U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably a shorter than arena typical set tonight, more than 20 songs would be a surprise, imo. I would bet the opening four pack will be the same, maybe both OOC and EC padding it out to 5 songs, 11 O' Clock Tick Tock is almost a sure thing as well as maybe all 3 Rattle and Hum tracks (Desire, WLCTT, AOH) they've been playing so far. The stripped version of California is a good bet as well. Good odds they'll close again with "40."

I would not expect some of the more production-heavy songs tonight such as Cederwood Road, SBS, UTEOTW, Invisible, Bullet, COBL. Probably one of the bigger wild cards is actually going to be whether they play Streets or not.

Congrats to all going, hopefully security and good cell coverage will let people Periscope tonight.

i think invisible is a lock tonight.

congrats to those who won tickets and i'll cross my fingers those who didn't can get in.

I am betting the show will be about what they would have done for Almost Acoustic Xmas--i.e. 75 minutes give or take. Hopefully they'll loosen up and feel comfortable playing stuff they haven't yet graduated to the big show aka PLEASE DO PLAYBOY MANSION

Do we know that they're not going to broadcast the show today or any other day?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Surely they are going to record it or something? Surely?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guys... I'm just sad as fuck today. :lol:. Not sure what else to say.

I am as well. My friend was the second person to Dodger Stadium today.

Swung by the Roxy to see what was up and of course there's lists. I'm so over that crap.

KROQ normally isn't strict about cameras and such. There's plenty of videos of their previous club shows.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

There are already a dozen people down there. I find this very annoying because a 5:30 start time should allow for people to get there and be at the front without having to stand somewhere all day. Not to be bitter about the amazing experience I'm about to have but as someone who has to sit at my job for most of the day, it's annoying when people are flat out ignoring this one request they made of us

This.

Lists for what, exactly? Lists in case they decide to let more people in?

One list for those with tickets. One for those without. Neither are operated by the venue.

:lol: in a venue that small they're still bickering over who is going to get more band sweat on them?
Right? I only came early to try to get in. But there was already a freaking "list". I'm so over that crap.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't know where else to put this but BEFORE last night, I was very butt hurt about not being able to be at this show. But I had an awesome spot near the rail (not on it of course), and last night felt soooo intimate and I felt so close when I saw them walk by, I am so very fulfilled. I almost think seeing them at The Roxy would be anti-climatic.

But I still wouldn't turn away a chance to be there!!!! :hyper:

I wonder if those who won't stand for that (such as me) can just get in line at 5:30 and right hook anyone trying to get in front claiming to be on the list.

I get a feeling these people would make lists even for a U2 concert in a theater with assigned seats.

Back
Top Bottom