U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Believe me..they did it in LA

It's been done many times, unfortunately.

Well, guess what. The few people that 'sacrificed' the end of their concert are part of that larger group that had a pre-formed list before the show even started. They just need to get out there and piss on their fire hydrant less some other person who DIDN'T go to the show the night before start their own line, legitimately waiting while the other show was going on.

This is Richard from Survivor bullshit, don't kid yourself here - they know what they're doing.

there was a tiny bit of 2 line drama from Night after LA3 for the Line of LA4...2 lines had started in 2 different locations...and then the drama began..

Vertigo had the "random" lottery scanning folks inside the ellipse. So there were lineups (in Boston they handed out wristbands and had you return to line up at 5:00 or so like they've done in LA and SJ this tour), but being in the front of those lines only guaranteed you a spot on the outer rail of the ellipse (unless say you had a child with you or knew the tour folks running the "random" scanners then you were guaranteed "random" entry inside the ellipse.)

It was actually quite easy to beat that system. After the opening show of the tour in San Diego, I clued in to the fact the scanners were choosing about every 8 to 10th person for pit access and I'd just hang back a bit in the short lines if someone real close in front of me got their ticket scanned to get in the ellipse. The following 4 shows I saw that I had GA, I got in the ellipse doing this method all 4 shows. I basically showed up around 6:30 - 7:00pm after all the GA lineups had thinned out when the doors opened. I didn't care if I was up front or not, I just liked being in the Ellipse because in the middle and towards the back it was very open with good room and view after you got about 3 - 4 people back from the stage - they didn't pack people in the pit at any show I saw that tour.

Because I went solo to those shows (my wife won't do GA), I'd just point to some arbitrary solo person standing in the line or who just got in and say, "he/she is my second" and whoever stranger I arbitrarily picked got in the ellipse with me. One gray haired older woman I brought in as my "second" at one show who claimed it was her first rock concert in something like 30 years I thought was going to have a heart attack the whole night - she couldn't believe how close she was to the front of the stage.

Because I went solo to those shows (my wife won't do GA), I'd just point to some arbitrary solo person standing in the line or who just got in and say, "he/she is my second" and whoever stranger I arbitrarily picked got in the ellipse with me. One gray haired older woman I brought in as my "second" at one show who claimed it was her first rock concert in something like 30 years I thought was going to have a heart attack the whole night - she couldn't believe how close she was to the front of the stage.

:lol:

Imagine him trying something on with some big hairy arsed Glasgow bloke in November?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nevermind Scotland, these same people haven't even succeeded in Canada, lol (whether 360 or Vancouver from what I've heard)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Nevermind Scotland, these same people haven't even succeeded in Canada, lol (whether 360 or Vancouver from what I've heard)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah, uhm, no. Last tour I went to Montreal and Toronto shows and there were some Americans in Montreal FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW with their booklet and list and bullshit. And they wanted people to check in every couple of hours up until the show.
The list for day 2 was ready as well.

So I decided to fuck that shit and go sightseeing instead. They have definitely made it to Canada. Glad they're nowhere near this side of the pond.

Yeah, uhm, no. Last tour I went to Montreal and Toronto shows and there were some Americans in Montreal FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW with their booklet and list and bullshit. And they wanted people to check in every couple of hours up until the show.
The list for day 2 was ready as well.

So I decided to fuck that shit and go sightseeing instead. They have definitely made it to Canada. Glad they're nowhere near this side of the pond.

Oh ok, I stand corrected. I recall reading something about the police being called in and taking care of it but that was Montreal two.

I think Vancouver 2 may have had some drama a couple weeks ago, too.

My observation was based on Vancouver 1, the 360 shows in Toronto and the show in Montreal where the police were called in. Hadn't realized it occurred the other nights (and perhaps it did in Winnipeg and Edmonton, too)

Back
Top Bottom