Ticket Delivery Delay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
For those who have their Ticketmaster email confirmation already, what do you gather the following means:

IMPORTANT ALERT : There is a delivery delay on this event. Please check the Event Detail Page for information on when the delay will be lifted. Once the delay has been lifted, your tickets will be available via your selected delivery method.

What is the delay for, and how long do we think it will last? You can't go to the Event Detail page for information on when it will be lifted, because when you click that link, it asks for your code to proceed. And of course, you've used your code already, so you can't proceed.

They delay delivery to check that people haven't bought more than their specified allotment. The delay is until after the general sale. Keep in mind it's moot for CC entry tickets.

How can someone buy more than their allotment, tho? You can only select a maximum of 2 tickets...and you can't get back into the screen with your presale code once you have successfully purchased. Seems weird..

When I click on the Event Detail screen I get this:

Please note that delivery will be delayed on all tickets until on or around the Public Onsale Date. Please adhere to the published ticket limits, which will be strictly enforced. If you exceed these limits, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice.

looks like we are waiting until sometime on Monday maybe?

I was on the phone live with TM ogres during the entire midday debacle, when she verified my sale, she told me there was a delay until the 8th. Tickets would be sent then.

Yea it's allegedly so that they can look for something that doesn't seem right, that would point to scalpers or robots buying the tickets... which is ridiculous cause we all know they're in bed with the scalpers.

Exactly. It's actually hilarious that they try to pretend they are concerned with and trying to obstruct ticket scalpers when ticketmaster themselves sponser resale sites and even redirect you to resale sites on their website where tickets are.... wait for it.....being scalped! It's pretty insulting that they think we're this stupid to think they care when clearly they don't give a flying F

You mean you guys haven't received your tickets yet?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom