Stage Layout in Different Arenas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a standard minimum for arena floors, the stage has been designed to fit in t;);)hat minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Unless it's an Irish Arena ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app

Still pretty hilarious how badly this place freaked out over eventually nothing.

Local crew in Vancouver had copies of the floor blueprints that matched the leaked coliseum photos.

Evidence shows that u2 changed course after seeing fan complaints. Even the final RZ section was mildy different that the map emailed to RZ buyers.

At the end of the day I saw 4 different RZ layouts(TM, PNE, RZ email and RZ Vancouver)

I'm taking my 8-year-old son to his first concert at the Forum in LA next weekend. We have section 204 - does anyone know if that's behind the stage? Can't tell from the rendering.

thanks

Local crew in Vancouver had copies of the floor blueprints that matched the leaked coliseum photos.

Evidence shows that u2 changed course after seeing fan complaints. Even the final RZ section was mildy different that the map emailed to RZ buyers.

At the end of the day I saw 4 different RZ layouts(TM, PNE, RZ email and RZ Vancouver)

And what "evidence" shows this? As opposed to them simply changing their minds once they saw how it looked once actually set up?

I'm taking my 8-year-old son to his first concert at the Forum in LA next weekend. We have section 204 - does anyone know if that's behind the stage? Can't tell from the rendering.

thanks

No, 204 will be at the end where the e stage is. And you should still have a view of the screen from that angle as well.
Main stage should sit approximately between sections 113 and 124.

Floor blueprints were sent to Rogers Arena staff a couple weeks after they sent everything up at the PNE Coliseum.

Okay...

And blueprints were also sent to every arena that clearly showed the red zone as wings around the e stage.

You said that this was evidence that fan complaining led them to the change. What evidence is there, if any, that supports your assertion that a couple of shlubs on fan sites had anything to do with them changing the layout?

I think it's much more feasible that they simply didn't like the other layouts, and or had logistical reasons for setting them up the way they did.

My ramp red zone layout made no sense to begin with... as how the hell were people getting in and out of the red zone without being a major problem for regular GA ticket holders?

Okay...

And blueprints were also sent to every arena that clearly showed the red zone as wings around the e stage.

You said that this was evidence that fan complaining led them to the change. What evidence is there, if any, that supports your assertion that a couple of shlubs on fan sites had anything to do with them changing the layout?

I think it's much more feasible that they simply didn't like the other layouts, and or had logistical reasons for setting them up the way they did.

My ramp red zone layout made no sense to begin with... as how the hell were people getting in and out of the red zone without being a major problem for regular GA ticket holders?

The "shaft red zone" was at the Coliseum for 3 weeks. Photos leaked/fans complained and then the Red Zone was changed twice more in the days leading up to opening night.

Seems odd that the week before the show something went through their mind that hadn't occurred to them in the 4 previous weeks at the PNE Coliseum or the 6 months since the on sale or the 2 years(?) that their team spent creating the technical spec on this show.

Another example of the band being sensitive to fan criticism was the addition of the MOS snippet in Bad done at Van2 and SJ2 when it was pointed out to them failing to acknowledge NLOTH at the tour opener.

The "shaft red zone" was at the Coliseum for 3 weeks. Photos leaked/fans complained and then the Red Zone was changed twice more in the days leading up to opening night.

Seems odd that the week before the show something went through their mind that hadn't occurred to them in the 4 previous weeks at the PNE Coliseum or the 6 months since the on sale or the 2 years(?) that their team spent creating the technical spec on this show.

Another example of the band being sensitive to fan criticism was the addition of the MOS snippet in Bad done at Van2 and SJ2 when it was pointed out to them failing to acknowledge NLOTH at the tour opener.

so you're basing this on assumptions, not actual evidence.

i'm not saying it's not possible that they heard some rumblings and decided to change it... but i don't believe it at all. i think it's a hell of a lot more likely that they just came to the realization after a few run throughs that it wasn't the best of locations, as opposed to changing it cause a couple of people bitched about it on fan forums.

and i think the idea that they added a moment of surrender snippet to Bad because of being sensitive to fan criticism is absolutely ridiculous.

#lotsofpersonalbiasspeculation

so you're basing this on assumptions, not actual evidence.

i'm not saying it's not possible that they heard some rumblings and decided to change it... but i don't believe it at all. i think it's a hell of a lot more likely that they just came to the realization after a few run throughs that it wasn't the best of locations, as opposed to changing it cause a couple of people bitched about it on fan forums.

and i think the idea that they added a moment of surrender snippet to Bad because of being sensitive to fan criticism is absolutely ridiculous.

One of my sources saw the "shaft red zone" layout for Rogers Arena. This was different than the blue print given to arenas in December.

EVERY one of the regular GA fans that travels in was pretty annoyed about the "shaft RZ" before the 3rd/4th versions were known to the U2 community. To say it was only a couple fans bitching is a gross inaccuracy, even if interference has had a poor "signal to noise" reputation content wise since the end of the Vertigo tour.

There would have been fan kick back if they went with RZ around the shaft or e-stage. Plus the shows would have worse off energy wise. I was 4 rows behind the Red Zone at Van1 and it was a low energy group beyond a few fans going nuts.

BTW, there were also a ton of production changes I notices between Van1/Van2. Even within songs done both nights.

MSG 205 is right on the borderline of screen viewing. I was in 109 seat 7 (7 seats off centerline) at SJ and could see the things on the screen but couldn't see anything in it. 10 seats further from the centerline would probably have been acceptable but still not ideal.

One of my sources saw the "shaft red zone" layout for Rogers Arena. This was different than the blue print given to arenas in December.

EVERY one of the regular GA fans that travels in was pretty annoyed about the "shaft RZ" before the 3rd/4th versions were known to the U2 community. To say it was only a couple fans bitching is a gross inaccuracy, even if interference has had a poor "signal to noise" reputation content wise since the end of the Vertigo tour.

There would have been fan kick back if they went with RZ around the shaft or e-stage. Plus the shows would have worse off energy wise. I was 4 rows behind the Red Zone at Van1 and it was a low energy group beyond a few fans going nuts.

BTW, there were also a ton of production changes I notices between Van1/Van2. Even within songs done both nights.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8

I thought Sicy posted that she had space to do cartwheels in San Jose's GA?

Why does Sicy lie. :(

Lol I was by the B stage ... I swear there is room. How else could this pic be taken. Look how far back the person taking the pic is.

IMG_7143_zpshdanr7lm.jpg

Although up by the main stage was definitely more crowded. We could not make our way up there but we could pretty much walk around all over GA near the B stage and red zone.

#lotsofpersonalbiasspeculation

The leaked coliseum photo had band gear in the photos which meant they were 10-14 days after their crew had arrived and set everything up.

Another thing notable about the photos leaking was that no phones of any kind were allowed inside the Coliseum by their security team. Drop box/coat check type situation upon entry.

The leaked coliseum photo had band gear in the photos which meant they were 10-14 days after their crew had arrived and set everything up.

Another thing notable about the photos leaking was that no phones of any kind were allowed inside the Coliseum by their security team. Drop box/coat check type situation upon entry.

None of this means that they changed the layout cause of fan complaints. You're really stretching, especially with the assertion that the Moment of Surrender snippet was added because fans (and where are these fans?) were upset at a lack of No Line On The Horizon tracks.

There are loads of fan complaints/requests that they've never acknowledged... but all of a sudden they're adding snippets and changing layouts because of them?

Come on man

:facepalm:

Lots of paragraphs, but not one shred of evidence that it had to do with fans.

But keep trying :up:

No, 204 will be at the end where the e stage is. And you should still have a view of the screen from that angle as well.
Main stage should sit approximately between sections 113 and 124.

Why are you thinking that? ... When the Red Zone (which is next to the main stage), is shown on the other side on the Ticketmaster seating chart?

None of this means that they changed the layout cause of fan complaints. You're really stretching, especially with the assertion that the Moment of Surrender snippet was added because fans (and where are these fans?) were upset at a lack of No Line On The Horizon tracks.

There are loads of fan complaints/requests that they've never acknowledged... but all of a sudden they're adding snippets and changing layouts because of them?

Come on man

Exactly. I mean if they added Moment of Surrender snippet because fans were "complaining" about a lack of NLOTH I think the entire POP album would have been played by now.

Why are you thinking that? ... When the Red Zone (which is next to the main stage), is shown on the other side on the Ticketmaster seating chart?

It appears the TM seating charts are no longer reliable with regard to the RZ placement, so don't use that as a guide. Because each arena only "loads in" one way, the main stage will be where the end stage is for every other act.

I'm sure the road crew is having great fun with the sexual connotations of the load-in and load-out on this tour.

Most, if not all, ticket outlets are using the RZ placement given to them in December.

I think only 2 cities have the ticket outlets actually specifically indicate the main stage placement. The rest you have to figure out yourself with the north/South thing. Some fans are buying seats near the e-stage when they intended to get seats by the main stage.

Not thinking. Knowing. Red Zone on the TM maps is now inaccurate, Red Zone has been moved to the other end of the floor by the main stage. Look at any other seating layout for the Forum and you'll see the stage at the 113-124 end, and that is where the main stage will be for the U2 show (and Red Zone now is at that end but not shown that way on TM maps), e stage is at other end.

Back
Top Bottom