Stage Layout in Different Arenas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shouldn't have to wait very long
All I'm saying is that, if Vancouver is anything to go by, you can use the little red blobs on the TM map to locate the e-stage. Whether we consider these red blobs, to be just that, red blobs, or whether we consider them to be RZ's that have subsequently been moved, it doesn't matter.

All that's important is that the e-stage is near the red blobs on the TM map. Some people are concerned which end they are sitting at, & this information will help them determine that. As long as TM has been consistent with their maps, & they're always consistent, right? Consistently crap :D

60389s_a.gif

Wait, so just to be clear, does this mean that the main stage will be on the left side of the photo above, and the e-stage on the right side? Or am I getting this wrong?

For all these venues, the safest bet should be to find a 'standard' end stage seating diagram, either from Ticketmaster or the venue website...then it seems reasonable to assume that the main stage will be in the same location and the e-stage directly opposite.

For comparison, a regular end stage diagram at the remodeled MSG

luke-bryan-seating-chart-msg.4940.gif

MSG usually pulls the basketball bleachers out up to the sound board as a way to shrink the floor and sell more tickets, cause Jim Dolan. Those at sections 1, 2 and 3.

You can see in the chart for i/e that those three sections are very very small, thanks to the length of the stage... but damn it if those cheap bastards didn't try their damnedest to squeak a few extra hundred dollars out of the show

I didn't realize they were going to keep the bleachers there. But of course. I think they didn't have them for the last couple of times I went to MSG, but those were for less popular acts.

For my non-GA shows, I have seats in 120, 207 and 212. I thought the first two would be behind-the-stage seats, so this works better.

The pricing is weird, as 120 cost me the same as 212 ($118). 207 was cheaper than both ($86).

Question for Headache in a suitcase. Section 205 at MSG. Do you think I will have a good view of the screen from there. Sounds like you know the arena. Have GA the night before

Yeah, I'm happy with that. It's a Thursday night show, so maybe they charge more for the weekend dates? Anyways, I won't complain.

All that's important is that the e-stage is near the red blobs on the TM map. Some people are concerned which end they are sitting at, & this information will help them determine that. As long as TM has been consistent with their maps, & they're always consistent, right? Consistently crap :D

For all these venues, the safest bet should be to find a 'standard' end stage seating diagram, either from Ticketmaster or the venue website...then it seems reasonable to assume that the main stage will be in the same location and the e-stage directly opposite.

Thank you both for clarifying this. Makes perfect sense. :up:

Question for Headache in a suitcase. Section 205 at MSG. Do you think I will have a good view of the screen from there. Sounds like you know the arena. Have GA the night before

Doesn't look like it from the seating chart but no way to tell for sure. Probably a better question for someone who's seen the show already and sat in a similar section

I was looking at tickets for the 9 shows I have and possible i won't see full screen for any of them. Almost impossible, but I pulled it off! Best bet is Sec 201 MSG, still not sure.

So now I appreciate YouTube even more for letting me see the show. Also, I plan to not stay in my seat to catch the screen on the catwalk...

I remember the days when obstructed view meant you could not see the band.

Not the video screens.

Don't get me wrong, the tech is cool, and I am all about design, but at some point it jumps the shark.

There are clear Kraftwerk / Devo / NIN moments or "borrows" in this show. I am still trying to digest everything, but it really is a different kind of show.

I think Williams was really going for a 'grown up' sophisticated look with the scaled back stage - kudos to that. The screen(s) and how they are used, I am still up in the air. Some looks are just a bit too close to what has been done before, and this is not typically a band that mimics...

Jury is still out.

Looks packed in San Jose - maybe denser than Vancouver. Hopefully because the O2 in London is big enough to fit the Eiffel Tower in on its side :)ohmy:) there'll be plenty of space to stand back a bit and dance and look at the screens rather than being hemmed in and unable to see for the MILLION PHONES

https://youtu.be/N8wI5lrAvrI?t=5m42s

I thought Sicy posted that she had space to do cartwheels in San Jose's GA?

Why does Sicy lie. :(

Back
Top Bottom