TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got GA. 8:06 pm. 70

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My friend waited on line starting at around 6pm, maybe about 40 people in total on line at that point. They first released 16 $280 seats around 6:30 then around 8pm they started releasing a few GA at a time. He was about 5 people away from getting a GA but then by the time he made it to the window all they had left was the expensive seats and $100 seats in the back corners. We got back on line and waited more and around 8:40pm they released 30 prime seats in sec. 108 etc. with the price now lowered to $100. He bought those and we made it in by Vertigo.

MSG should just have a separate line specifically for people looking for GA tickets. It was really badly setup in regards to GA release, basically someone behind you in line can end up with a GA ticket when they randomly release them while you have to go all the way to the back of the line to try again.

Last edited:
I got there right before 5pm. It is a Pen. Just barcodes before main entrance and no signs. You just have to know and then everyone else asks you what the line is for non-stop. I met lots of lovely people. From London. Austin. Ireland. Delaware. Denver. WE bonded.

I estimate 20 people or so were in front of me, but they kept moving non stop it was hard to keep track of and one girl said she already had 2 GAs, but she was still in line.

Turned out at least 2 scalpers got GAs ahead of the group and then we saw them run out to sell them. They looked like Joey Ramone had sex with Tommy Wiseau From The Room fame. And another guy that was nice to me said he went to show with wife last night, but also jumped out of line at the end to go talk to his scalper buddies after waiting 3 hours, so that Id didn't get.

Basically, they kept offering us 280 seats from 6 on every time they came by and eventually at 7:30 isn I say the fight group (with scalpers) got taken out of the pen and taken up. So say 10 people. Then 20 minutes later 5-7 more. Then at 8pm, they took me and I think 15 others up.

I was giving a number to hold and the guy took us in our own VIP way to the Ticket Window. It was kind of fun.

So the moral of the story is I don't get where these tickets come from, do they hold them back, find out people aren't showing up, yada yada... they seem to appear late and right before the show. I didn't care.

I won. I got a GA for less money than I would have paid otherwise.

Fucking exhausted as I stood more than most fat guys should and went night before. For some reason I took my ear plugs off and my left ear was totally plugged... Maybe I put one side into too deep. I don't know, more deaf than I felt other 2 shows. Maybe back to backs.

Anyway, I've never done that before for any other concert. Never even thought of it. I hear people do it but I like to plan months ahead of time. I'm not spontaneous. Today I was. I feel young. Like 33.

Basically, they kept offering us 280 seats from 6 on every time they came by and eventually at 7:30 isn I say the fight group (with scalpers) got taken out of the pen and taken up. So say 10 people. Then 20 minutes later 5-7 more. Then at 8pm, they took me and I think 15 others up.

I was giving a number to hold and the guy took us in our own VIP way to the Ticket Window. It was kind of fun.

sorry I don't follow this? who was offering you $280 seats? Scalpers before you were taken up to the window?

No the Security Guards did most of the work, but there was also the unofficial pit boss in a suit who I can only describe as Roseanne Barr from NJ.

Anyway, the official people would come by and say we have 280 seats... 4 of them... 10 of them...

And one guy tried to sell us on them, he was funny, but no one took them up on it. Okay, not know one, eventually a few panicked and bought them. The guy behind him bought 1 ticket, but then he also got GA tickets with his buddy, so I don't know what he did with his 280 ticket at 8:10 at night. He was a baller though. I liked him.

Only 1 scalper came by and he was offering Sec 321 for 200 for a pair I believe, said they were face (I think they were double price) but he did offer to walk people into the building before they paid him... so the guy behind him was, we could run away from him. Or maybe he wanted to be paid, but would walk in with you... who knows... he could have been a legit scalper selling real tickets for more money like the old days.

wow it just all sounds so crazy! I am getting very discouraged...and now am very apprehensive about my decision to try for NYC tickets... and I fly in on sunday:|:huh:

Are you only interested in GAs?

Only 1 scalper came by and he was offering Sec 321 for 200 for a pair I believe, said they were face (I think they were double price) but he did offer to walk people into the building before they paid him... so the guy behind him was, we could run away from him. Or maybe he wanted to be paid, but would walk in with you... who knows... he could have been a legit scalper selling real tickets for more money like the old days.

I sat in 322 tonight and only paid 48 for those tix. Great seat btw

Well I'm going to a few more shows...and I'll be showing up to form that line before the stinking scalpers. MSG say they don't recognize that line until a certain time but @#$% that - U2 fans will honor the line that starts up even if not yet recognized by MSG...thing that makes me nervous though is they don't let you in that spot until a certain time so we have to start it further back. Fans shouldn't be a problem honoring the preformed line. Scalpers may be a$$#oles and try to cut in front when the official time comes. Hopefully we have a certain amount of semi-aggressive fans lined up by then that won't tolerate that. Hopefully they concede and don't make a scene because then everybody loses when security feels they need law and order.

This was my plan last Sunday but I lucked out and got box office tickets before I needed to "protect my turf" in that line!

I was afraid scalpers would catch on eventually and pay their dues through waiting in line. Nothing is @#$%ing sacred.

I just have to try to avoid getting shanked because I won't be in the mood for them!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. New to the forum, longtime fan. I'm heading up on Sunday, trying for a drop. Was pretty psyched reading about the first couple of shows. Yesterday sounds a bit discouraging. But sounds like many still got in, so I'm pretty confident.

Question - still able to get 2 tickets per person last night? I hope to be up to MSG by 4 on Sunday, but my buddy won't be there till around 5:30. If they drop early I want to make sure I can get 2.

Thanks everyone. Maybe I"ll meet some of you on Sunday.

Ticket drop for london 6,alot of upper tier tickets have become available

London 5 seems to have more available now aswell

And london 3 has a small number of lower and upper tier tickets available

Typical, i catch this ticket drop but not the GA one?

My friend waited on line starting at around 6pm, maybe about 40 people in total on line at that point. They first released 16 $280 seats around 6:30 then around 8pm they started releasing a few GA at a time. He was about 5 people away from getting a GA but then by the time he made it to the window all they had left was the expensive seats and $100 seats in the back corners. We got back on line and waited more and around 8:40pm they released 30 prime seats in sec. 108 etc. with the price now lowered to $100. He bought those and we made it in by Vertigo.

MSG should just have a separate line specifically for people looking for GA tickets. It was really badly setup in regards to GA release, basically someone behind you in line can end up with a GA ticket when they randomly release them while you have to go all the way to the back of the line to try again.

Yeah that's crap. You should keep your place in line until they have what you are looking for. I wish there was a way to know what is available and they allowed you to allow others to go ahead, keeping your standing in line, if they don't have what you want.

Everyone realizes this isn't a concierge service right? It's luck of the draw.

From what I was told you can buy 2.

It would become a little bit less about luck if they allowed you to come early and wait until the tickets you wanted came available, in a first come first served kinda way.

They appear that's what they do. I got there at 5, but 20 people in front of, one girl said that she got GA around Noon, so I don't know policy, but I don't think they care when you get in. You can hang around the box office in some capacity all day.

But that's the idea of the line or queue as the girls from Ireland/London keep calling it, it was first come first dibs.

It worked out twice for you -- you think you would be singing it's praises!

It's a "SOLD OUT" show and we both got GAs right before show. That's winning the lottery.

Yeah, I hear you, but if I commit I come to expect. And my cousin who hasn't seen them in 30 years will be with me next time.

I'm taking off from work so I will pay my dues down there time wise. I'll be bummed if I don't score, regardless of how lucky I got previously!

2 seats in section 119 coming up on TM. $312.40 per. Too steep for me, they are out there though if anyone is interested

If anyone was in the second pen last night of the cancellation line... you guys were great!

If they made it too easy then none of us would have a shot.

You can't except, just suggest as per The edge.

Seriously if we know 3 out of 4 show we got GA odds are good be a ticket left when you get there. It may not be GA but maybe you get 300 seats for 100. Or maybe you get nothing. But from the data it appears you get three early enough and you do well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom