TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So was there large chunks of empty seats?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

From my vantage point (sec 109), I didn't see any open seats. But I could only see the 200 level on The Edge's side. GA was definitely packed.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

From my vantage point (sec 109), I didn't see any open seats. But I could only see the 200 level on The Edge's side. GA was definitely packed.

So good to meet you and glad you made it in!

It ended up completely packed where I was. Started the show center ice in 226 in unsold seats I saw on Stub Hub. By SBS the venue had sold the seats so I moved to the aisle until after Ordinary Love. The place was packed I was shocked given the large number of unsold seats on Friday.

I purchased a single in 227 the night before for $312, but watched the first 2 songs from lower bowl 112 (intense!) then someone showed up. I bounced to 108 row 11 on an end seat and nobody showed up the whole night for my seat or the one to my left. Unreal!! The place looked jammed from where I was but I have to admit the people in my section were not big fans they didn't know any of the new stuff. What a phenomenal view of the show, I feel this is the best tour since at least Elevation. I went to LA4 (102 row 6 - great view of e-stage), and agree with some other members Bono was flat in the first set. Last night was awesome!!

So a whole CRAPLOAD of upper level tickets were just released for Chicago 5, July 2nd. $95 and 65. Tell your friends! I imagine this show will be similar to LA 5. Seems doom and gloom, not gonna sell out, empty sections curtained off, etc. Then when I go to the show, it'll be full.

They might need to do a club show in Chicago to promote the final show.

Another Montreal drop going on now - Red Zone tix for MTL 3&4 (just $84 CDN!), and $115 CDN lowers at the e-stage end for MTL 1&2!

Holy shit, good lookin out. I just scored the last RZ ticket available for Tuesday but there are two of us and there's no way I'm going to be able to use it. I was certain I'd get a second when I went back around again and no dice. $84 is insane to be able to just pass the line and go in first.

Hadn't noticed these before, but TM now has "Official Platinum Seats" available for Boston1. These look like the VIP Party and VIP Fan tickets, and have been marked down slightly (VIP Party in Loge8 now $220, and VIP Fan in Loge13 now $495), since they no longer include the pre-show party or swag.

Those just popped yesterday. Had been some Platinum Seats up earlier (back when initial sales happened). Saturday night has 4 pairs in loge 22 for $550 a ticket.

Those just popped yesterday. Had been some Platinum Seats up earlier (back when initial sales happened). Saturday night has 4 pairs in loge 22 for $550 a ticket.

Thanks for pointing those out, too. I am amazed by the constant reshuffling and repricing of tickets for these shows! I completely understand why TM does it ($$$$), but I am in awe of the numerous creative methods they employ to create demand where there is none (LA5) and maximize revenue. I feel like you need a doctorate to stay ahead of them!

Apparently there might be a ticket drop for Amsterdam 1 & 2 in half an hour. Mojo concerts posted that on twitter earlier.

TM has just released $265 Platinum Seats in Loge6 and Loge8 for Boston2...

TM has just released $265 Platinum Seats in Loge6 and Loge8 for Boston2...

For Boston 3 they have 4 pairs in Loge 7 row 1 for $250 a seat... first row at the e stage, probably not too bad a value though you wouldn't see the screen. And they have $185 tix in loge 5 and Boston 4 has $175 tix in loge 5. I sense the regular ticket drops are imminent. Have GA for 3 and 4, going with a buddy on his GA to 1, so just looking for night 2 (which will be the toughest one seeing as its a Saturday), hoping for the $118 corner loges to see one show from seats without spending 3 bills a ticket.

For Boston 3 they have 4 pairs in Loge 7 row 1 for $250 a seat... first row at the e stage, probably not too bad a value though you wouldn't see the screen. And they have $185 tix in loge 5 and Boston 4 has $175 tix in loge 5. I sense the regular ticket drops are imminent. Have GA for 3 and 4, going with a buddy on his GA to 1, so just looking for night 2 (which will be the toughest one seeing as its a Saturday), hoping for the $118 corner loges to see one show from seats without spending 3 bills a ticket.

I'm in a similar situation. Have GAs for Boston1, and balconies for 3 and 4 - all $82 tickets. Having spent over $2k for the seven Boston Vertigo shows, I wanted to avoid spending megabucks this time around if at all possible. I've been on the hunt for Boston2 GA - but now thinking we may add another pair of night1 GAs instead and bring our kids to that show (they're already going to night4). Hoping there's a better chance at scoring GAs in a drop for night1 than night2. Drops for Saturday may be scarce.

A there were some tickets for toronto both shows today morning in the more expensive sections. still no GA ticwt drops for toronto though that may happen as we get to the day of show

There are some non 'platinum' seats available for Boston 1,3, and 4 now. Just pulled one up in Loge 7 (behind the e stage) for the 15th for $113+. Upper levels available for the 14th at the same price.

I bought some RZ on the Montreal drop for $84 and the box office called me to tell me that they sold too many tickets so they moved them to the $300 section. So I canceled em. Weird.

I bought some RZ on the Montreal drop for $84 and the box office called me to tell me that they sold too many tickets so they moved them to the $300 section. So I canceled em. Weird.

Wait so you paid $84 for tickets, and they moved you to a $300 section and asked for the difference? Or they simply hiked the price on the $84 ones? Maybe you can talk to your cc company to try and force them to honor the transaction.

No they moved me to the $300 seats and honored the $84 price. But I only had 1 RZ so I didn't want to sit by myself. I was going to use the RZ to get close in GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom