Thoughts after watching opening night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ChrisEdge. You're wrong. We were all there....in spirit.

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to express some more apreaciation:

B Day and City seemed rocking out very well. Don´t understand the complaints.

I Will Follow - goddamn it, Adam did there magnificient badass playing. WOW. He is the man!

Why? I was there, you were not. I have nothing to prove and don't have to show you anything. Believe what you want, and hopefully any tickets won't be wasted on you and your sourpuss ways.

You just said you have videos where the crowd goes nuts on Outta Control. :) :) :) I would love to see that. Because to me Canadien crowd looked very reserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIv6x4f2owU

Vertigo tour in Miami I played a cruel trick on an annoying couple I was behind that were on the rail at the bottom of the catwalk circle. Repeatedly they kept asking people to take pics of them when the band members were behind them, and i couldn't believe that people kept doing it.

Bono's directly in front of us singing WOWY within arm's reach, and they turned and asked me. I ignored them at first, they kept tapping me, finally I took the camera like I was giving into them. I quickly tuned it off, put it down by my waist, popped the bottom open and pulled out the small battery. I handed it back to them and said it wouldn't work. They spent 2 songs just trying to figure what was wrong, then the final songs of the show frantically trying to look on the ground for it. I know most will think I'm an asshole for doing this.

Best part was as everyone was walking out of the arena, I walked up to them and handed them the battery and said I found it on the ground. They thanked me up and down for finding it.

sour-puss.jpg

How can you try to argue with someone who was actually there? That's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Additionally that video shows some people in the front rocking, but most of those people at the front of stage were in line for at least 14 hours before the show, and I wouldn't be going crazy either. I was half way back with the drinkers and late arrivals and they were more energetic. But you go on thinking what you want. No one will change your mind anyways.

Additionally that video shows some people in the front rocking, but most of those people at the front of stage were in line for at least 14 hours before the show, and I wouldn't be going crazy either. I was half way back with the drinkers and late arrivals and they were more energetic. But you go on thinking what you want. No one will change your mind anyways.

Always baffles me when people try to say a show was crap when they weren't even there, YouTube doesn't translate energy very well

Yes, it can be like you said, you were there, it only made me interested as you noticed you have videos of cheering fans. WHat I´ve seen on youtube, is a very reserved crowd.

Chrisedge. Instead of filming the band tonight, can you only film the people around you? For like the whole 2 hours? I want to watch that shit so bad.

Even in the video you posted, I wouldn't describe that as "very reserved". Maybe in the CZ they rip their clothes off and sacrifice virgins when classics are played.

Chrisedge. Instead of filming the band tonight, can you only film the people around you? For like the whole 2 hours? I want to watch that shit so bad.

My friend actually took multiple pics of the arm waving guy that always managed to get in front of us, and I was busting up. And I know I got some footage of him cause he was funny and was having a great time without being the obnoxious drunk kinda guy. It was a fine line and he managed to be dorky, yet ok.

Even in the video you posted, I wouldn't describe that as "very reserved". Maybe in the CZ they rip their clothes off and sacrifice virgins when classics are played.

Lmao I done that at Cardiff 360, so liberating you should try it

My friend actually took multiple pics of the arm waving guy that always managed to get in front of us, and I was busting up. And I know I got some footage of him cause he was funny and was having a great time without being the obnoxious drunk kinda guy. It was a fine line and he managed to be dorky, yet ok.

Nice!!!

Two random thoughts, it would've been interesting had all this technology been around for the past tours like periscope etc. and see people's reaction.

And while I am in agreement with most who say that people should be enjoying the concert and not filtering everything through a cell phone, I am grateful for those who shared the concert last night with us on said technology. (Without it I'm sure we'd be missing out on all this "insightful analysis" ;-)

And while I am in agreement with most who say that people should be enjoying the concert and not filtering everything through a cell phone, I am grateful for those who shared the concert last night with us on said technology. (Without it I'm sure we'd be missing out on all this "insightful analysis" ;-)
This.

Vertigo tour in Miami I played a cruel trick on an annoying couple I was behind that were on the rail at the bottom of the catwalk circle. Repeatedly they kept asking people to take pics of them when the band members were behind them, and i couldn't believe that people kept doing it.

Bono's directly in front of us singing WOWY within arm's reach, and they turned and asked me. I ignored them at first, they kept tapping me, finally I took the camera like I was giving into them. I quickly tuned it off, put it down by my waist, popped the bottom open and pulled out the small battery. I handed it back to them and said it wouldn't work. They spent 2 songs just trying to figure what was wrong, then the final songs of the show frantically trying to look on the ground for it. I know most will think I'm an asshole for doing this.

Best part was as everyone was walking out of the arena, I walked up to them and handed them the battery and said I found it on the ground. They thanked me up and down for finding it.

I appreciate you sharing this story, as it confirms for me that the first impressions I get about people on here are usually correct.

If most people think you're an arsehole, it means it is probably true...

That story is heinous

Wonder what happened to the whole Bono taking to his younger self thing?

One thing I noticed from all the cell phone recordings was that the audio sounded really bad and muffled. Hopefully it sounds better in person.

To those who think they needed more rehearsals etc - were you even there?? Because from my view right up front it was an amazing show. It was live and it wasn't perfect - who expects a live show to be??? But it was a great show. The boys proved once again why they are one of the greatest live acts ever to do it.
I can't wait to see it all again tonight!!!

And the audio sounded great - shockingly so and I was in the first row right next to the stage, where is usually horrible.

Back
Top Bottom