TM may screw me out of my tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsFoxy

The Fly
So yesterday during the hellish frenzy of buying tickets. I kept getting, "Sorry, we are having trouble with your order...blah..blah...blah.." and I thought I had lost out on tickets. This happened on 3 different sets of tickets. One order did go through and I thought I was good. Oh happy day!

Yesterday afternoon, I get 3 additional emails that I now have a total of 8 tickets that I purchased. So, all the ones that gave me an error and did not go all the way through processing apparently went through - even though I never got that final purchase page.

Fine. I'll just call and cancel those other 3 orders. Explained the situation, saying that it was a TM error and I tried to call a dozen times to rectify but could not get a live person on the phone yesterday so I'm call first thing this morning. She could not cancel the orders because of the 2 ticket limit. Why not? Just cancel the other orders. Easy peasy. Yeah...no. It has to go through another department that I am NOT allowed to speak to and they will decide either to cancel ALL my orders or just 3 of them. It could take up to two weeks. And, if they leave me tickets, want to bet they give me the worst of the bunch. Which, frankly I won't care as long as I'm in the building. But to cancel ALL of the orders when it was their mistake.

I'm about to cry. I effing hate this company. :sad:

So yesterday during the hellish frenzy of buying tickets. I kept getting, "Sorry, we are having trouble with your order...blah..blah...blah.." and I thought I had lost out on tickets. This happened on 3 different sets of tickets. One order did go through and I thought I was good. Oh happy day!

Yesterday afternoon, I get 3 additional emails that I now have a total of 8 tickets that I purchased. So, all the ones that gave me an error and did not go all the way through processing apparently went through - even though I never got that final purchase page.

Fine. I'll just call and cancel those other 3 orders. Explained the situation, saying that it was a TM error and I tried to call a dozen times to rectify but could not get a live person on the phone yesterday so I'm call first thing this morning. She could not cancel the orders because of the 2 ticket limit. Why not? Just cancel the other orders. Easy peasy. Yeah...no. It has to go through another department that I am NOT allowed to speak to and they will decide either to cancel ALL my orders or just 3 of them. It could take up to two weeks. And, if they leave me tickets, want to bet they give me the worst of the bunch. Which, frankly I won't care as long as I'm in the building. But to cancel ALL of the orders when it was their mistake.

Wow, so with a limit of 2 you now cant even cancel so you get down to 2. TM is getting worse and worse.

Keep calling and hassling them. You are their customer, so make it your point to be treated that way. Tell them you will only accept your original purchase that they botched, and there are no other options.

This is bullish!t. Call them back and start over. They cancelled my extra orders last night because of the same scenario - had to get approval from supervisors, but they did it. Be firm but polite. It took over an hour and two phone calls.

Yeah, always keep polite and being the grown up in the conversation. You paid money for these tickets, you bought the tickets you wanted, you MUST get them.

If you get nowhere with them on subsequent calls, call the credit card company and see if you can file a claim. Let Visa (or whomever) fight the fight.

So. On my second try I did speak with someone more helpful. Apparently TM has to work thru MSG Customer Relations before they can cancel any tickets. They fill out a form explaining what happened saying it was a TM error and to please issue a refund for the 3 orders that did not indicate had gone through. The lady noted I still wanted to keep 1 order and gave them that order number to indicate I did not want to cancel everything. She says it takes about 3 to 5 days. I should keep checking back on TM to see if my order has been cancelled. If not, she gave me MSG Customer Relations number and I should call them and explain the situation.

The other person I spoke to did not even explain what needed to be done and just said you may or may not lose all your tickets and it will take 2 weeks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying tons of prayers.

So. On my second try I did speak with someone more helpful. Apparently TM has to work thru MSG Customer Relations before they can cancel any tickets. They fill out a form explaining what happened saying it was a TM error and to please issue a refund for the 3 orders that did not indicate had gone through. The lady noted I still wanted to keep 1 order and gave them that order number to indicate I did not want to cancel everything. She says it takes about 3 to 5 days. I should keep checking back on TM to see if my order has been cancelled. If not, she gave me MSG Customer Relations number and I should call them and explain the situation.

The other person I spoke to did not even explain what needed to be done and just said you may or may not lose all your tickets and it will take 2 weeks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, saying tons of prayers.

Sounds like that other person needs a new job.

Write to the mod Bigwave on u2.com

I would strongly advise you (and others with TM-problems) to go zootopia (the forum) on u2.com - and PM/write to Bigwave - one of the mods. He has resolved a lot of cases from people who have had cancelled their tickets from whatever reason (bought tickets on the same credit cards but with two different codes seem to be the most common reason).

This was certainly not your fault - so it has to be resolved.

Good luck!!

Fully agree with the above.
TM have been a joke from the start as expected.
From the ridiculous situation of not been able to order from the same account with two different presale codes and the timing of the presale with other groups tickets going on sale.
Pathetic effort from them for the OP.
Sure it will be sorted but you don't need the hassle after the short notice last week etc.

FYI Everyone - TM did cancel the three sets of tickets that I did not want that mistakenly went through without my knowledge. I was able to keep the ones that I did want. So glad everything worked out. Persistence and patience pays off!!

That is good to hear as I am still hoping my original order gets cancelled. I ended up finding better seats and purchased them with a different CC. However, I do not want both orders cancelled. If they are unable to cancel the order, then I am guessing I have 4 extra seats that I will have to sell. Sounds like there will not be an issue refunded my original order, but it is up to the promoter and not ticketmaster.

That is good to hear as I am still hoping my original order gets cancelled. I ended up finding better seats and purchased them with a different CC. However, I do not want both orders cancelled. If they are unable to cancel the order, then I am guessing I have 4 extra seats that I will have to sell. Sounds like there will not be an issue refunded my original order, but it is up to the promoter and not ticketmaster.

If you had multiple orders with one CC then they are most likely going to cancel all but one. I did have to call them however. It took about 5 days for them to be cancelled. Good luck.

I purchased 8 tickets, but with two different CC, 4 on each card. That can still cause both orders to get cancelled since the name and address are the same. That is what seems to be confusing a lot of people

I just rather not have another charge of $475 on my card, otherwise I will sell them which I doubt will be a problem. Hopefully by Friday the latest I will find out the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom