TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay. I recall partyslammer saying it was 4. I managed to snag 2 for LA1 during the drop, so maybe it's timing?

Not sure if it's a sign of anything, but Ticketmaster just updated all the Forum maps to reflect the difference between the Red Zone and the GA, as well as showing the actual stage layout.

Oh okay. I recall partyslammer saying it was 4. I managed to snag 2 for LA1 during the drop, so maybe it's timing?

For about half an hour around 3:30 the afternoon of LA Night 1, I was able to pull and go through the steps of buying up to 4 GA tickets in one try. After about 4pm, I could only pull 2 at a time and then it dwindled to one before they apparently sold out of GAs.

LA Night 2, I was only able to briefly pull no more than 2 GAs at a try during the late afternoon ticket drop and it seemed like TM sold out of the GAs much faster than the first show.

I figured as much. Just interesting that they would do that when there are no more seats from the venue left.

I'm sure there's going to be late afternoon ticket drops the days of each remaining show. I doubt they'll be as extensive as the last two weekday shows though. I bet especially Saturday will be the toughest ticket of the 5 LA dates because it's ...well, Saturday.

I'm sure there's going to be late afternoon ticket drops the days of each remaining show. I doubt they'll be as extensive as the last two weekday shows though. I bet especially Saturday will be the toughest ticket of the 5 LA dates because it's ...well, Saturday.

Bleh. I want to go either tomorrow or Sunday, but trekking down 5 hours to LA with no tickets does not sound very appealing. I'm sure at the very least I could get some scalped tickets before the show starts for cheap (at least on Sunday), but thats riskier than I like to be.

Bleh. I want to go either tomorrow or Sunday, but trekking down 5 hours to LA with no tickets does not sound very appealing. I'm sure at the very least I could get some scalped tickets before the show starts for cheap (at least on Sunday), but thats riskier than I like to be.

If you have money to burn, it's almost a certainty a handful of the best unsold VIP and "resale" seats in section 109 and 110 will pop up at a mere $300.

If one wanted to try to gangsta their way in, I checked stubhub at 7:25pm on the night of LA1 and resellers were selling the limited view tix for $30, and even saw a couple of $118 seats for $50. It might be tough for the Saturday show, but it's an option.

Not sure if it's a sign of anything, but Ticketmaster just updated all the Forum maps to reflect the difference between the Red Zone and the GA, as well as showing the actual stage layout.

They should update the rest of the maps (in the remaining cities) while they're at it.

If one wanted to try to gangsta their way in, I checked stubhub at 7:25pm on the night of LA1 and resellers were selling the limited view tix for $30, and even saw a couple of $118 seats for $50. It might be tough for the Saturday show, but it's an option.

I'm seriously debating this. Not brave enough to do it for Saturday, but I'm giving some serious thought to Sunday.

I'm seriously debating this. Not brave enough to do it for Saturday, but I'm giving some serious thought to Sunday.

I feel similarly and have been thinking of doing it for Wednesday since they're are more (reasonably priced) seats available if the GA falls through.

Geeze, tonight looks like it's going to be very slim pickings when or even if there's a drop.

add me to the list of people looking for 1 or 2 extras in the non $250 range.

I'm in Santa Monica but ready to meet anywhere in LA

Has there been any kind of drop at all for today (Sat) the past 24 hours? Usually by now most of the unsold VIP and few GAs left start to drop but absolutely nothing today as far as I can tell. Even the number of TM scalp/resale tickets is pretty low. Sunday looks kind of grim as well.

Has there been any kind of drop at all for today (Sat) the past 24 hours? Usually by now most of the unsold VIP and few GAs left start to drop but absolutely nothing today as far as I can tell. Even the number of TM scalp/resale tickets is pretty low. Sunday looks kind of grim as well.

None that I've seen. I've been at work with the ticketmaster seat map on my second monitor on auto-refresh for the past 7 hours and nothing. If there is going to be a drop, it has to happen in the next 2 hours at least. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

LOL, there's been a ticket drop for Sunday. One, that is "1" single ticket in the uppers for the entire arena.

I saw a bunch of people last night around 6 still waiting for GAs at the box office - anyone know if anyone successfully got GAs from the box office yesterday?
Trying to figure out my strategy for tonight. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I saw a bunch of people last night around 6 still waiting for GAs at the box office - anyone know if anyone successfully got GAs from the box office yesterday?
Trying to figure out my strategy for tonight. Thanks!

The talk in this morning's GA line was that no new GA's were released yesterday (for last night's show).

It does not look good for tonight. TM seems to be following the same pattern for non-release of any tickets as last night (Sat). Zero available on TM so far today. In fact, there's even far less re-sale reserved seating tickets available this morning then yesterday and what is available is priced even higher than Saturday.

Tonight's Show

Guys, FYI, yesterday there were no GA DROPS and likely none today. However; i went to the Forum yesterday hoping to find an extra and the box office had MANY tickets for sale (no GA) but they wanted $285. There were about 30 of us who said screw that and waited hiping for a price drop. During the third song the box office dropped all tickets to $105! We all go in with amazing seats for $105. Also:
DO NOT BUY SEATS OFF SCALPERS AT THE LA FORUM. There was a huge line of people with counterfiet tickets with girls crying because they lost $700. Just go to the box office and wait for a price drop!

The talk in this morning's GA line was that no new GA's were released yesterday (for last night's show).

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't want to do seats again tonight so I'm hoping for a GA drop. Not likely I guess. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You never know, there may be a price drop but the guy in charge said this morning to us in line that if there is a drop it wouldn't be until later after the 1st GA line gets sorted out. Probably around 4:30-5:00. Because it's Sunday they may be hard to get tonight but if you're willing to get a seat and miss the first two songs you can get an amazing seat most likely. Good luck on getting GA TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom