The entire South of the US were shafted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stadiums will have lower prices, especially in light of how these recent sales have gone. I think the vast majority of people will refuse to pay over $100 for any band, and that's what we've run into here. I don't think it's that U2 have suddenly become so unpopular they can't sell out arenas, but it's going to take time at those insane prices!

For a stadium tour, yes there will still be too many $300 tickets, but there will be a lot more $100 tic, $80 tix, and a lot more GA.

I think that with te release of SOE, U2 will need to do a little bit of damage control to make people like them more.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So they struggled (by U2 standards) to sell out arenas in some major markets, but they're going to sell out stadiums in Columbus, Ohio and Norman, Oklahoma?

Huh?

So they struggled (by U2 standards) to sell out arenas in some major markets, but they're going to sell out stadiums in Columbus, Ohio and Norman, Oklahoma?

Huh?

No not at all. U2 have no business playing stadiums in these cities (even though I wish they would, as Columbus is pretty much where I live). That stadiums are enormous college stadiums. Norman had an entire upper deck curtained off in 2009 for U2, and Columbus in 1997 was roughly half full (not bad for Popmart, as that still was about 45,000 people). U2's unwillingness to play single night arena shows have priced them out of markets like Columbus or Oklahoma City, much like the Rolling Stones.

I don't know… maybe this backlash goes deeper than we're all willing to admit. The $300 tickets are going to be a tough sell, but Vertigo u2 could've sold them. These shows are going to sellout, sure. But these are U2's biggest markets in the US (and Phoenix). The fact that you can still buy random tickets for all 4 shows in LA says something about a bigger picture.

Back
Top Bottom