TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't revisit the past you're destined to stay there forever.

But Bono if we don't go then we won't get stuck. Didn't you see back to the future?

Anyway here all 3 songs about my mother.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well I went to the first and second show and the drop lines weren't too crazy - some of that must have to do with it being under wraps. We could go back to all of the inquiries I was getting in the first drop thread to prove that it wasn't as known about as it is now, right clerks?

Well I went to the first and second show and the drop lines weren't too crazy - some of that must have to do with it being under wraps. We could go back to all of the inquiries I was getting in the first drop thread to prove that it wasn't as known about as it is now, right clerks?

I think headache was saying scalpers knew about this long before we did. But you gave me the idea. I thank you for that. My point is you can only try to get tickets not expect them. It sucks. I know. I know.

Listen, I blabbed enough here on Sunday and Monday about my luck on that line Saturday and Sunday, tipping real fans off...it would be comforting for me to know that AT LEAST I'm no longer competing with scalpers.

I think it was the show you went to that MSG staff caught on to scalpers in that line, and I heard they cracked down on it the following night by picking real fans before scalpers, even though scalpers were ahead in the line...I'd like to know if that put an end to them...if they gave up?

Scalpers at MSG give up? Lololol yeah that'll happen. 90% are in bed with the venue staff. And venue staff aren't throwing scalpers out of line; they will, however, shoe them from the line if they're there trying to SELL tickets. Venues sell tickets to sell out the show not to appease fans. It's a business. If someone goes to a hot dog stand and some clown says "I'll take the rest" so he can go try to sell them down the street at a profit, those dogs are gone. Why would the vendor look behind that guy and say "Wait there's some hungry people in line. MAYBE I'll sell out any way"? Hey won't he'll sell them to whoever and let the next guy worry about if they get eaten.

Sorry man, that sucks.

Can I ask you - did you only go for GA's and decline any offered premium $280 loge seats or were those not available either?

6 tickets at $280 for the 300's was available at around 6/6:30. Keep in mind I was probably about 25 or 30 back in the second pen. There were other tickets that were purchased in the first pen though the evening as that first pen was down to around 8-10 people when we got booted. Some folks in the second pen went for the $280's. I rolled the dice thinking there'd be a decent chance of something cheaper or GA based on reports from the previous shows.

I'm estimating I was around 70th in line. At one point, probably around 6 PM there was at least another 30 behind me if not more.

I feel really bad for that group left in the first pen without a ticket. Must have been there for 10 hours.

Auto correct makes for some fantastic typos from time to time

No doubt:

Waiting to release tickets until 810-815 is probably the best thing against scalpels.

A-hand-in-a-surgical-glov-007.jpg

My friend was in box office line last night and he also did not get a ticket...mind you, he did not go until around 7pm to try for ticket, but he texted me to say there were over 100 people in front of him and he would "shit his pants" if he got a ticket! they announce no tickets about 8:35...he said he heard A LOT of crying around him:|

Randomly downtown walked by guy who was in line with me Thursday. He was nice. Knew a lot. And was friends with scalpers. Weird. 8 million people and you run into strangers.

I have 2 tickets for lower level seats at only $86 a piece for Thurs. I would love to get GA tickets and sell these off if possible.

Based on what I've read so far, you have to get to the box office early, like 3pm, and you won't know until shortly before the band comes on stage if there are GA tickets available or not.

Is it realistic to assume that if I get there at an early enough time (3pm? 2pm? earlier?), and wait until the very end, I can score GAs, and then unload my seats quickly enough that I can make it inside for the concert?

Also, what is the maximum they allow you to purchase together at the box office? Can I get like 4 GAs if available or do they have a limit of like 2?

I have 2 tickets for lower level seats at only $86 a piece for Thurs. I would love to get GA tickets and sell these off if possible.

Based on what I've read so far, you have to get to the box office early, like 3pm, and you won't know until shortly before the band comes on stage if there are GA tickets available or not.

Is it realistic to assume that if I get there at an early enough time (3pm? 2pm? earlier?), and wait until the very end, I can score GAs, and then unload my seats quickly enough that I can make it inside for the concert?

Also, what is the maximum they allow you to purchase together at the box office? Can I get like 4 GAs if available or do they have a limit of like 2?

Do you still have them? What section? Will you sell them individually? I'm interested!

Ok, I got overly excited. I'm trying for tickets on Thurs too and won't be down as early as you, and if I don't get tickets from the box office, I will be seeing if anyone has extras, if that helps you.

If I can somehow score GA tickets I will PM you, but going by what's being said in this thread, I (and therefore you) won't know until the very last minute.

I wouldn't mind selling individuals, if they do sell easily. In other words, as long as it's fairly easy to find someone else to buy the other ticket I can sell you one, but again this is if I get GA.

I don't get why they wait until the very last minute to release the GA tickets...I understand they are trying to deter scalping but isn't scalping illegal anyway? Makes me wonder, why isn't NYC deploying cops to handle the situation, the city can really clean up in scalping fines.

some people are inferring that security at MSG is in on it with some of the scalpers..to make some money themselves..of course I have zero proof of this..it is just what some have been reporting from MSG

Well, I am hearing differing reports...someone told me at the Wednesday / Thursday show MSG was on to the scalpers and overlooked them as they were pulling fans from the line for box office ticket purchase - but I have read elsewhere that the scalpers have caught on to the box office ticket drops and a few of them have been among the first in line and they are getting tickets and then running outside to sell them. I've even heard that they have the balls to try to run an assigned number line before the officially recognized line (which I would do but I am a fan with other fans).

Wow, well if MSG security is in on it, all the more reason for the city to enforce the law. What's the point of a law if it's clearly being ignored and people are being screwed over as a result?

I don't get why they wait until the very last minute to release the GA tickets...I understand they are trying to deter scalping but isn't scalping illegal anyway? Makes me wonder, why isn't NYC deploying cops to handle the situation, the city can really clean up in scalping fines.

You're not from NYC are you?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Most places it's legal. Most places say you can sell for face or lower. Only rule i hear at MSG is not 100 feet near the building.

I've told you my story. I only saw 2 scalpers get tickets and run out and they were fairly waiting i the front of the line. Anyone can. Everyone else that got GAs was a fan like me to my knowledge.

This whining about the world being perfect isn't gonna help everyone. I mean, a few people on here have told stories about the jerks in the seats behind them who aren't scalpers, but rich jerks. I met some very nice scalpers and some terrible real fans.

I feel most of us got tickets in the general sale. This is for last minute "gifts" tickets I would call them. Also two chord you won twice, so you can't expect to win again. i won once, I don't think I'd test fate.

Anyway -- i'm cheering for everyone to get tickets. I am. But you aren't going to change people trying to scalp tickets. Just don't buy them. But people do. So it will never end.

Back
Top Bottom