U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trojanchick99

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Not sure where this belongs, and I'm trying to remain relatively free from spoilers so I haven't ventured into any threads, so here it goes.

KROQ is announcing a secret show tomorrow. It's all but confirmed to be U2 based on the promo. Apparently only way to get in is to win, which sucks as I never win radio contests. It's likely to be at the Roxy, Troubadour or Whiskey based on previous shows they've done.

Just a heads up for LA people.

U2 is playing in SJ tomorrow and Tuesday. Not sure what time this secret show is supposed to take place. But if it's in the evening, it won't be U2.

Perhaps it could be Green Day. They are doing a secret show in Berkeley tonight.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Oops, sorry, read that as the secret show would be happening tomorrow, not as it being announced tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

They promised KROQ they'd play for them when the album was released. They were supposed to headline KROQ's winter festival at the Forum, but obviously that was cancelled. Seems like this is just a matter of making good on their promise, and a little promotion never hurt anybody.

They have plenty of days off around the LA dates, so any number of them could be the show date. Hope this happens! I won't be able to go, but it's cool to do things for fans like this occasionally. Remind people U2 are still human beings.

Plus if they play The Roxy they can stack 4/5s of it with insiders/ industry types that don't want to put up with the shit at these area shows.

They are giving away pairs of tickets ALL Day this week. So definitely more than 8 pairs.

Rules say this:
3. PRIZES
a. Eight (8) prize(s) will be awarded. Each prize is win a pair (2) of tickets to a KROQ exclusive performance by U2 at The Roxy on May 28th, 2015
and again under winner selection and notification:
Eight (8) winner(s) will be selected on-air beginning May 18, 2015 at 5:00 am PST and ending on May 27, 2015 at 10:00 am PST.
making it sound like they give out 1 pair each weekday between today and 5/27.

Good luck my local fellow blue crackers! This is gonna be tough but well worth the reward :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also, note of reference. KROQ's internet stream is delayed. You need to listen to them over the air to have any chance.

Do you have an idea of how much of a delay it is? I unfortunately can't listen over the air while at work but maybe I can at least get a rough idea of when to call and chance it

Back
Top Bottom