U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To those who have a problem with the list that Romi and Sil were running, maybe you aren't aware that the venue had a VERY strict "no early lineups" policy in place yesterday. I was the fourth person to arrive yesterday, at 9:45 am, and I immediately saw them coming over to tap to us and tell us that lineups weren't going to be allowed, not even on adjacent properties.

Is this supposed to make us feel sympathetic? The official policy is there aren't lineups allowed. You hold no official capacity with the venue or the band, so why should your list take precedence over those who simply follow venue protocol?

No favors were done for any friends with these lists - the lists were necessary to avoid security/police action

They were only "necessary" so you could claim your spot at the front.

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

:applaud:

I've been dealing with people like you since Elevation, and you all make me sick to varying degrees. You may think you're all good people, providing service to the fan community, whatever. But it's favoritism and entitlement, plain and simple. You're the Type-A people that everyone outside your circle in high school hated, and you've chosen to continue that behavior into adult life.

It's also a case of gluttony; no matter how many times you get a spot on the rail, get a photo with or autograph from a band member, it's never enough. You need this pathetic validation for every show on every tour, proving your worth over other fans. You're the same type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping when the band became aware of your bullshit and took action. It's a shame they don't do it again. It's a shame your stupid lists don't get taken away and torn up at every show.

You're Line Nazis. Not true fans. Not good people. And you don't even legitimately earn your spots by waiting in line, instead relying on your bourgeois, phony placeholder lists while those not in the know physically wait all day while you're taking a powder with others of your ilk.

And there are many, many here who feel this way. Basically everyone who isn't inside your sad little VIP circle

Excellent post sir

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No favors were done for any friends with these lists - the lists were necessary to avoid security/police action, and they definitely kept things civil and organized for the event.

:lol:

When did the U2 fanbase start requiring vigilante policing like they're juggalos or something?

When did the U2 fanbase start requiring vigilante policing like they're juggalos or something?

Ha ha, a novel idea would have been yo just adhere to venue rules and start the line at 5:30 as stated, it's a little obsessive that they feel the need to be at the front show after show and bordering on stalking

:up:

:up:

If I showed up to a show for GA, got on the BACK of the line no matter what time I showed up - obviously as early as I could and some fan walked up to me with some list of people who were not there and said they were going to enter in front of me, well, there certainly would be a fight.

Show me some credentials, or get out of my way.

First come - first served. Show up, line up and walk in.

Not show up give some fan your name, leave and come back expecting anything aside from some pissed off people.

There is no way you can rationalize that to me - we would have had words. And that is the last thing you want when you go to see your favorite band play live.

If I showed up to a show for GA, got on the BACK of the line no matter what time I showed up - obviously as early as I could and some fan walked up to me with some list of people who were not there and said they were going to enter in front of me, well, there certainly would be a fight.

Show me some credentials, or get out of my way.

First come - first served. Show up, line up and walk in.

Not show up give some fan your name, leave and come back expecting anything aside from some pissed off people.

There is no way you can rationalize that to me - we would have had words. And that is the last thing you want when you go to see your favorite band play live.

Excellent post again, it's almost as if these people act as if they have the bands consent to do this, when they simply don't,

At a minimum a GA list that allows people to avoid actually lining up needs to be sanctioned by the venue and it's security. Preferably it'd be sanctioned or known to and blessed by the band or their management.

But in the absense of the above, which seems to be the case here, it's total rubbish for arbitrary fans to create an arbitrary list. What if multiple groups of people create multiple lists? It's non-sensicle. There is no solution. Arguing on the basis of one person or group's entitlement over another is silly.

Most people don't create lists because they don't have the rudeness or nerve to do it. And that gives those who do a distorted sense of entitlement.

At a minimum a GA list that allows people to avoid actually lining up needs to be sanctioned by the venue and it's security. Preferably it'd be sanctioned of known to and blessed by the band or their management.

But in the absense of the above, which seems to be the case here, it's total rubbish for arbitrary fans to create an arbitrary list. What if multiple groups of people create multiple lists? It's non-sensicle. There is no solution. Arguing on the basis of one person or group's entitlement over another is silly.

You mean like the one that's currently in effect, where you get your wrist band and go home until 5:30? :drool:

You mean like the one that's currently in effect, where you get your wrist band and go home until 5:30? :drool:

I LOVED this on Wednesday! Security was super nice to us too when we arrived in the afternoon

At a minimum a GA list that allows people to avoid actually lining up needs to be sanctioned by the venue and it's security. Preferably it'd be sanctioned or known to and blessed by the band or their management.

Most people don't create lists because they don't have the rudeness or nerve to do it. And that gives those who do a distorted sense of entitlement.

100% agreed.

The venues so far are doing that. No lineup before a certain time, then they wristband, and you are free to go until late afternoon. It is beautiful.

100% agreed.

The venues so far are doing that. No lineup before a certain time, then they wristband, and you are free to go until late afternoon. It is beautiful.

Really hoping this carries through to Europe

What would actually of happened If someone arrived earlier than the rail nazis yesterday? Do they really believe they could have just walked to the front because they had a list?

If anything like this happens in Glasgow in November, there will be a riot. GN'R style shit!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

Good post. I definitely remember this starting around Elevation. Elevation Atlanta was a strict "first come first serve" line (I was around 10th or so...the douche in The Fly suit). No problems except for some blokes popping up right before doors opened and tried to muscle their way to the front. A good public shaming got them to go to the back of the line. Second go around in Atlanta someone started passing around a list. Only a few people popped out for a while and then came back so it wasn't so uproarious, but still people started having the "what the fuck is this?" feelings going on.

Just follow the venue rules. If they say don't line up til 5:30 then don't line up til 5:30. Trying to get people to stay and subvert the venue rules because of some delusion of grandeur you have is so fucking dumb. If you seriously have a problem not following that rule then, man, you have bigger problems.

It's just a goddamned concert. Go have fun and have a good time and stop making it fucking miserable for everybody else.

Bono isn't going to pull you up on stage and make you BFFs.

If you're a great photographer taking awesome shots then my post doesn't apply!

Not sure I'm engaging in this conversation, but this will be my last post on this topic.

It wasn't necessary. The security didn't want you lining up before 5:30. What's so hard about coming back when you're supposed to be there?

Serious question regarding this comment: how do you propose this should work, it the venue states that no one can line up until exactly 5:30? Should the 200 or so people who are there at 5:30 line up somewhere else on Sunset Blvd, just outside of the "don't line up here" zone, and then all head to the lineup area when the venue says it's okay? This seems like it would result in complete chaos and a whole lot of fighting. Is there another way this could work in a calm manner? And don't just say "come back when you're supposed to be there", because when 200 people are trying to do that, and most of them would like to be as close to the front to the line as possible, this wouldn't go smoothly.

And as for Lazarus, who referred to my "sad little VIP circle", as a guy who before this week had seen the band "only" eight times, has never before had anything to do with running a line of any sort, and only has a dozen posts on this site, my sad little circle must be pretty damn tiny. I received a lot of thanks from both people wanting to get into the show and from security and even LA County Sheriffs for helping to maintain some semblance of order outside the venue. I know there's a lot of anger here about the lists, and I'm not changing anybody's mind with this post, but from what I saw, things seemed to run pretty nicely. If anyone has any ideas on a better way to handle a situation like yesterday, I'd love to hear it in case I ever end up in a similar situation at another show.

Not sure I'm engaging in this conversation, but this will be my last post on this topic.

Serious question regarding this comment: how do you propose this should work, it the venue states that no one can line up until exactly 5:30? Should the 200 or so people who are there at 5:30 line up somewhere else on Sunset Blvd, just outside of the "don't line up here" zone, and then all head to the lineup area when the venue says it's okay? This seems like it would result in complete chaos and a whole lot of fighting. Is there another way this could work in a calm manner? And don't just say "come back when you're supposed to be there", because when 200 people are trying to do that, and most of them would like to be as close to the front to the line as possible, this wouldn't go smoothly.

And as for Lazarus, who referred to my "sad little VIP circle", as a guy who before this week had seen the band "only" eight times, has never before had anything to do with running a line of any sort, and only has a dozen posts on this site, my sad little circle must be pretty damn tiny. I received a lot of thanks from both people wanting to get into the show and from security and even LA County Sheriffs for helping to maintain some semblance of order outside the venue. I know there's a lot of anger here about the lists, and I'm not changing anybody's mind with this post, but from what I saw, things seemed to run pretty nicely. If anyone has any ideas on a better way to handle a situation like yesterday, I'd love to hear it in case I ever end up in a similar situation at another show.

From the venue's perspective, they don't give a shit how it works, and nor should they. They say 5:30, there should be a barricade, and not let people in until 5:30. What people do outside of that is their own problem.

I agree with these kind of shows that random numbered wrist-bands should be distributed OFFICIALLY and handed out at 5:30.

11:00 Tick Tock!
Not full the song….and the audio isn't great but it's better than nothing!

I can't hear it at work but ? I can only imagine how awesome this song must've been last night. Briefly heard the sound check when I drove past in the late afternoon ?

Thanks for sharing!

Like any other festival or concert.... just be an adult about it. You're gonna get a good spot. If you're saying that 200 U2 fans who arrive roughly at the same time can't get into a line without breaking out into a brawl then that is sad and speaks volumes about U2 fans.

This is true. Most major bands have little cliques of people that behave like this. Pearl Jam and Springsteen are two examples. Better yet, I've been to a few shows in the past where there's been several small, competing groups of people who think "their" line is the "right" one for some sort of GA/Pit access and it often gets pretty funny when heads start butting closer to doors opening.

Someone mentioned the Elevation tour/Boston lineup incident during the dates they filmed for the live home video. I thought that incident was pretty funny but on the other hand, U2's crew was instructed by the company doing the film production to pull "good looking" people from the line late in the afternoon to get in early for key spots up front for the cameras which was disappointing to hear regarding a band like U2.

Back
Top Bottom