Ticketmaster App notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

volcano

The Fly
I need to turn off the part of the app that requires you to type the two jumbled words to get through. This really slowed me down last time during the general sale . It says to turn on notifications to get rid of this and I did -both in the phone settings and on the app. I'm still seeing the jumbled words though. Help!

In my line of work, we create websites that screen people, and one of our programmers explained the most sophisticated captchas to me, very recently - they work in a way that they can determine if you're a human or a bot by checking how long it takes you to type in the figures, and how many or the patterns of errors you make when typing them in. If you're typing too fast or not making typical human typos, they will ask you to try again with another phrase. If your timing or errors are within normal human parameters, they will let it go, even if you may have made a typo.

That said, I've had instances on both the TM website and app where they have not asked me to do a captcha at all...so maybe there was some indication that I was human, and they felt they didn't need to?

I'm glad someone brought this up. I turned mine on in both the app and settings too, but I'm still having to type the words. It gives me a free pass for several attempts, then forces me to start typing the words again.

What the hell are you guys talking about? Typing in the words has nothing to do with the APP, it's about stopping bots from buying tickets (which it of course doesn't stop at all).

It has nothing to do with turning something on and off. Notifications are about last minutes ticket sales and shit like that.

Sometimes I noticed on the website and app that if you recently typed in the box and then go back because you didn't get tickets or wanted others than the ones given to you, that it may skip the verification stage for some reason. But it's there 99% of the time when I try to buy tickets. And it is for everyone.

What the hell are you guys talking about? Typing in the words has nothing to do with the APP, it's about stopping bots from buying tickets (which it of course doesn't stop at all).

It has nothing to do with turning something on and off. Notifications are about last minutes ticket sales and shit like that.

Ah, actually it does. It says very clearly in the Ticketmaster app that if you turn on push notifications, you will not have to type in the jumbled words.

Volcano: What I did was turn on the push notifications both in my iPhone settings and in the Ticketmaster app settings. Then, I restarted my phone. I had the same problem you did for the NY shows, but I turned on the push notifications before the LA tickets went on sale and was able to snag the tickets I wanted without having to type in a pesky phrase.

I do see that now -- makes no sense. Why can't a bot be set up using mobile device. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ah, actually it does. It says very clearly in the Ticketmaster app that if you turn on push notifications, you will not have to type in the jumbled words.

Volcano: What I did was turn on the push notifications both in my iPhone settings and in the Ticketmaster app settings. Then, I restarted my phone. I had the same problem you did for the NY shows, but I turned on the push notifications before the LA tickets went on sale and was able to snag the tickets I wanted without having to type in a pesky phrase.

I did try to turn the phone off/on and it worked briefly and then stopped working. Maybe I'll try again though right before noon on Monday. Thanks for the advice.

Apologies for earlier -- i was so wrong. Very helpful on the go. My guess they realize it's impossible to see words on giant computer scenes and even harder on iPhone type screens. Or the government hasn't made them do it yet.

The app has me do a captcha maybe 5% of the time. Idgi, but hopefully it'll avoid it during the general onsale like it did this past Monday.

Aaand does anyone else have the problem of the app not making tickets go on sale till 4-5 min after the hour? (during the interim they're on sale on the website but not in the app.)

Apologies for earlier -- i was so wrong. Very helpful on the go. My guess they realize it's impossible to see words on giant computer scenes and even harder on iPhone type screens. Or the government hasn't made them do it yet.

No worries. And it was so hard to see the words on the phone. It took me 5-6 tries to enter them correctly.

Aaand does anyone else have the problem of the app not making tickets go on sale till 4-5 min after the hour? (during the interim they're on sale on the website but not in the app.)

I noticed on Monday that there was a delay with the app, but only about 15-20 seconds or so for me. I found that for the app, it's better to be on the main page where it lists all the shows and to start clicking on your specific show right at 10 (as opposed to already being on the specific show's page and trying to refresh it).

For some reason I have pretty much every artist ever under FAVORITES when obviously I just want U2 for quick access to shows. Is this the case with others here? Events is a mess too. Only venue is the one that started empty and not filled up with 1000 choices I didn't put in there.

Huh, I used the app on my phone to buy tickets, and I didn't have to do a captcha. Interesting.

My only annoyance was that the only way I could find the Vancouver shows was to actually change my location to be Vancouver. But whatever, it worked in the end.

Yeah, okay, I'll try starting from the search results page, I guess? Like Cori, it makes me change my location and then I search for U2.

Are you sure you have to change location? I thought searching for something like 'U2 United Center' works, but maybe I'm just thinking of the non-mobile site.

I was on vacation at the time, and just searching for U2 from where I was brought up nothing. So I made my location Seattle, and still nothing. Only when I changed my location to Vancouver and searched for U2 did anything come up on the mobile app.

Even on the web site, with "Seattle greater area" as my location, I had to search specifically for "U2 Vancouver" for those two shows to pop up.

I was on vacation at the time, and just searching for U2 from where I was brought up nothing. So I made my location Seattle, and still nothing. Only when I changed my location to Vancouver and searched for U2 did anything come up on the mobile app.

Even on the web site, with "Seattle greater area" as my location, I had to search specifically for "U2 Vancouver" for those two shows to pop up.

Me too, I have my location set to Portland and tried changing my location to Seattle but the shows didn't pop up. I think it might be because the shows are in Canada. It's also why the seat map doesn't show up for the Vancouver shows when you try to buy tickets.

Well my app stopped making me type the words but do you think that helped me get tickets? Nope had to settle for seats! What a sham . I had two computers going and the app and no luck on GAs for Boston 3.

I got pretty lucky with Chicago 3 yesterday: TWICE the app pulled up a GA but then wouldn't let me check out (saying something like 'couldn't connect with the server, try again later'). It snapped out of it at some point afterwards (like after 10:30) and actually let me buy a couple. :huh:

I got pretty lucky with Chicago 3 yesterday: TWICE the app pulled up a GA but then wouldn't let me check out (saying something like 'couldn't connect with the server, try again later'). It snapped out of it at some point afterwards (like after 10:30) and actually let me buy a couple. :huh:

I'm glad you were able to get through. I can't complain too much because the boyfriend did get red zone for Boston 4.

Back
Top Bottom