U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mtnfox - when did you start dialing? Before the top of the hour?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I could tell that they were going to play the ad right after the end of whatever song was playing near the top of the hour. My pc clock actually said about a minute, almost 2 minutes past the hour. I didn't wait for the song to end, since I was streaming and didn't know how much of a delay there was. But near the end of the song, maybe 30-40 seconds left I started dialing. I got a busy signal a bunch of times and actually was still getting busy when the ad ran. Then about 20-30 seconds after the ad I got a ring. It rang a lot before they answered. At least 20 to 30 times I think.

they've got to broadcast this show...

given U2's focus on visiting where they came from, this could be a fiery show

My favorite Chicago dj actually told us on air once when he clears the lines. Unfortunately, I can't remember if he said he clears them after the bump or right as it starts.

Rang once, heard a voice and it dropped me out. Then I called again and it rang about 30 times before dropping me out.

Getting warmer?

Open invite to anyone outside of California: If you call and win and give them my name and address, I will take you with me.:heart:

Is it just me or is the busy signal getting more erratic? Does that mean anything? Am I finally losing it?

It has always been erratic of me; sometimes it sounds like it's about to ring and then goes to busy, as if it's just super-indecisive. What I do wonder about is when my phone just starts randomly dropping the call. It always seems to happen right around the hour, so part of me wonders if that's the lines opening up and it getting overwhelmed

just got to 30 rings before "The person you have called is unavailable now..."

Sometimes it take ages to "connect" to the busy signal. On occasion the busy signal is faster.... And on occasion, it cuts into the middle of a message that says something about 'your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later.'

ARRRRRGH, that sucks.

I called at 3:57 on my phone and she answered, too quickly. I was all, "I'm way too early, aren't I?" Yep.

Haha I did the same thing but they didn't even answer. They're probably tired of all of us jumping the gun.

I also had the pleasure of hearing my line ring while they spoke to the actual winner over the air. Oy.

Feels like progress somehow though. We can still do this!!

ARRRRRGH, that sucks.

I called at 3:57 on my phone and she answered, too quickly. I was all, "I'm way too early, aren't I?" Yep.

Haha I did the same thing but they didn't even answer. They're probably tired of all of us jumping the gun.

I also had the pleasure of hearing my line ring while they spoke to the actual winner over the air. Oy.

Feels like progress somehow though. We can still do this!!

Yeah, I did the same thing yesterday. I even used that exact. same. line.

I was caller 3 am hour ago. They do hang up fast.

Sent from my HTCONE using U2 Interference mobile app

If anyone here ends up winning tickets and for whatever crazy reason isn't able to find a +1, I'm ready, willing, and able to be yours! I can offer you a ride to and from the show, arrive super early to get a good spot in line, buy you breakfast/lunch/dinner, or whatever else it'll take.

Thanks, and good luck everybody!

I don't have money or transport, only GAs to LA and Chicago...

Everyone hear that they're increasing to every half-hour "next week"? Idk if that means Sunday or even Tuesday...

Back
Top Bottom