for one night.

Today my mom got 2 + a standard subscription and 2+ premium subscription for another night. But since we live at the same address won't they cancel them all?? Please Help!

I'm in the same boat as you Loststar. This is my first presale ever and didn't read the part that said limit 2 per billing address/ cc. Thought the limit was per membership code.

My husband purchased a U2 membership and bought 1 ticket. I also purchased a membership and then purchased 2 tickets, using the same cc/ billing address.
So now I'm not sure what's going to happen. Should I contact Ticketmaster?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think anyone is going to to be reluctant to offer advice as it could go either way but if it were me, knowing what Ive been told and past history, I can only say I'd keep my lip zipped and hope for the best.

Sent from my ass crack

Well...sad to say, that it seems having a TM account for me is not possible, b/c having a credit card is impossible. Having paid my card off and closed the account, it's impossible for me to open a new one. (Don't ask.)

So it looks as if my only option to have my friend buying for me on Monday or after:

1)as a "prole"--at the TM site itself, NOT through U2.com;

2) preferably on the TM app for faster service, though he can have a browser open to the site on a PC at the same time;

3)he'd have to use a different computer than the one he used for the presale, from someone who lives at a different address, (a friend's computer) since TM now tracks the IP address too?!?!?

4)under a different name, with a different card and billing address;

5)and this would be all for a show that I would have to go to with him, since this makes buying for another city impossible, but I checked with him and it might be doable for me to go to his show too;

6)He could buy the ticket for me, or 2 tickets to this show, and door staff only asks for HIS verification as the buyer of the ticket?

It sounds as if he's going to have to find a friend to buy the tix, (3 of them) and for that someone else to go to the show with us to be the "designated ID Provider".:angry: Am I correct? B/c even if he's able to borrow an identity to get tix with, he can't be that someone at the door...amirite?

Why not just use a debit card?

So just to confirm things for MY situation:

I already have one ticket for London 3 and another for London 4 that I got with my presale code. My mate wants to come to London 4 with me but can't escape work Monday morning to try & get a ticket. He's given me the money to buy him one. So his ticket and mine for London 4 will be on the same cc, and I'll have 3 tickets in total, which is no problem, right?

So just to confirm things for MY situation:

I already have one ticket for London 3 and another for London 4 that I got with my presale code. My mate wants to come to London 4 with me but can't escape work Monday morning to try & get a ticket. He's given me the money to buy him one. So his ticket and mine for London 4 will be on the same cc, and I'll have 3 tickets in total, which is no problem, right?

Doesn't sound like you are breaking any rules there

what were the rules for Europe? 2 per show? He may have an issue if 3 are on the same card, even though one isn't for him.

2 per show max in the presale, 4 in the general. I can't see how 3 tickets over 2 different nights is a problem, but who knows, it's all a bit of a shambles how unclear it all is:lol:

what were the rules for Europe? 2 per show? He may have an issue if 3 are on the same card, even though one isn't for him.

2 for the presale code. :) Nowhere it says anything for general sale. I'm buying for a couple mates as well while I already bought 2 Amsterdam tickets, don't expect this to be a problem.

I'm totally confused now, so if I bought 2 tickets in pre-sale, can I buy 2 more in the general sale for the same show (Amsterdam 1 in my case)? I don't see FAQ anymore on u2.com...

I'm totally confused now, so if I bought 2 tickets in pre-sale, can I buy 2 more in the general sale for the same show (Amsterdam 1 in my case)? I don't see FAQ anymore on u2.com...

Yes, you can buy whatever the limit is for the general sale. One has nothing to do with the other.

I'm in shock...

I've got 2 ticket for the Turin concert, but in 3 minutes we did enter the page to buy the ticket and they're all sold, only the 195 euro was available and my hubby take it anyway for me.. I'm happy to go, but I feel so guilty.. why on earth they costs so much!??? It's not a vip package either, just 2 sector!!!

I've got 2 ticket for the Turin concert, but in 3 minutes we did enter the page to buy the ticket and they're all sold, only the 195 euro was available and my hubby take it anyway for me.. I'm happy to go, but I feel so guilty.. why on earth they costs so much!??? It's not a vip package either, just 2 sector!!!

Keep trying! Cologne showed as sold out in a matter of seconds but 20 minutes later I've managed to grab a GA ticket.

I wish you could at least view the ticket price ranges prior to the tickets going on sale. Honestly how hard would that be?

Also reading through this thread I can't help but think people intentionally create confusion for themselves.

seems that Berlin, Cologne and Turin are practically sold out. Amsterdam sale starts in 15 minutes but I'm trying already for 30 minutes to enter ticket website.....:lol:

I wish you could at least view the ticket price ranges prior to the tickets going on sale. Honestly how hard would that be?

Also reading through this thread I can't help but think people intentionally create confusion for themselves.

With ticketmaster you could, but now like just before sales open they closed it down.

I cannot see general standing for London O2.

Lower block seats are £180. No way am I paying that.

Rip off.

No idea how fast these tickets are selling for London through AXS but judging by the info there were 1650 GA tickets available in the presale and only 3125 available this morning. I got one within 4 minutes.

Keep trying though, the system's probably a bit rushed at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom