U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, you can get 4 more tickets on Monday.

ah, does this apply in the uk? Don't see why it wouldn't, like.

i.e. the member code could be used for 2 tickets but I can buy another one (for a mate) on Monday morning if I'm quick enough...?

Got to the computer about 8 minutes after the release time due to work obligations. Wanted red zone for MSG but was already sold out by then. Ended up getting a pair of tickets in the middle of the first level as a consolation prize. :D

Congrats to those who got what they wanted today and good luck to those buying on Monday!

Not a dumb question, I tried to make that as clear as possible in the first post, but this sale is just hard to understand. Yes, you can buy up to four more tickets on Monday. I think that's up to four per show, but that's never been confirmed.

Four tickets total, or four per show? I thought it was the latter.

There is no per show limit afaik.

The rep I spoke to said I could get 4 on Monday, and another 8 on Tuesday.

That may sound crazy, but the reality is that they don't need to limit sales after the first hour: the market will do a great job of that all on its own.

Sent from my ass crack

I paid for the subscription to get either RedZone or GA here in Vancouver. The first doesn't seem to be available and GA is not showing up. :sad:

Not a dumb question, I tried to make that as clear as possible in the first post, but this sale is just hard to understand. Yes, you can buy up to four more tickets on Monday. I think that's up to four per show, but that's never been confirmed.

Myself and others have brought this up a few times. I emailed Ticketmaster yesterday and finally got a response. They said:

Thanks for reaching out and I'll review your request for you!
Good news! You can buy as many tickets as you'd like for each individual U2 date for as long as you do not exceed each of the venue's ticket limits for that show at that particular venue.

So it sounds like, theoretically, you could buy tickets to every show if you wanted as long as you don't exceed 4 at one particular show.

Monday is a GENERAL PUBLIC SALE. They can't stop people from buying tickets to any and all shows they want. So Monday is basically open season. The only thing they can limit you on is tickets per show but they cannot limit you on shows.

I'm really scared about my tickets being killed by Ticketmaster... and I've already bought them. I got 2 GA tickets on thursday for one night.
Today my mom got 2 + a standard subscription and 2+ premium subscription for another night. But since we live at the same address won't they cancel them all?? Please Help!

Okay...

Here's the situation.....CONFUSED....

In the old days it was so easy. I have a presale code I'd pass along to a friend who had the time to stay home and do this stuff while I was at work, he'd get the tix, in return for him doing the work I'd let him have some of them, along with the money.
No longer...this credit card bit has killed all that. HOW are they expecting families to be able to go to this tour? Older fans want to take their older kids and the "kids" want to make the little ones fans, yes? I feel we are in for a fan bloodbath of Vertigo proportions. A tour of one-timing couples. Ugh, such fun. Kills the whole culture.

ANYWAY...here's my question.

Friend has met their Presale ticket limit, so I assume they can't use their code for the rest of the tour. Monday it is. So:

1)Friend is buying for me since I can't stay home Monday. But he's going to a different city then me. I want to go to NYC.

2)So is this scenario possible...he gets a different TM account than the one he used in the presale, gets a different credit card (should it be under another name as well as billing address?) and gets me one ticket to NY. Even though he used his presale code and GA tix limit, your info on page one says a total of 14 for whole tour.

Here's where I'm confused...if you can only use your code to buy 2 tix for entire tour, where does the 14 limit come in? I'm sure I'll get tix through an added show, not Monday. Are all added dates going onsale at same time, or is it going to be like the first dates (a presale for each show, followed by a general sale for each show, show by show?) And I want a seat, NOT GA.

3) Is the nightmare of ALL non-GA tix in the US credit-card only true? please say it isn't...should I call TM for info on this, or does anyone know about NY? Will it be possible for someone to buy for a person who wants to go to a different city then the buyer? And the buyer can't be there to vouch for credit card?

4)Is getting a TM account free, could I sign up right now, or do I have to pay for one? What kind of info do they ask for? It does sound dubious, my friend going all that way to get a ticket for me, then trusting TM to do the right thing if he can "transfer" his bought ticket to my account. Do I have to give credit card info to TM to do this? B/c believe it or not, I just paid my card off and closed my account.

So it sounds like my friend should do this, correct me if I am wrong:

1) get a different TM account, using all different info, even diff name. (I'm thinking if TM sees same name it'll think "fishy."

2)On Monday, (or in general sales thereafter), should he try as a U2.com member but NOT using a presale code, or should he just try as a "lumpen prole"? I would not want his tix he has cancelled.

3) Best to try through the TM app if possible, and yes, he CAN be trying on his laptop as well?

4)In order for me to get in, if I decide I don't want to chance the "transfer" to my TM account, would he be able to buy another ticket for me to an added show he won't be going to, but he could come along on the day and present ID to staff? OR is it possible to get seats for me "as a prole", and on the day show his ID to staff to let me in, before he goes to his GA line and goes in? Ugh, am I making any sense?!?!

Ninny in NY:)

PS. it's going to be a nightmare for people who want to trade and get rid of unwanted tix, but can't do it b/c of the credit card only issue. How can they trade tix if venue staff will only let the actual buyer of the ticket in? I'm checking the "What do you want?" thread and thinking, that thread is useless b/c most trading will be put out of business by the photo ID issue. people are going to be P****D.

I hope TM makes it damned easy to "transfer" tix, b/c otherwise, it'll have to be, "Larry to the rescue"....in the past, I used to get tix after the brouahaha died down. Hope so this time.

Here's the situation.....CONFUSED....

In the old days it was so easy. I have a presale code I'd pass along to a friend who had the time to stay home and do this stuff while I was at work, he'd get the tix, in return for him doing the work I'd let him have some of them, along with the money.
No longer...this credit card bit has killed all that. HOW are they expecting families to be able to go to this tour? Older fans want to take their older kids and the "kids" want to make the little ones fans, yes? I feel we are in for a fan bloodbath of Vertigo proportions. A tour of one-timing couples. Ugh, such fun. Kills the whole culture.

ANYWAY...here's my question.

Friend has met their Presale ticket limit, so I assume they can't use their code for the rest of the tour. Monday it is. So:

1)Friend is buying for me since I can't stay home Monday. But he's going to a different city then me. I want to go to NYC.

2)So is this scenario possible...he gets a different TM account than the one he used in the presale, gets a different credit card (should it be under another name as well as billing address?) and gets me one ticket to NY. Even though he used his presale code and GA tix limit, your info on page one says a total of 14 for whole tour.

Here's where I'm confused...if you can only use your code to buy 2 tix for entire tour, where does the 14 limit come in? I'm sure I'll get tix through an added show, not Monday. Are all added dates going onsale at same time, or is it going to be like the first dates (a presale for each show, followed by a general sale for each show, show by show?) And I want a seat, NOT GA.

3) Is the nightmare of ALL non-GA tix in the US credit-card only true? please say it isn't...should I call TM for info on this, or does anyone know about NY? Will it be possible for someone to buy for a person who wants to go to a different city then the buyer? And the buyer can't be there to vouch for credit card?

4)Is getting a TM account free, could I sign up right now, or do I have to pay for one? What kind of info do they ask for? It does sound dubious, my friend going all that way to get a ticket for me, then trusting TM to do the right thing if he can "transfer" his bought ticket to my account. Do I have to give credit card info to TM to do this? B/c believe it or not, I just paid my card off and closed my account.

So it sounds like my friend should do this, correct me if I am wrong:

1) get a different TM account, using all different info, even diff name. (I'm thinking if TM sees same name it'll think "fishy."

2)On Monday, (or in general sales thereafter), should he try as a U2.com member but NOT using a presale code, or should he just try as a "lumpen prole"? I would not want his tix he has cancelled.

3) Best to try through the TM app if possible, and yes, he CAN be trying on his laptop as well?

4)In order for me to get in, if I decide I don't want to chance the "transfer" to my TM account, would he be able to buy another ticket for me to an added show he won't be going to, but he could come along on the day and present ID to staff? OR is it possible to get seats for me "as a prole", and on the day show his ID to staff to let me in, before he goes to his GA line and goes in? Ugh, am I making any sense?!?!

Ninny in NY:)

Monday is the public sale so no need for codes anymore. Its open to everyone.
If your friend is buying tickets for you, open a Ticketmaster account ( its free) and add your credit card payment information to it.
Your friend can then log in using your email and password and buy your tickets.
This way, they're charged to your card and in your name.
Some are saying you can use a prepaid credit card, TM says you can't,so you'd have to decide to take a chance or not with that part.

But then you use your card to get into the show, its all under your name.
I'm buying for someone else who can't from their job on Monday also. I have her TM log in info plus her c c info because sometimes on checkout, TM likes to ask for verification.
Once you have a TM account , your friend can download the app and log into that as you. The account will be tied to your cc payment info, so again the tickets are in your name.
Hope this helps.

Monday is the public sale so no need for codes anymore. Its open to everyone.
If your friend is buying tickets for you, open a Ticketmaster account ( its free) and add your credit card payment information to it.
Your friend can then log in using your email and password and buy your tickets.
This way, they're charged to your card and in your name.
Some are saying you can use a prepaid credit card, TM says you can't,so you'd have to decide to take a chance or not with that part.

But then you use your card to get into the show, its all under your name.
I'm buying for someone else who can't from their job on Monday also. I have her TM log in info plus her c c info because sometimes on checkout, TM likes to ask for verification.
Once you have a TM account , your friend can download the app and log into that as you. The account will be tied to your cc payment info, so again the tickets are in your name.
Hope this helps.

Don't forget the three digit code on the back of the credit card. Gonna need it to finalize the sale. On both my orders this week, TM used in-time bank verification at the end of the sale. Both times, I did not have to provide bank information, but I have in the past for TM orders. Not sure if I did not have to provide it because it was a "known" computer, or if they have improved their processes. Just trying to think of other hiccups you may encounter.

Problem

Well...sad to say, that it seems having a TM account for me is not possible, b/c having a credit card is impossible. Having paid my card off and closed the account, it's impossible for me to open a new one. (Don't ask.)

So it looks as if my only option to have my friend buying for me on Monday or after:

1)as a "prole"--at the TM site itself, NOT through U2.com;

2) preferably on the TM app for faster service, though he can have a browser open to the site on a PC at the same time;

3)he'd have to use a different computer than the one he used for the presale, from someone who lives at a different address, (a friend's computer) since TM now tracks the IP address too?!?!?

4)under a different name, with a different card and billing address;

5)and this would be all for a show that I would have to go to with him, since this makes buying for another city impossible, but I checked with him and it might be doable for me to go to his show too;

6)He could buy the ticket for me, or 2 tickets to this show, and door staff only asks for HIS verification as the buyer of the ticket?

It sounds as if he's going to have to find a friend to buy the tix, (3 of them) and for that someone else to go to the show with us to be the "designated ID Provider".:angry: Am I correct? B/c even if he's able to borrow an identity to get tix with, he can't be that someone at the door...amirite?

Well...sad to say, that it seems having a TM account for me is not possible, b/c having a credit card is impossible. Having paid my card off and closed the account, it's impossible for me to open a new one. (Don't ask.)

So it looks as if my only option to have my friend buying for me on Monday or after:

1)as a "prole"--at the TM site itself, NOT through U2.com;

2) preferably on the TM app for faster service, though he can have a browser open to the site on a PC at the same time;

3)he'd have to use a different computer than the one he used for the presale, from someone who lives at a different address, (a friend's computer) since TM now tracks the IP address too?!?!?

4)under a different name, with a different card and billing address;

5)and this would be all for a show that I would have to go to with him, since this makes buying for another city impossible, but I checked with him and it might be doable for me to go to his show too;

6)He could buy the ticket for me, or 2 tickets to this show, and door staff only asks for HIS verification as the buyer of the ticket?

It sounds as if he's going to have to find a friend to buy the tix, (3 of them) and for that someone else to go to the show with us to be the "designated ID Provider".:angry: Am I correct? B/c even if he's able to borrow an identity to get tix with, he can't be that someone at the door...amirite?

I think you're making this more complicated than it really is. If your friend is using their credit card to buy your ticket and their two tickets on Monday through the general sale you should be fine. Forget the two ticket limit and all the presale code limitations, they will no longer apply. Your friend is nowhere near the 14 ticket limit.
You're only limitation is that if you are going solo to your show, you cannot have a GA ticket, as they require the credit card holder to be present. If your friend purchases you an actual seat they do not need to be with you.

One more stupid question...

:banghead: What is the ticket limit for the Chicago shows in general sale? I hope it's more than 2 for one show, since it sounds like my friend has to borrow an identity to buy tix for me and himself, but the owner of the identity has to actually go to the show too, in order to get us in?

For some lower priced seats it isn't cc entry. So if your friend buys those for you he can email or mail you the tickets. For the general sale the limit is 4 tickets per show and the Presale doesn't count so your friend can use the account he used for the Presale.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

One more stupid question....

What if my friend is successful in borrowing another identity to buy tix, what is the ticket limit for the general sale Chicago shows? How many per show? Is it only 2? Does the owner of said identity have to go along to the show (making it 3)?

Would it be possible for my friend to borrow identity, get the tix, and then on the day of the show the owner of the identity doesn't want to go himself but at the door presents his ID for the tix he bought for the 2 of us, and that gets us in and he picks up later after the show? Or does the owner of the identity HAVE to be one of the people going to the show?

*ready to smash head against wall in frustration*

I'll save my choice comments for TB for later, after my friend has his tix, whenever that is. Personally, I don't think this will deter scalpers, during the buying process anyway, once they know what is up. They'll master the "switching identities" thing...but paperless? we shall see....

Here's two questions:

- do we actually know if for sure GA purchased after Monday will be cc entry only? They could easily just make the option for tickets available. If you've been watching how the site keeps changing, you'll see what I mean..

And completely unrelated:

- Can someone use someone else's presale code, if it's unused? No billing address / same cc conflicts involved, just a straight "I can't use my code, here buy tickets on your own info" type deal

Sorry if I've forgotten if this was covered..

Sent from my ass crack

You can also go down to your local Target and buy a prepaid Visa card for however much (don't forget fees, taxes, etc.) Use it to buy the tickets. Then mail it (after you exhaust the remaining balance) to whoever is going to the show.

You can also go down to your local Target and buy a prepaid Visa card for however much (don't forget fees, taxes, etc.) Use it to buy the tickets. Then mail it (after you exhaust the remaining balance) to whoever is going to the show.

Really? Is this confirmed to work? Because it won't have your name on the card so what's the use of ID and name verification then? I doubt this works for the presale especially.

Tickets are available to everyone right now no code needed

Nevermind it's closed as of 12:05

I guess I'm not all that sympathetic to people who feel they need more than 2 tickets in the presale. I mean, at least there's a presale, and the low number of tickets available means that it should be fans getting the seats because that doesn't seem cost effective for a scalper. It's also simply really difficult to get tickets to an indoor show, period. This is a colossal band who can sell 200,000+ tickets in some markets. It may not be possible for multiple generations of fans to attend and all sit together. That's what stadium shows are for.

I feel much worse for people who are locked out by geography.

Sent from

Gabe. I agree. Yesterday, I saw the reserved dropped from the the GA ticket price area. Wonder if only presale GA is paperless.

Back
Top Bottom