U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fact is, the way the GA lines have been operation during this tour works and works for the majority.

As for stating security will sort it out - they won't do it on their own accord. They only time they have been useful is with working with those in and assisting with lines.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

That it works doesn't mean it's right.

And stating it wouldn't be sorted out by security is complete utter nonsense. Check shows anywhere else in the world that isn't the US. The lines work there, and there's none of this line nazi bullshit there.

Why in the name of the Lord would you even be there at noon?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For something like that Roxy show? I might want to be there well before any stated time by the venue. I get that. But to manage a list of people that don't even have tickets that might not even be there? Sorry, that is a thing where WAITING there is what counts. Not some line BS.

But for any "regular show" I don't bother getting there that early. (One reason is all this BS) Night one in Vancouver in GA? We showed up at 6PM, and had a great spot. I'm going GA tomorrow and will get there around the same time.

I've waited for a rail spot exactly once (in 2011). While it was a great spot, the time invested (and all this bullshit line Nazi stuff) isn't worth it to me. Even my wife got a great spot at the eStage for all that action in Vancouver without any wait (going over there after the show started!)

This tour, seats are where it's at anyways.

Fact is, the way the GA lines have been operation during this tour works and works for the majority.

As for stating security will sort it out - they won't do it on their own accord. They only time they have been useful is with working with those in and assisting with lines.

No. It is a completely selfish act by the regulars to insure they get close spots each time. And it's far enough removed from the regular Joe's who arrive at the correct time for them to not know what is going on (and put up a fuss bout it).

I know this may be hard to believe, but concerts have been going on for quite some time with a "show up when the venue says it's ok and start a line" without devolving into some sort of Mad Max situation.

That's because most people know how to behave like adults.

The line list nonsense solely serves to give an advantage to a select group of people "in the know" who just can't fathom the thought that a lot of people arriving at a certain time means they don't get their precious spot at ~*~ThE rAiL~*~

The idea that these people are serving some sort of noble cause is the most self-aggrandizing nonsense since Bono thinking he could rid the world of AIDS and poverty.

Nobody wants these people there doing this line bullshit except the very people that seek to benefit from it. Everyone else seems to know how to behave like a fucking grown-up.

As for the Roxy... Same thing. If the street was full of people, with no organization, and you'd waited all day... Only to have late arrivals push past you... You'd be upset. So why complain that someone organized things and made it as comfortable as possible?

People pushing or trying to budge in line could still happen anyway though. Or even after the doors open when people are held up in another part of the building.

Hey everyone -

I have GA tickets for a few of the NYC shows in July, and haven't actually done GA since the Saratoga show back in '92. I don't have any experience with the line 'nazis' or any of this stuff or know any of the people involved except by browsing the forum here. So, if I may, here is what I think of the whole thing.

I can see where an effort to organize a line might be a good thing, but it should apply to everyone. I would guess that the vast majority of the people with GA tickets to any of the shows are not die hards who browse forums and know about these sign up sheets. They may go on the venue website and see a list of GA rules, and as far as they are concerned that is what the procedure is, as it should be. Either the rules apply to everyone or they don't apply.

If you want a spot up close, get there early and stay there, apart from short bathroom breaks or to eat, etc, I just can't fathom putting your name on a list, disappearing for 3 or 4 hours or more, checking in, disappearing again, then expecting to come in and move past people who have been waiting there for a significant amount of time all along. If the venue doesn't allow you to line up at all until a certain time, then I really can't say.

I don't have an overwhelming need to be at the front every time. It would be fun to experience it once, but that's good for me. Let someone else have their shot after that. If I do want to be up front, I'll get there early and do my time with the others who are waiting. I can tell you that if someone shows up who I haven't seen all day and says they are in front, too damn bad.

Hopefully the shows I'm going to in July will be fun, everyone can have a good time, and not have to worry about all of this line BS. I hope to see some of you there.

One more thing - this thread was about the Roxy show, right? Sounds like it was a kick ass show. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Dan

No. It is a completely selfish act by the regulars to insure they get close spots each time. And it's far enough removed from the regular Joe's who arrive at the correct time for them to not know what is going on (and put up a fuss bout it).

I know this may be hard to believe, but concerts have been going on for quite some time with a "show up when the venue says it's ok and start a line" without devolving into some sort of Mad Max situation.

The line list nonsense solely serves to give an advantage to a select group of people "in the know" who just can't fathom the thought that a lot of people arriving at a certain time means they don't get their precious spot at ~*~ThE rAiL~*~

The idea that these people are serving some sort of noble cause is the most self-aggrandizing nonsense since Bono thinking he could rid the world of AIDS and poverty.

Nobody wants these people there doing this line bullshit except the very people that seek to benefit from it. Everyone else seems to know how to behave like a fucking grown-up.
Couldn't have said it better myself! This x 100000

Cant believe I actually agree 100% with a Laz post.

Maybe its because I've had a couple drinks but I'm actually gonna speak my mind. Seriously in a 500 person venue who the fuck cares where you are? Why is there even a need to line up? Get there when the doors are supposed to open and go in. Why is that so difficult? Anywhere in that club is going to be a great spot.

Frankly I'm tired of the same people getting pulled up on stage every single tour, the same people getting their pictures with the band and their autographs. Over and over and over again. Shit let someone else have a chance. I've been a fan for 25+ years and never had any of that. Call me jealous but I guess its my own fault for not dedicating my entire life and being to U2. I'm perfectly happy seeing my shows and enjoying the band from a few rows back or even 10 or 15 rows back. Literally just happy to be in the same venue as the band.

I get that lists and organization have been a part of these shows for so many years now but the fans that think they're entitled to more than other fans or just constantly feel the need to be all up in U2's face every chance they get just really annoys me.

giphy.gif

Hey guys I'm just reserving this post in the thread for later. Next time someone posts something funny I'm just gonna edit this post and make it seem like I came up with it first.

:applaud:

Interesting that people are complaining about lines.

The band and the venues do little to nothing regarding lines.

If there were no lists and things spiraled into chaos, there would be complaints.

In the past people complained that they had to wait all day. Now that some have come up with a way that takes an all day wait out of the equation, people complain.

Their have been good line leaders. There have been jerks. This tour seems to have run rather smooth and fan friendly. Nate, Naomi and Daryl have run smooth fair well-ran lines. All show locations should hope their lines run as well as the PHX & LA lines have ran.

I've not seen anyone adding people unless they were present. This is an improvement over previous tours.

As for the Roxy... Same thing. If the street was full of people, with no organization, and you'd waited all day... Only to have late arrivals push past you... You'd be upset. So why complain that someone organized things and made it as comfortable as possible?

I don't understand the complaints.

Just seems that some people will never be satisfied.

Yet another one of "these people" who is just rationalizing, and fails to address the issue about leaving early and coming back later, without putting in the grunt work of standing in line. Also fails to address people adding their friends who aren't even there to check in.

"There have been good leaders, there have been jerks." Yes. Some people have been more rude/petty about it. But when it comes to rigging the system and feeling entitled, you're all the same.

YAAASSSSSSS.

Maybe we can retitle this thread "The Fabulous Line Nazi Yada Yada Thread." I keep thinking there's going to be something about the Roxy show in here but its just one more verse of The Song That Has No End.

I was just fully entertained by this board for the last hour! The best.

Perhaps, just as the line Nazis do, we should maintain a list of all line-Nazi sympathisers.

Once we have our list, we wait for a few hours until they return from shopping/their hotel rooms/sight-seeing, we round them up. Oh wait...

This shit again?

If being first for every single last show is important to you, get this straight: You show up. You put your name on the list, the number on your hand, blah blah etc etc

And then you park your ass on your spot, get set up. And you fucking stay.

You leave once in a while to stretch your legs by walking up and down your immediate area and saying hi to others. You go take a piss. Grab some takeout to bring back for you and your party. But you fucking stay.

At some given point, you're allowed a quick few minutes to take your shit back to your car locker hotel room whatever. And your ass is right back in line.

If you want to go sightseeing or take a 3 hr nap or have work that day etc etc then go do those things, and join the previously established physical line where it ends.

The end.

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

This. This. 1,000 times, this.

yes, I am pretty close to certain that this idiot was the one paper-dolling on 360.

You make these comments not even knowing how we did it. Absolutely no one had to be there. There were no check-ins, no time restrictions. All you had to do was give a name, your friend's name, and leave until 5:30. The only ones who stuck around are those who wanted to.

you pulled this fucking bullshit on the last tour as well. you make me embarrassed to be a U2 fan. but please, continue to go on ruining everyone else's time with your entitled, arbitrary bullshit and keep ignoring the tons and tons of posts telling you that you're wrong. hopefully one day someone will call you out on it to your face.

and you realise that if the band ever found they would think it's disgusting and pathetic?

I am #sorrynotsorry for the aggressive tone and swearing, but it honestly makes me so goddamn mad. Here in Australia we get about six shows every six years. No one pulls that bullshit here. Just a bunch of nice U2 fans who line up throughout the night/morning/afternoon wanting to get a good spot for the one show they will see. Thank god line nazis seem confined to the US.

On the plus side, I've allowed myself to watch performances of this, and they were awesome. For me, it would have been literally a dream come true to see them in such a small venue, and to play what looked like a ferocious set. Congrats to all who made it in.

There are two recordings up on U2start, FYI. I think one might just be a rip of the Sil-alicious stream, and the second is by JEMS, who is a well-known taper of shows.

Yay!

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

Can I just say, and I pardon the pun... +1?

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

POST AND TRUTH OF THE YEAR.

And let me be clear about one thing, which I've said recently - I have no problem with the ultra diehard fans who follow the band around, camp for days on in to get prime spots, etc. IMO, someone wants to devote that kind of time, money and effort to see some band only a few feet away, good for them. That's the thing about GA, those willing to put out the most effort should earn the right to stand where ever they want.

Right, but STAY IN THE FUCKING LINE. Stay there. ALL FUCKING 150 OF YOU FOR 3 ENTIRE DAYS MINUS OCCASIONAL HOUR BREAKS FOR PISSING/EATING. SLEEP IN TENTS OR ON THE GROUND. None of this "there will be 15 of us there holding this golden list of 150+" at all times while the other 135 come back morning of show. Because even though the people at the front want you to think they've been there for 72 hours, they've spent a few hours each day and enjoyed themselves elsewhere. There might have been about 6-7 people who actually stayed in the line for Vancouver 1, but give me a break.

And let's not even talk about the 2nd night show line starting immediately "after" the first night lets in. Incredible how the people at the front of that 1st night show were right up in the front of the line that 2nd afternoon when we went to get merchandise. That's some serious Dr. Who shit right there.

I don't know why they don't just photocopy the first night's list, that might save some trouble next time.

I just love how these people still haven't realized that they're being idiots for gaming the line on this stage setup. Had the best view standing against the boards and arriving at 6:30pm both nights. But that's me, I'm not a big fan, or one who used their *ahem* MEDIA CREDS to get into the U2 concert at the Roxy and then bitches about celebrities getting in.

:doh::doh::doh:

Shit. I know I made 3 posts in a row but I just want to actually thank the mods here for letting us call some shitheads out over this 'fan-appointed-entitled-line' bullshit. I'm sick of this cone of silence so for this I thank you.

I now pretty much screen U2 fans with the question 'would you still go see them if you had to stand at the back of GA? would you still go see them if you had to sit in *gasp* seats?' If they say 'no, I just can't live without seeing them in GA on the rail' then there's your answer. You couldn't legitimately go and see your favourite fucking band from seats because somehow that's beneath you?

Entitled.

/addedtomyshitlist

This is some science fiction, dystopian shit.

There is no way this kind of nonsense would work in my part of the world.

The Internet blows my mind sometimes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom