TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that's new - but I'm having trouble seeing that there are any newly released seats available for those shows. Of course, it could be that resellers have already scooped them up.

For what it's worth, I don't recall ticket drops on previous arena tours having anything "cheap". Usually, it's lowers beside or behind the stage that they now see they can sell.

It should also signal that they have the stage erected somehwere and can tell what seats which previously were thought tp be obstructed or blocked aren't, so how soon till we see a real stage design?

It should also signal that they have the stage erected somehwere and can tell what seats which previously were thought tp be obstructed or blocked aren't, so how soon till we see a real stage design?

What about those people who bought tickets for seats which they now realize are obstructed, I wonder?

What about those people who bought tickets for seats which they now realize are obstructed, I wonder?

Its only Stevie Wonder who bought those anyway....I assume they had enough of an idea before selling tix as to what could possibly be obstructed, and labeled some seats as thus and held others out of the sale. Can't imagine they sold tickets at full price with no warning and they would end up obstructed. If they do those folks when they get to their seats need to seek out the venue's customer service desk ASAP and should get moved. Had that happen once in the old Boston Garden for Aerosmith NYE show, tix were badly obstructed by the hanging PA system, got switched to seats right beside the stage.

I'd like to think that they are usually conservative when they first sell tickets - but I believe they take care of ticket-buyers whose seat status is affected by changes in the production. On the Elevation Tour, we arrived at the first Providence show to find that our rear stage seats did not exist (they had been removed to accommodate the stage). Tour management provided everyone in our section with front row lowers in prime sections PLUS floor wristbands if we felt like joining the GA crowd. They didn't get us in the heart, but the fantastic view from the new seats left me feeling more than compensated for the inconvenience. :)

I'd like to think that they are usually conservative when they first sell tickets - but I believe they take care of ticket-buyers whose seat status is affected by changes in the production. On the Elevation Tour, we arrived at the first Providence show to find that our rear stage seats did not exist (they had been removed to accommodate the stage). Tour management provided everyone in our section with front row lowers in prime sections PLUS floor wristbands if we felt like joining the GA crowd. They didn't get us in the heart, but the fantastic view from the new seats left me feeling more than compensated for the inconvenience. :)

Golly thats a freakin sweet deal

Golly thats a freakin sweet deal

filepicker%2FQjlMvps4Sn6Nn165WM0U_Beaver78.jpg

Theres been a ticket drop for London 5. Theve released some £55 tickets in the upper tier

Its only Stevie Wonder who bought those anyway....I assume they had enough of an idea before selling tix as to what could possibly be obstructed, and labeled some seats as thus and held others out of the sale. Can't imagine they sold tickets at full price with no warning and they would end up obstructed. If they do those folks when they get to their seats need to seek out the venue's customer service desk ASAP and should get moved. Had that happen once in the old Boston Garden for Aerosmith NYE show, tix were badly obstructed by the hanging PA system, got switched to seats right beside the stage.

Yeah, that happened to me for The Zoo tour in Sydney. Camped out all night for tickets. Didn't buy GA, as I knew I'd be playing cricket all day, so couldn't arrive early. So bought what should have been good seats. Only to find out when we arrived that we were behind the stage, due to it's size I guess. No alternate seats were offered, but they let us go in GA. Of course, due to our later arrival we were back in the seething mass of people. Great fun, but not great views for a shortie like myself.

Over on u2.com's Zootopia forum, a member has said that her MSG ticket's were relabelled 'side of stage' 3 days after purchase. She's upset & taking action, no wonder, especially at $312 a ticket. Here's the quote, & link for those that can see it,

Did anyone else buy a ticket for an MSG show that was labeled "side of stage" after their purchase? Mine were relabeled 3 or 4 days after purchase. Would you be willing to file a complaint with the NY State Attorney General? I've looked at the form and they want to know what kind of relief the filer wants -- I think a discount would be appropriate, to the level of other restricted view ticket prices for that show.

I am tired of logging on to the fan club, trying to determine just how restricted the view might be from my seats after paying $312 for them. It is very easy to find the link to the form online.

Seats at U2 2015 Tour - U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 - Zootopia Community

Possible the band themselves had a lot of these nosebleed seats for San Jose or whatever...that would explain why they were basically only available on the secondary market right away. We know from Madonna pricing tactics before that their manager is used to pulling this sort of nonsense.

For what it's worth, literally every upper deck seat was on the secondary market, so that would mean that it was the band themselves selling these or whatever at the highest prices (with fake names attached to the tickets). Otherwise, there's no way they could be "releasing" tickets....

Those particular cities being targeted with lower priced tickets (or previously scalper priced ones re-entering the main system) makes a lot of sense as the demand just hasn't really been there for those nights. They never came close to selling out even weeks after the fact and people are trying to sell nosebleeds on secondary sites for $30 plus fees just to get out of it.

For me, I'll just be interested in figuring out how screwed up my views will be. Having something kind of in the way or whatever is alright, but I really don't even want to go if I can't look down and actually see the band because there's a wall right in my way. That's basically the equivalent of paying to go sit outside a stadium show. :down:

We're so close I'd be stunned if the stage hasn't already been constructed in some warehouse in Belgium by now.

Thanks rennowba. Was this on TM or AXS? I've got GA's for London 5, but am looking for a cheap seat for London 4. Have been checking for a ticket drop most days, no luck so far.

Always check on axs mate. You can see what block the tickets are available in and everything. Plus axs is the official o2 website so if theres a drop i would of thought it will only be on there

Thanks. Yeah, I've been checking axs just about every day, & TM occasionally, in case they get a drop. Learnt by lesson after London 1-4 general sale, when I only tried for GA's on TM, who had no allocation at all :|

Not a ticket drop but london 6 has had a big price reduction. Alot of the upper bowl £90 tickets are now £55.

This is a ticket drop now. London 5 has had loads of £55 tickets added.

London 5 and 6 are miles away from being sold out!

This is a ticket drop now. London 5 has had loads of £55 tickets added.

London 5 and 6 are miles away from being sold out!

Just had a look and yikes, there are probably a couple thousand for each show not sold. You can get blocks of eight tickets together easily. Hope they sell over the next 6 or 7 months. I will be at those shows and don't want to see empty seats!

The 5th show looked like it was more or less a sell out at one point. There was only pairs of tickets in two of the lower corners. Now theve released loads of tickets

how bizarre, though it does (selfishly) put me at ease a little as I was hoping they wouldn't sell out in the next weeks as I'm pretty broke. This is crazy though

It's pathetic how these ticketing companies/promoters or whomever is behind it pull this crap to create artificial demand.

Hi, my first post. i am trying to work out if there will be any ticket drops for uk shows, specifically for GA tickets. Once the stage size has been worked out is there likely to be any more GA tickets released if they realise they have more floor room left? and more importantly how can you find out when these tickets are gonna be released?

Usually when the first show venue has the stage setup, they'll start dropping for other gigs as well. So keep an eye out the next few weeks.

Hi, my first post. i am trying to work out if there will be any ticket drops for uk shows, specifically for GA tickets. Once the stage size has been worked out is there likely to be any more GA tickets released if they realise they have more floor room left? and more importantly how can you find out when these tickets are gonna be released?

Keep checking the axs ticketing website. They dont announce when these drops happen most of the time they just happen,so just keep checking the website

MSG 7 & 8: entire rows of $118 tix available in the mid-to-upper 200s

From u2start, €150 seats for Stockholm. I'm not too familiar with Sweden's sales, but checked axs.com & found seats on 21st September for SKr1,465 (section A7).

They released more tickets for Vancouver both nights. I just picked up 2 GA for May 14th and looks like there are still more at this very moment!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom