Ticketless Entry Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have just spoken to customer services at the O2 as I have GA for Friday but not the credit card needed for entry. They initially asked for the replacement card, but on telling them I didn't even have that they were happy for me to go to the box office with my email confirmation and ID for "paper" wristbands, then join the GA queue with everyone else. No issues over the phone with them so don't panic if you are in a similar situation!

that's good to know, cheers. I'm on my SECOND replacement card since I bought tickets (one snapped, one was cloned) and so that puts my mind at ease. I have ID and my new card is in the same name, same bank, etc - PLUS I still have the original card, it's just that it's got a big crack in it :D

I got ticketless foro2 .I hope for no problems.i will print off emails from AXS.i didn't want to arrive to early but I may have to ggrrrrrrrrr

Where do the credit card checks for GA usually take place ,is it somewhere outside the venue or inside ?

its right at the end of the queue before you are let into the inside of the arena where the gig happens.

I was a bit worried about the process but once I'd found the actual queue (must have walked for at least five minutes into the place from the main entrance) it was fine; steadily moving queue, plenty of helpful staff, O2 wristband before the credit card swipe (which despite me having bought two tickets on different days with a defunct card took about 10 seconds) then just before entering the actual floor there was the opportunity to pick the U2 wristband of your choice - Southside or Northside (we went South cos Edge).

Caveat: this was 6.40, about 1hr 50m before showtime I think; I expect the lines were longer and the process was slower an hour later but I needed to get in and claim a good spot which was easy at that time, I got exactly the place I wanted (that's me and my mate, circled):

2uhthjd.jpg

Looks like I'll have to buy a new ticket :( as I can't locate the credit card, and my photo ID would be useless, as I'm not the original purchaser! Really glad if the strict security measures are helping to reduce ticket touting, but it is a pain in the arse that two GA tickets (and our "hard earned cash", as Bono likes to say!) will be going to waste! :ohmy:

Have iD's actually been checked lately in Europe?

My ticket is on my wife's credit card (and her last name on card is different than mine). So basically I'm flying across the world with her card hoping they just swipe it and don't look at name/ID

In Glasgow ID was checked on the 2nd night. First night sometimes. But they checked only the name of the cc vs name on the ID. I don't think they checked the picture. So you should take some sort of ID from your wife. With that you should be fine. But no guarantee as every security seems to do things a bit differently...

No, that's not what I meant. According to TM is does need to be a photo ID. I just didn't see anyone checking the picture. They just seem to care about the name.
I guess if they had to check the name on the ID vs credit card, AND check if the picture matches the face of the person infront of them, it would just take too long. But there is of course no guarantee that they won't check pictures in Dublin and Belfast.

Looks like I'll have to buy a new ticket :( as I can't locate the credit card, and my photo ID would be useless, as I'm not the original purchaser! Really glad if the strict security measures are helping to reduce ticket touting, but it is a pain in the arse that two GA tickets (and our "hard earned cash", as Bono likes to say!) will be going to waste! :ohmy:

I've read people say that if you ring Ticketmaster up you can have the tickets transferred to someone else's credit card .

Id be rather surprised if that they actually allowed that. Ive studied the customer service u2 specific faq and they make it very clear there are no transfers allowed- and in bold says NO EXCEPTIONS.

That said.....id be interested if anyone can share they WERE able to actually get this done.

Id be rather surprised if that they actually allowed that. Ive studied the customer service u2 specific faq and they make it very clear there are no transfers allowed- and in bold says NO EXCEPTIONS.

That said.....id be interested if anyone can share they WERE able to actually get this done.

You are forgetting that Ireland is a very lax country .
To be honest the whole tickets thing over here has been a farce.
No limits implemented on ticket purchases ,loads of people bought tickets for multiple nights and had no tickets cancelled like they were supposed to .

See here
boards.ie - View Single Post - U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)
and here
boards.ie - View Single Post - U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Easy enough to transfer tickets to another credit card.

Also, you'll have a bigger chance of them changing it up front than to hassle with it at the box office. Try it before you spend money on something else.

I've read people say that if you ring Ticketmaster up you can have the tickets transferred to someone else's credit card .

Shit, seriously? I honestly gave up hope :( and therefore missed the show. I phoned AXS on two separate occasions, and both times, I was assured that it would be possible for me to gain access to the venue, due to not having the necessary ID or credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's what it shows for all GA tickets as far as I know. (or rather all ticketless / paperless tickets, aka creditcard entry)

I was able to for my GA ticket for Toronto. When purchasing I very absent mindedly charged it to my father's CC :doh: I called the day before the show and with a little bit of a fib and my dad conferenced in on the call with TM got them changed over to my CC. Took about 20 minutes on the phone.

My UPDATE:
Okay I called TM.ie and explained wife name on Cc etc, and they advised me that as long as I take her Cc and a letter of authorization from her, that I "would have no issue at all". I specifically asked if I had to take this to a TM counter, and they said nope just the front of the line where they swipe the CC for entry.
Because of other stories in this thread about transferring to another card altogether, I asked if that was an option I could do. They say technically yes, but that "ticket will still have her original name on it even if I transfer it" to my Cc. I don't really understand that part- perhaps a name flashes up on the scanner when swiped? Anyways, I didn't push for that because they assured me her Cc in hand with letter of acceptance would be fine.

Now keeping fingers cross I can have faith in that....

Hm, I would have pushed for a cc change (although I agree, not sure where her name would be "on" the ticket). The thing is, the ones checking your cc will be local security. Even if for TM this is ok, there is no guarantee that the security guy swiping your card will think the same. What you could also do, is get a written statement from TM (email) explaining what they told you on the phone. As a backup...

Back
Top Bottom