u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How will this work then? I'm a paid member of U2.com but I used the pre sale code for one the shows earlier this year. Does that mean I won't get a pre sale for the Dublin gigs?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

how will this work then? I'm a paid member of u2.com but i used the pre sale code for one the shows earlier this year. Does that mean i won't get a pre sale for the dublin gigs?

Sent from my sm-g925f using tapatalk

tbd

Up until recently, I didn't think I wanted to see U2 in Dublin, because I didn't want to be in the city with a bajillion other U2 fans. Now that I've seen Dublin on my own without all the craziness, I think I could deal with it.

I mean, I like U2 fans in small doses or during the concerts, but en masse, roaming around the city free range like that? And possibly very drunk? Shoot me.

(I'm kidding. .......... mostly. :wink: )
This made me laugh out loud! haha! I agree..but it would make for some excellent people watching!:wink::applaud:

Urghh I hate the ticket madness and waiting to see if you'll get one!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I wonder if there are any plans for extra shows at all? The SSE Arena in Belfast is booked solid until a small 14-19 December gap; as far as Dublin goes, the 3Arena has a small gap 7-10 December and then a large one from 19 December through to mid-January 2016. But I think it very unlikely U2 would wait that long.

So I assume these shows are it.

sod it, just booked two nights in a hostel on the off chance :crack: costing me around 20 quid and it's not like I'll need much with me, so a piece of cake.

that said if any people here end up ganging together to split the cost of a more comfortable place let me know :lol:

I was all set on "no" when a friend messaged me to let me know she'd booked an apartment around the corner from the arena for the last two shows, and I can share. *sigh*

I think my only shot is if I magically get a new presale code (by sheer stupidity on my end, I am renewed through 2017). I'm guessing that's not the case. My friend has a presale code, so she could try for two tickets to one of the shows in the presale, but if I get shut out in the general sale for the other show, it's a no go.

Look closely at the info on U2.com - all tickets are paperless, so there won't be selling or trading with other fans (or it won't be easy, at the very least).

I'd consider Belfast, but I fly home to Seattle from Florida on the 17th. No way I can be in Ireland on the 18th.

^^ their press release only says that floor tickets are paperless, not all tickets... Of course who knows :huh:

Tickets can be bought at the 3Arena and SSE Arena box offices and online, with floor tickets being sold with the Paperless Ticket system, to ensure fans have access to tickets at face value. A limited number of student-priced floor tickets will be available for sale online.

Here is their PR people's page with the whole press release
Nasty Little Man

Huh, weird. the poster/ad on U2.com says "debit and credit cards only no cash accepted, as paperless transaction. tickets non-transferrable, ID required"

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that there is confusion over U2 ticket sales. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm excited...hmmm which shows to go to? Happy to join forces with someone when it comes to the fight for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh man, soooo tempted. Think I will try for the last two shows (the only two I can make) - from my Mexico City hotel room 3AM the morning I leave (praying the wifi stays good) - and if by some miracle successful, take it from there...

[TWEET]641455115484819457[/TWEET]

Ireland based subscribers have access to the pre-sale first on Thursday, rest of the world qualifying subscribers on Friday

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 2 ticket limit is per show, or 2 tickets total across all shows?

I'm referring to the general onsale - Im spending alot to fly over for a week and want to hit multiple shows.

From u2.com

On Thursday and Friday U2.com subscribers who've not yet taken part in a U2ieTour ticket presale, can enter a presale for November’sBelfast and Dublin dates.

Subscribers in Ireland (Republic of and NI) will be able to enter the presale from Thursday September 10th (10am) until 12noon on Friday 11th.

Subscribers wanting to travel to Ireland for one of the shows will be able to enter a presale from Friday at 12noon until 5pm.

There is a limit of two tickets per subscription and as with earlier presales tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis while supplies last. (Don’t forget, the public onsale for these shows begins on Monday morning at 9am.)

If you’ve already purchased two tickets with a presale code for earlier U2ieTour shows you are not eligible for this presale.

To take part your subscription must have begun before yesterday’s announcement of the Irish dates.

Subscribers will be emailed details on taking part.

That's interesting. The 'prime seats' in the middle of the arena can't see the screen?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom